PS+ game for June 2020!?!

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This version of the game is Exclusive to Plus subscribers. The tweet image shows a time frame of May 26 - July 6.

Again, we can speculate, but people don't need to put out there that it IS a bonus game until we know.

I'm not commenting on it being a bonus game or not.

I'm speculating about the meaning of "Exclusive".

Like I said, it might mean you'll just need Plus to get it, but not to own it later. Still, it's a catch 22 as you'll still need Plus for the online portion of the game.

This is obviously another Activision scheme like what they did with Blops 3 and Destiny 2 to sell people DLC and microtransactions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

A year ago I wouldn't believe this, but since EA and Sony seem to have made peace, it sounds quite reasonable.

But, as someone who has played and platinum both Battlefront 1 and 2, let me tell you that the latter is a very weak game, a real step backwards in gameplay, visuals and game modes. I loved BF1, but really didn't like BF2.

I preferred the first Battlefront too (more game modes, better maps, better progression system, power-ups, and hero unlocks) but the second Battlefront got to a strong point itself.  Early on it was a mess but it is in a good state now. 

If this is true, a huge get for PS Plus.  Two massive games, a far cry from the usual offering.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I preferred the first Battlefront too (more game modes, better maps, better progression system, power-ups, and hero unlocks) but the second Battlefront got to a strong point itself.  Early on it was a mess but it is in a good state now. 

To me, BF1 felt like a very well crafted game, a surprisingly well made twist on DICE's Battlefield gameplay and the overall online experience was top quality.

BF2 always felt like a rushed production and very much like a game made to please a VERY casual player base.

And the fact is, it really is a very casual game that doesn't really feel competitive or gives an experienced player any incentive to keep on playing.

I don't wanna say it's crap out of respect for those who worked on the game.

But every time I played it I kept thinking:

"Damn. This game is crap".

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Like I said, it might mean you'll just need Plus to get it, but not to own it later. Still, it's a catch 22 as you'll still need Plus for the online portion of the game.

This is obviously another Activision scheme like what they did with Blops 3 and Destiny 2 to sell people DLC and microtransactions.

If you press down on the store page it says the game is free as long as you own a ps+ subscription.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

The same reason there are a movies available both on Netflix and HBO go. Not everyone pays for everything.

In recent months we had Sims 4 and Titanfall 2 from EA Acces, so it's not really a new situation.

Yeah I forgot about those two. Life goes on............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

It's "exclusive" because the base game wasn't up for purchase anymore before coming to PS+, it was relisted just for this reason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

It's "exclusive" because the base game wasn't up for purchase anymore before coming to PS+, it was relisted just for this reason.

You're probably right. But was the vanilla ever available on the digital store?

Wasn't it always only the Gold and Deluxe editions?

17 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Not really sure, never looked for it before lol

I just checked PS Prices, it has never been listed.

Funny when they do that, upload a previously never released vanilla version for PS+ line up.

God forbid they would lose any of that sweet DLC money.

9 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Pretty sure you could get the base game. 

Pretty sure you couldn't. Check this out:

US

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/3889822/call-of-duty-wwii

UK

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/3889904/call-of-duty-wwii

No price history.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

29 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You're probably right. But was the vanilla ever available on the digital store?

Wasn't it always only the Gold and Deluxe editions?

Once DLC2 came out, the CoD games would always switch to "Gold" versions that would include DLC1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

And which game is the second game now? The usual unveiling time is over. No official Video on YouTube like every month, what happened?

CoD WWII is all we get for June. Don't be greedy, Sony can't give you 2 free games per month. Support the industry

• Like 4