(Discussion)should you get flagged for late syncs?

Should you get flagged for syncing very late?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should you get flagged for syncing very late?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Shadiochao said:

Wouldn't this look identical to a game that's been synced late, though? A game with timestamps from 2016 being placed among my 2017 games

No,

Edit : Also, I already mentioned this specific time frame you're referencing, as it happened to my own list while I tested an old game for a dispute.

Edited by B1rvine

15 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

No not really, its common practice to do online trophies first because offline trophies have no time limit. You would have done nothing wrong. I know people who like to keep their ps3/ps4 in offline mode, so that's not unrealistic. Only thing I would find unrealistic is having a spare ps4 those things are expensive.

Wait don't you need to be online to get online trophies, how would that work?

You’re right, I guess that example wouldn’t work...?

But as much as I agree with your perspective...I don’t see that as being the reality.  I would guess there would be a flag and a judgement from the CRT based off of ‘feels’.  Which I don’t condone.

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

In one case, your list is moved from one spot to another spot on your profile, in the other instance it's never there to begin with.

I don't know if PSNP keeps track of all that, but if I had signed up to the site for the first time today, there'd be no way of knowing whether it was there all along or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

In one case, your list is moved from one spot to another spot on your profile, in the other instance it's never there to begin with.

Sorry, I don't understand. You're saying in one case it's on your profile, and the other it's not on your profile?

Just now, Shadiochao said:

I don't know if PSNP keeps track of all that, but if I had signed up to the site for the first time today, there'd be no way of knowing whether it was there all along or not.

Sure, but when they have the same IP address on someone who just had three flags, then their brand new account doesn't have these games, and suddenly they have 23 games that were "never synced" from offline from 5 years ago, but WAIT they have a single trophy popped "currently" to avoid the mismatched ordering issue I've highlighted, ya'll love to cry "CRT are CORRUPT."

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

No not really, its common practice to do online trophies first because offline trophies have no time limit. You would have done nothing wrong. I know people who like to keep their ps3/ps4 in offline mode, so that's not unrealistic. Only thing I would find unrealistic is having a spare ps4 those things are expensive.

Wait don't you need to be online to get online trophies, how would that work?

How is it even unrealistic? People upgraded from original to slim or from slim to pro and still keep their old one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

You’re right, I guess that example wouldn’t work...?

But as much as I agree with your perspective...I don’t see that as being the reality.  I would guess there would be a flag and a judgement from the CRT based off of ‘feels’.  Which I don’t condone.

I take issue with people being asked to provide evidence for a game they did a decade ago. Like thats a realistic request, might as well keep the person flagged, who has evidence from a decade ago?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Sure, but when they have the same IP address on someone who just had three flags, then their brand new account doesn't have these games, and suddenly they have 23 games that were "never synced" from offline from 5 years ago, but WAIT they have a single trophy popped "currently" to avoid the mismatched ordering issue I've highlighted, ya'll love to cry "CRT are CORRUPT."

So it's IP based, then? That's good to know.

6 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

How is it even unrealistic? People upgraded from original to slim or from slim to pro and still keep their old one

Unrealistic was probably the wrong word, it's just that I never upgrade unless I need a replacement so it's a bit odd to me.and I dont buy consoles just to be spares.

To see people with like 3 ps4 consoles that all work is simply just odd to me. 

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

HYr67ii.png

This guy told me he figured it out first, and synced late... But it's possible, right?

It's highly improbable yes

However, just because one person who says they late sync is actually suspicious doesn't mean everyone who does it is. No one is saying everyone who says it's late sync is actually telling the truth, people lie sometimes its human nature.

Why is there no other member of the CRT here, this feels like a conversation that needs to be had with more than one of them here.

20 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Why did you just say that, about the IP address?  ?

This was the point I’ve been trying to make in this thread the whole time (in my own way): CRT has its methods to determine ‘cheaters’, and you aren’t pressured to relinquish any tactics to find cheaters IF your guidelines are solid.  This thread is open, with feelings of sadness and anger, to get you and admin to BEND.  Good/Honest/Cheating people, whatever designation you want to give us...but it’s to have looser guidelines to do what we want to do.

In my humble opinion: put out/enforce the no-nonsense guidelines, stop giving tactics/measures on how you designate rulebreakers (besides the obvious for proof of cheating), and tell the whiners where to go.  Period, point blank.

Anything else is not being ‘Rorschach’.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Context

15 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Unrealistic was probably the wrong word, it's just that I never upgrade unless I need a replacement so it's a bit odd to me.and I dont buy consoles just to be spares.

To see people with like 3 ps4 consoles that all work is simply just odd to me. 

You dont, but I do. I don't say it's that common or everyone should do that but I always gut the new model the last 4 times. I have fat lady, a slim, a ps4 from the first shipping and a ps4 pro also from the day it came out and I use them all at the same time. besides that my husband also uses one so we can play together  but I use them a lot to boost with myself in 2-player trophy occasions. I know a huge amount of ppl with 2 or more ps4 at home to do exactly that...

There is nothing odd about that :)

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhunting
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

I like the thought that if you've got unsynced trophies on a really old ps3 that means that you cannot use that ps3 for any future trophy hunting because that means syncing. Thats quite comical.(not targeted at you, website merged my posts when I didnt want it to)

You can delete unsynced trophies by deleting the user so that's not true tbh

Just now, charxsetsuna said:

It's highly improbable

Exactly.

So with no written definition or parameters other than CFW usage being flaggable, as its currently written, how should "extremely improbable patterns" (not even necessarily related to late syncing) that match CFW tactics be handled, since everything is "possible" ? How should this problem be rectified, other than more verifiable leaderboards, such as making rules against late syncing, the most common side effect of CFW use?

How about you give me a different solution instead of just saying mine is horrible?

• Like 4