Vlakyrie trophy is very easy on easy if you have the items!

ain_sr

Defeating the Valkyrie queen might be the mot difficult objective in the game. It's quite difficult even on easy or story difficulty. However if you have the right items the victory is very easily manageable without much skill or practice. All you need is a bit of farming of an hour or two in Nilfheim maze. 

Edited by ain_sr

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, ain_sr said:

Defeating the Valkyrie queen might be the mot difficult objective in the game. It's quite difficult even on easy or story difficulty. However if you have the right items the victory is very easily manageable without much skill or practice. All you need is a bit of farming of an hour or two in Nilfheim maze. 

Disagree. It takes a decent amount of skill and practice to remember her moves because some of them are unblockable and take a massive amount of health even with the best gear. Her moves are totaly random so you cant remember a pattern. Just remembering how to defend against her moves is the best way.

Ive faced hell of alot of bosses in my time in gaming and this is up there which gave me the most trouble. Even on easiest diff no one can say this boss is easy

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally defeated the Queen! It took me like 50 attempts. The first 8 valkyries were easy, but the Queen. Pfffff. 

Watched some videos on YouTube how to pull it off, but that won't help much. You'll have to do it all by yourself. But it's a lot of fun to see other people struggle with the Queen as well. Lol!! 

• 2 weeks later...

got her 2nd time on easy

i did sindri breast plate

valkarie gauntlets

invaldi waist guard

The enchantment that slows her down

straight away freeze her , hit her with everything you got

dodge around for 30 secs to recharge runics

hit her with everything again

activate rage

give her a spartan hows your father in rage with R1

hit her with everything again and collect your trophy

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Took me a couple of hours to beat the Valkyrie Queen last night.

I was loaded out with the complete Ivaldi armour, level 8 maxed out.
After a few attempts, decided to switch Ivaldi breast armor to Sindri's breast armour, because it protects you from damage while performing rune attacks.
Kept the rest the same.

But I still wasn't getting really close to beating her, so after about 15 failed attempts I started to focus fully on blocking and dodging, not attacking at all, just trying to figure out how to not get hurt.
This really helped me to just familiarize myself a bit, get a better understanding of what to do.

So, back to attacking and decided that some of my rune attacks weren't effective enough so I swapped some of them.

Coincidence? With these new rune attacks... on just the second attempt I nailed it. 

Glad it's over though. Yes, it felt great finally beating the Queen, but I didn't really enjoy the fight at all. If I hadn't been going for the platinum I would have quit after the main story. 

Although I have to admit, after expecting to dislike Muspelheim and Niflheim... I rather enjoyed those.

Edited by dJordman

• 1 year later...

Yeah this fight has been giving me trouble for the past two days.

Watched the no hit vids because even though I don't have that kind of skill, you can usually take something from it but not for me in this case.

I cannot seem to dodge anything she attacks with. I can block her basic sword attacks and those ice particles, but I cannot dodge/roll out of the way of the big ice chunk she throws. She also has a charging lunge which when I try to time dodge/roll she turns into it. Then there is the sky drop she does and I can probably dodge 1 in 5 but that takes a massive chunk of health each time. 

I opted for the stone which on arrival gives a little health but full rage and go into the fight with a full rage bar, but even two rage bars only takes 2-3 blocks of health from her so not even sure if its worth it. 

For gear I use the armour from Nilfheim or whatever its called and its levelled up to tier 7. I cannot go past that as I can no longer seem to get the parts for it anymore to get it to tier 8 but with the little improvements it seems to offer I'm not sure it's worth the grind anyway. 

The story was great and seeing the locations for the first time was a great experience. But everything afterwards has just made this game a slog of an experience. I wanted to get this fight done rather than leave it for the last trophy, but the whole thing just causes the game to come to a halt. Playing on the easiest difficulty too which is extra embarrassing, though this fight does seem to have its own difficulty spike.