Petition to rename Test of the Wild to Test of the Patience

On 30/05/2020 at 10:28 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Meh, it's not that bad. The guide on TrueAchievements is very good and describes exactly how to approach it. You need to get a little bit lucky with spawns and missions, but if you get a good setup in the first 8-10 minutes, you're cruising. 

SETUP

• Scout out worms or captains as fast as you can and get intel on the warchief. Look for Ûgakûga, he's the most useful because he has high health and low damage. If you don't find him quickly, you can just quit out and try again.
  • When you find him, head for his mission and complete it. Hopefully you get one of the easy ones, and he shows up with only a small number of bodyguards.
  • Defeat and brand him, but do not kill him! Command him to riot against one of the other warchiefs.

If you didn't finish all of this in a good amount of time, you can quit and retry without investing the entire 40 minutes.

PAYOFF

• Head for the riot mission; they only show up at 5-6 locations on the map, and each one has a graug bait nearby.
  • Find and shoot the bait to summon the graug, and mount it.
  • Use the graug to eat all the bodyguards first, and then the other warchief. The one exception is Zûgor, as he'll likely kill you and your graug if you use this strategy. Just eat him first and you'll be able to hunt down his bodyguards later.
  • Once the riot is resolved, kill the graug, run over to Ûgakûga and dominate him again. Command him to riot against another warchief. Once he's no longer on your radar, press down on the D-pad to explode all remaining orcs for the points.
  • Rinse and repeat until all warchiefs are down.
  • If you haven't eaten 10 captains yet, command Ûgakûga to riot against a regular captain and repeat this process.
  • Once you've eaten 10 captains, you can advance time. This will promote a few captains to warchief and give them their own bodyguards so you don't have to hunt down one captain at a time.

If all goes according to plan, each riot will let you kill 1-5 captains/warchiefs, and you don't have to do any of the time-consuming missions to draw them out. I sent off Ûgakûga with a final head explosion at 36:00, with points to spare.

I agree. Using that strategy, I managed to do it the first time I got Ûgakûga as the first intel (you can easily get it by having him as the second or maybe even third intel, but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't spend more time than necessary). Don't remember exactly how much time I had left when I got it, though.

Also, for the other test, in the Bright Lord DLC, the TrueAchievements strategy for that also works well - kinda tight, but works.

Edited by Eagle

I found the Test of the Ring way harder; without being able to riot/betray the warchiefs, you actually do have to finish their missions, along with any of the Nemesis missions that are hiding captains. There's less to do, but the margin for error is much lower. If you accidentally kill a captain you were supposed to brand, you have to make a new captain by letting yourself get killed and then brand that captain instead. That could easily be the difference between finishing in time vs. not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Test of the Ring is easier because you got an additional 20 minutes instead of the 40 minutes you get for Test of the Wild. That makes a HUGE difference because you literally cannot dick around when going for The Hunt is My Mistress.

If you waste too much time going after Ugakuga you pretty much have to start over. Then there's the luck based factor as well as having stupid shit like having Talion climb the wrong platform or the Graug randomly picking a bunch of regular Uruk instead of the Captains and Warchiefs you're aiming for.

Over 11,000 trophies on my account, and The Hunt is My Mistress is still one of the most annoying trophies I've gone for.

• Like 2

On 13/07/2020 at 2:44 AM, Shadowhedgy said:

Hi! I'm confused about this trophy, because I don't see how to start this mission. I don't see the icon anywhere on the map. So far, I just got the platinum trophy, and all the trophies from Lord of the Hunt (except this one).

It's not on the map. It's on the main menu, under the Trials section.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

It's not on the map. It's on the main menu, under the Trials section.

Ouh, ok. Gonna check then. Thanks.

I have check a few guides and it seems quite annoying to complete.

Should I start with Lord of the Light Campaign instead?

Edited by Shadowhedgy

On 13/07/2020 at 0:41 PM, Shadowhedgy said:

Oh, OK. Gonna check then. Thanks.

I have checked a few guides and it seems quite annoying to complete.

Should I start with ThBright Lord's campaign instead?

I mean, it's your call. It's not gonna make a big difference anyway.

But I would definitely recommend using the strategy discussed up above once you do so. It works very well.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12.10.2020 at 9:25 AM, Naji-Leonhart said:

Man, I tried this trophy for 3 days and nothing.

It has been months now since the last time I tried, this is one of the worst trophies i've tried :/

Here is my 6-10 hour tactic.

First of all. After each step: If you managed to complete the step: okay. You go out and save to the cloud, but if you failed, You go out and load save from the cloud.

On my attempt, I wrote down with each step below. I reloaded the game about 30 times.

