Trophy thoughts

CowMoyoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The devs brought out a patch, but the game still feels very unpolished: Weird hitboxes (you can grab your opponent when he's almost standing behind you), an AI that switches between "I'll just stand here and let you kick my butt" and "Let's see how you like my overly long combo" on the higher difficulties, sidekicks/minions you can't control or fight (I wish that there was an option to at least stun them because some of them like Gully's minion can just interrupt your combo with their attacks whenever they want to while you can't do anything about it except dodging - which leads to you spending more time thinking about how much time you have left until that stupid minion starts shooting at you again than actually fighting your opponent), clunky attack mechanics (if you don't fully charge your charge attacks for example, they don't come out at all), and then there's the respawn animation: it lasts for ~7 seconds which really kills the momentum of the match. Brawlhalla did a much better job with the respawn mechanic.

I'm so glad I borrowed this game from the library because if I bought it, I would have been even more disappointed than I already am. Sure, it's made by only two people, but there are other games like Axiom Verge and Iconoclasts (both metroidvanias, but still video games) that are extremely good and were made by only one person.

It's so sad because this game has a lot of potential.

As for the trophies: The most difficult one for me is the one for unlocking all character colors (not sure why they called them skins because they're just the same character with a different color palette) because of the bipolar AI and the fights against multiple opponents. Also, the trophy for 1000 ejects seems to be bugged. Sweet.

Edited by Sillshez15
  • Like 2