(Discussion)should you get flagged for late syncs?

Should you get flagged for syncing very late?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should you get flagged for syncing very late?

• Yes
    • No

Fuck no. That would be absolutely idiotic.

I earned trophies in 'N++' on my friends PS4 a few years back, and forgot to sync before I left his house. Some time later (1 year ish?) I was at his house again and checked my trophy list, bam, late-synced trophies that I had totally forgotten about. NBD, my profile has many uncompleted games and that doesn't bother me in the least.

Shortly after though, his day 1 PS4 died out on him, and he replaced it with a shiny new PS4, meaning any trophy screenshots saved to his hard drive were lost. Taking a closer look at my profile shows that this may actually have happened to me multiple times. Battlefield 1 also had this issue.

Nobody should be flagged for situations like the one above. Anybody who thinks they should can take a long walk on a short pier.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

and what about all the hunter who prepare more than a year for platinum rains? are they all cheater now? It's just absurd to have a dictation how I play and sync games.

This wouldnt affect plat rains as those arent a sync thing, you are just earning all the plats on the same day so your sync would be the same day you earn the platinum.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

This wouldnt affect plat rains as those arent a sync thing, you are just earning all the plats on the same day so your sync would be the same day you earn the platinum.

Agreed, but I think she was intending to paint a scenario wherein none of those games would have been synced at all prior to the Platinum.

Having thought about it further, my personal stance is that, as long as there is no cause for concern outwith the late sync (e.g. unobtainable Trophies popping), I personally don't see a problem with it on the leaderboards. Concerns and flags may still be raised, but without further evidence suggesting foul play I don't think a late sync alone is enough evidence to have a flag stick.

Am I right in thinking, that if one has a hidden game on their profile, they suddenly get the urge to complete it, then when they do, they unhide it and sync it here, that would be cause for concern? The dates would show what time they earned the trophy so I don't see the issue?

2 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

Am I right in thinking, that if one has a hidden game on their profile, they suddenly get the urge to complete it, then when they do, they unhide it and sync it here, that would be cause for concern? The dates would show what time they earned the trophy so I don't see the issue?

The issue is If you plat it and don't sync it, then 5 years later you do and it appears out of nowhere in the top of the list

WHICH.... shouldn't be an issue, but as people say, could mimic CFW

Edited by MichMasteR

I agree with a lot of the sentiments here. I believe that it's up to the Cheater Removal Team to prove that a person cheated beyond any possible doubt.

If there's a chance a person did it legitimately, they shouldn't be penalized. I would hate to get to the point where instead of playing games normally, people start filming themselves in order to provide "evidence" for potential flags. That's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Golem25 said:

Agreed, but I think she was intending to paint a scenario wherein none of those games would have been synced at all prior to the Platinum.

Having thought about it further, my personal stance is that, as long as there is no cause for concern outwith the late sync (e.g. unobtainable Trophies popping), I personally don't see a problem with it on the leaderboards. Concerns and flags may still be raised, but without further evidence suggesting foul play I don't think a late sync alone is enough evidence to have a flag stick.

But that is still an entirely different thing.

One case you are not earning a trophy and the other is you are earning trophies, just not syncing them.

If I "hack" my Vita and PS3 to get ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 480 missions only(the rest I have )can you find out? 

Just 1 trophy I need to hack I can do 400-420 missions/trials . But 480 is hard for me.

I was on YouTube and some guy was saying he did that with a few of his games and is still on Lb 10 years later. He Said he is careful and doesn't just hack any easy trophy.

In my case I just want to get 480 missions is it safe or will I get caught?

2 minutes ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

If I "hack" my Vita and PS3 to get ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 480 missions only(the rest I have )can you find out? 

Just 1 trophy I need to hack I can do 400-420 missions/trials . But 480 is hard for me.

I was on YouTube and some guy was saying he did that with a few of his games and is still on Lb 10 years later. He Said he is careful and doesn't just hack any easy trophy.

Well you just painted a giant target on your back by posting this I can tell you that much 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

Well you have literally just said here that you plan on hacking for the trophy so...

• Like 4

Could hackers not still just hack the multiplayertrophies with correct timestamps then some singleplayer with current timestamp and keep some hidden trophies to always be able to say the multiplayer trophies were hidden and getting back into it made me unhide it? that would explain why it is back on top of the list and if somebody recognises changed in first or latest achievers or anything also explain that

so it would be a rule hackers can work around easiely

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

If you ever get in a dispute, chances are you will remain flagged with your statement

12 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Well you just painted a giant target on your back by posting this I can tell you that much 

8 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Well you have literally just said here that you plan on hacking for the trophy so...

Just now, MichMasteR said:

If you ever get in a dispute, chances are you will remain flagged with your statement

Ok let's say I am at 97% in my game right now.

Missing only 1 trophy and platinum.

I hack it and edit the time and make it look like a proper timestamp.all other trophies are proper timestamp and proper order.

How the hell do you find out i hacked it?

I have 45/47 right now.

I even have marvel 3  vanilla platinum so I could argue I got good and managed to do 480 missions .

Catch my drift?