1. Start game, look out for intel and get info for Warchief name: Ugakuga Graug Rider [for me, he is the best as main one]. The maximum time is 1 minute to hit it.
2. You are making an 'attack' on Ugakuga to get it for yourself. It's best when you get here a mission with direct killing, e.g. subordinates or archers, because they are the fastest. If you don't get a quick attack here, I recommend that you do a full reset as it will come out faster than the stealth mission. After defeating him and capturing him, order him to attack some captain.
3. Ask any orcs about captains who are not assigned to War Chiefs. If you want, you can search for the location of all of them. It should take you 7-8 minutes max.
4. Go defeat another Warchief, then another, etc. The only exception here is that if there is a Graug lure next to a Warchief, you want to lose it and take him over to eat this Warchief and his bodyguards. Fastest kill and needed. If u got graug, u can try roam arround map to get 10 beast kills. Look on map about nearest zone, and select him, them look for him in wraith form.

After 5 warchiefs and 14 kills (10 with graug) i got arround 26 min. In next 10 minutes i kill alomst all and got 5/19(10 eated). Ive got around 36:00+ and 1 kill. One of my bodyguards was supposed to attack the last one to lure him out. Problem is i've got here around 10k points only. So i need farm points to get arround 12k. Because after u complete this in time u will get 1k.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/05/2020 at 10:58 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Meh, it's not that bad, the guide on the Xbox achievement site is very good and describes exactly how to approach it. You need to get a little bit lucky with spawns and missions, but if you get a good setup in the first 8-10 minutes, you're cruising. 

Setup:

- Scout out worms or captains as fast as you can and get intel on the warchief. Look for Ugakuga, he's the most useful because he has high health and low damage. If you don't find him quickly, you can just quit out and try again.

- When you find him, head for his mission and complete it. Hopefully you get one of the easy ones, and he shows up with only a small number of bodyguards.

- Defeat and brand him, do not kill him! Command him to Riot against one of the other warchiefs.

If you didn't finish all this in a good amount of time, you can quit and retry without investing the entire 40 minutes.

Payoff:

- Head for the riot mission; they only show up at 5-6 locations on the map, and each one has a graug bait nearby.

- Find and shoot the bait to summon the graug, and mount it.

- Use the graug to eat all the bodyguard captains first, and then the other warchief. The one exception is Zugor; if you try and leave him until last he'll likely kill you and your graug. Just eat him first, you'll be able to hunt down his bodyguards later.

- Once the riot is resolved, kill the graug, run over to Ugakuga and dominate him again. Command him to Riot against another warchief. Once he's no longer on your radar, press Down to head-explode all the other orcs for the points.

- Rinse and repeat until all warchiefs are down.

- If you haven't eaten 10 captains yet, command Ugakuga to riot against a regular captain and repeat this process.

- Once you've eaten 10 captains, you can advance time. This will promote a few captains to warchief and give them their own bodyguards so you don't have to hunt down one captain at a time.

If all goes according to plan, each riot will let you kill 1-5 captains/warchiefs, and you don't have to do any of the time-consuming missions to draw them out. I sent off Ugakuga with a final head explosion at 36:00, with points to spare.

This method worked perfectly for me. And I even fucked up by advancing time a few times too early. This was giving me a lot of trouble. Thanks for the tips!

I’m so confused. I see everyone talks about saving to USB or Online Cloud. This never works for me or am I doing It wrong? Every time I save my game to the PS online cloud, and when I download my save back to storage after messing up a run, the time and kills continue where I last messed up instead of the save I made before. Can anyone point out the mistakes I’ve been doing for the saves? Here are my steps...

How I save (Maybe I’m wrong):

1. Got 4 kills in under 4:30 or at least a good run.

2. Leave the Test of the Wilds and close application.

3. Hit options and navigate to PS online cloud saves.

4. Upload save file to online.

5. Open up the game and continue to the trials.

How it’s not working for me after messing up my run:

1. Quitting application and downloaded my save to storage.

2. Open the game and entered trials and hit continue. 

3. After loading in, my initial save was never loaded.

Can anyone help me out here?

6 minutes ago, ArtoriusFrost said:

I’m so confused. I see everyone talks about saving to USB or Online Cloud. This never works for me or am I doing It wrong? Every time I save my game to the PS online cloud, and when I download my save back to storage after messing up a run, the time and kills continue where I last messed up instead of the save I made before. Can anyone point out the mistakes I’ve been doing for the saves? Here are my steps...

Hey, a fast and silly question, but just to make sure: do you overwrite a save on cloud while you upload? 

If yes, then have you tried using USB storage to test if it's only cloud issue?

I like your avatar, btw. Suits your name as well. :D

2 minutes ago, Fey_Ironclaw said:

Hey, a fast and silly question, but just to make sure: do you overwrite a save on cloud while you upload? 

If yes, then have you tried using USB storage to test if it's only cloud issue?

I like your avatar, btw. Suits your name as well. :D

Hello there! Well, I don’t believe so because using this method I able to earn a trophy when I was playing “Vampyr” and made sure my saves were uploaded and downloaded correctly, therefore never overwritten.

