Petition to rename Test of the Wild to Test of the Patience

10 hours ago, footballvillan56 said:

Dude unless you get the right rng this trophy is not happening. I’ve ran it a solid  10 times and I do the steps to tea ☕️ I do the intels on all captins within 5:30-7:00 give and take anything above 7:00 minutes I restart.. once I do I immediately go grab a troll and start immediately heading to the spawns of all captins around the map triple checking my map to make sure I don’t miss a single captin once I get that done there’s 2-3 captins obviously I can’t get to with my troll so I manage to take them out super quick because if not it’s an obvious wipe due to time restraint! So once I do that and made sure I got my intel on the Warchief name starting with the letter U because I forget his name I make sure to brand him and start those riot encounters problem is no matter what I do whenever I face the warchief skag in the riot encounter I can’t do any damage to him at all with anything and there’s no grag bait no fire no blow ups nothing!! Every single time in there “riot encounter” so I’m forced to sitting there waiting for my orcs to kill him while I’m spamming up on D pad and they take anywhere from 4-5 minutes every time!! Which is what avoids me from getting this.. because I’m always between 41:38- 43:00 flat. So before you say it’s not all that bad make sure to throw out you need a ton of rng luck to go along with it. ?

I dunno what to tell you, yeah there's a bit of RNG involved, that's why I specifically said you may need to try a few times to get a good start. Scout out the various places where the riots happen so you know where the Graug bait is. If you're coming that close without using the Graugs at all, you're probably a lot closer than you think!

• 1 month later...
On 12.5.2022 at 5:17 PM, footballvillan56 said:

Dude unless you get the right rng this trophy is not happening. I’ve ran it a solid  10 times and I do the steps to tea 2615.png I do the intels on all captins within 5:30-7:00 give and take anything above 7:00 minutes I restart.. once I do I immediately go grab a troll and start immediately heading to the spawns of all captins around the map triple checking my map to make sure I don’t miss a single captin once I get that done there’s 2-3 captins obviously I can’t get to with my troll so I manage to take them out super quick because if not it’s an obvious wipe due to time restraint! So once I do that and made sure I got my intel on the Warchief name starting with the letter U because I forget his name I make sure to brand him and start those riot encounters problem is no matter what I do whenever I face the warchief skag in the riot encounter I can’t do any damage to him at all with anything and there’s no grag bait no fire no blow ups nothing!! Every single time in there “riot encounter” so I’m forced to sitting there waiting for my orcs to kill him while I’m spamming up on D pad and they take anywhere from 4-5 minutes every time!! Which is what avoids me from getting this.. because I’m always between 41:38- 43:00 flat. So before you say it’s not all that bad make sure to throw out you need a ton of rng luck to go along with it. 1f44d.png

I agree wholeheartadly agree with the bolded part. Tried everything suggested here. And while I see that what you guys suggest is the best way to tackle this, it still doesn't work if the RNG decides to screw you over. I know that it will eventually happen to be if I keep at it. However if I already am using the correct approach and not failing because I'm not skilled enough, but because the RNG works against me, then this is just poor game design.

• 8 months later...

Just got this trophy. Huge piece of crap!

Some tips:

- I restarted until I got Intel for UKAGUGA on the first grunt/worm/npc orc, then saved (1min mark)

- I had the "reach the advantage point" mission for UKAGUGA, which is slower than 5kills mission, but I did it anyway

- Dominated UKAGUGA and done the first riot at 8-9min iirc

- starting here, save after every warchief kill / riot fight

- use graug bait at every location, except the bottom left of the map (here it is not worth I would say), use the map linked below for graug bait spots

- always kill off graugs with Circle button, kill a lot of grunts in the riot fights with slow mo headshots to get points, kill off all your "blue" grunts after sending away your UKAGUGA, with D-Pad-Down button, to get some points

- ZUGUR the beast master is too hard a lot of the time, so I recommend taking down his bodyguards in riots first, to make his fight easier (even though this will take more time)

MAP:

I ended with 38:58, and I had a lot of points, so if you follow above, points are easy

EDIT: Just did Trial of the Ring as well.

...in the trial of the ring you should really use a graug to kill all 12 Captains very easily and quickly (10-12 minutes max.)
It is best to have "BEAST HUNT" on the map to get a free graug, just restart till you get one. Restart, if you see you have a BEAST HUNT, summon and dominate your uruks to get intel on all 20 captains, then save, then use the graug to hunt all 12 of them down, then save.
Killing them with your sword is just so much harder

Edited by servus99

• 11 months later...

Yeah so this was a bit of a pain.  Wasn't really hard, just annoying.

Using the guide and setup laid out in here, combined with the save scumming method made it a lot easier.  Doing this 100% legit would be an absolute task.

By far the most annoying part was getting the 10 monster kills.  Sometimes I would accidentally eat my branded warchief or eat the opposing warchief instead of his bodyguards.  I also found early on that some of the warchiefs had 0 or only 1 bodyguard which obviously limits how many captains you can eat during a riot.  Advancing time seemed to help this a little.

It took me about 2 hours of mucking about to learn the graug bait locations and the best spots for the riots.  By far the best spot is Watcher's Landing as the bait will be in an archway directly above the head of one of the groups of orcs.  The second best was Celon Poros for the same reason.

For others reference, at 18:50 on the clock I've killed 3 of the warchiefs, have Ugakuga still branded and have killed 14 of the 20 captains.  I also have 9585 score so the rest of this should be a breeze from here.