I could do a test save to USB, but unfortunately I don’t have one that my PS4 can recognise. This is why I was stuck with cloud saves. Also, thank you for compliments, I like your name, it sounds mystical! ?

19 hours ago, ArtoriusFrost said:

Hello there! Well, I don’t believe so because using this method I able to earn a trophy when I was playing “Vampyr” and made sure my saves were uploaded and downloaded correctly, therefore never overwritten.

Personally, I upload/download my save files on Cloud storage and overwrite the previous files, and this works like a charm. Do you upload all save files of Mordor to the storage? Maybe you have a few of them and you upload wrong one by mistake?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2021 at 9:00 AM, ArtoriusFrost said:

I think I know what's your problem. By default all games/apps are set to autoupload to cloud storage, so unless you disable autoupload for, in this case Shadow of Mordor, your save game gets automatically uploaded/overwritten on cloud storage as you close the game.

Select (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload], and then select the checkbox for each game with saved data you want to upload.

All your steps are correct and it should work after you disable autoupload!

On 27/05/2020 at 5:06 PM, JEDLander said:

That is all.

Seconded! This trophy took me almost as long as every trophy in base game combined?

It landed no. 3 on my rarest trophies list. While definitely not the hardest trophy I did by far, it is in top 5 of the most annoying trophies to get. Spent a week on it, while in actuality I did it from start to finish in last four hours.

Edited by depresso-cat
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I did this trophy yesterday, it was quite challenging. But when i know how to do riots it became a lot easier. At first i did warchiefs «long intro» missions, and i had no chance. When i finally made it i only used 3 cloud backups.

1. After getting intel for ugakuga around 1 munute mark.

2. After getting all intel on captains around 8 minute mark.

3. After killing all visible captain on the map around 22 minute mark.

from here i did not want to risk overwriting the save, and ending up failing at first try, and making it 39.04 by eating the warlord and his bodyguard at the final mission.

also, you can get free captain kills if they are in ambush or duel, i had 2 or 3 eliminated by just skipping time.

onto trial of the ring next.

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:28 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Meh, it's not that bad, the guide on the Xbox achievement site is very good and describes exactly how to approach it. You need to get a little bit lucky with spawns and missions, but if you get a good setup in the first 8-10 minutes, you're cruising. 

Setup:

- Scout out worms or captains as fast as you can and get intel on the warchief. Look for Ugakuga, he's the most useful because he has high health and low damage. If you don't find him quickly, you can just quit out and try again.

- When you find him, head for his mission and complete it. Hopefully you get one of the easy ones, and he shows up with only a small number of bodyguards.

- Defeat and brand him, do not kill him! Command him to Riot against one of the other warchiefs.

If you didn't finish all this in a good amount of time, you can quit and retry without investing the entire 40 minutes.

Payoff:

- Head for the riot mission; they only show up at 5-6 locations on the map, and each one has a graug bait nearby.

- Find and shoot the bait to summon the graug, and mount it.

- Use the graug to eat all the bodyguard captains first, and then the other warchief. The one exception is Zugor; if you try and leave him until last he'll likely kill you and your graug. Just eat him first, you'll be able to hunt down his bodyguards later.

- Once the riot is resolved, kill the graug, run over to Ugakuga and dominate him again. Command him to Riot against another warchief. Once he's no longer on your radar, press Down to head-explode all the other orcs for the points.

- Rinse and repeat until all warchiefs are down.

- If you haven't eaten 10 captains yet, command Ugakuga to riot against a regular captain and repeat this process.

- Once you've eaten 10 captains, you can advance time. This will promote a few captains to warchief and give them their own bodyguards so you don't have to hunt down one captain at a time.

If all goes according to plan, each riot will let you kill 1-5 captains/warchiefs, and you don't have to do any of the time-consuming missions to draw them out. I sent off Ugakuga with a final head explosion at 36:00, with points to spare.

Dude unless you get the right rng this trophy is not happening. I’ve ran it a solid  10 times and I do the steps to tea ☕️ I do the intels on all captins within 5:30-7:00 give and take anything above 7:00 minutes I restart.. once I do I immediately go grab a troll and start immediately heading to the spawns of all captins around the map triple checking my map to make sure I don’t miss a single captin once I get that done there’s 2-3 captins obviously I can’t get to with my troll so I manage to take them out super quick because if not it’s an obvious wipe due to time restraint! So once I do that and made sure I got my intel on the Warchief name starting with the letter U because I forget his name I make sure to brand him and start those riot encounters problem is no matter what I do whenever I face the warchief skag in the riot encounter I can’t do any damage to him at all with anything and there’s no grag bait no fire no blow ups nothing!! Every single time in there “riot encounter” so I’m forced to sitting there waiting for my orcs to kill him while I’m spamming up on D pad and they take anywhere from 4-5 minutes every time!! Which is what avoids me from getting this.. because I’m always between 41:38- 43:00 flat. So before you say it’s not all that bad make sure to throw out you need a ton of rng luck to go along with it. ?

• Like 1