8 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

FIFA 21? Never saw that coming.

ย 

7 minutes ago, Burgins said:

Oh thank God Madden 21 made the cut

ย 

6 minutes ago, NetoStyle said:

sports games 1f611.png1f611.png

In a world without sports, at least we can depend on our friends at EA to surprise, innovate, and deliverย ?

ย 

6 minutes ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

They can promise the world, and even offer backwards compatibility (which literally hasn't been officially meaningfully explained yet just vague stuff about close to a hundred games or some nonsense). But there will be little to no reason to buy a PS5 in the first year. Most people have plenty of games to still play on PS4

I'm very much with you. I hate how "backwards compatibility" has been a buzz word for ages and it isn't quite real, more like a half truth. It's like when "hover boards" came out a few years ago lol. If they had full compatibility I would probably buy it at release, but that's mostly because I have my original PS4 from launch and it's starting to get worn out with some damage and could use a replacementย -- but I totally am not through with my PS4 catalogue and expect toย get more mileage out of those titles in the first year or so of PS5.

• Like 4

Imma let you finish, but Gothic 1 is the best PC game of all times. The remake could be the best PS5 game of all times and still would not be able to capture the magic of playing the original back in the day, and it doesn't have to. I just hope they don't pull a Mafia II or butcher it in any way.

ย 

Also on board with not buying day/week/month one.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

This edition ofย Playstation Magazine UK has been making its wayย around. Here are 38 confirmed PS5 titles with a short description and an expected release timeframe.

ย 

ps5-games.png

ย 

Nice, definitely getting AC Valhalla, Quantum Error, and maybe Gods & Monsters. Dunno about the rest.ย 

5 minutes ago, Krove-34 said:

Add Call of duty 2020

ย The big question is whether it'll be one shared-console list, or two separate lists. My bet is two lists, like AW, BO3, and Ghosts.ย 

4 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Is this list to say these games will not come out on PS4?ย  Maybe it's a few will and a few won't kind of thing?ย  I was looking forward to Gods and Monsters, but have no intention of picking up a PS5 for quite a while after launch.

ย 

Chances are a lot of these, like FIFA and Madden,ย would be on both consoles. Hell, you know TLoU 2 will be on both. Same for Black Ops 5. PS4 hasn't approached EOL yet.ย 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

Is this list to say these games will not come out on PS4?ย  Maybe it's a few will and a few won't kind of thing?ย  I was looking forward to Gods and Monsters, but have no intention of picking up a PS5 for quite a while after launch.

Nope! I can't speak to that title, or most, but some will definitely be on PS4. EA Sports quite obviously will support bothย and I at least know AC Valhalla as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

ย 

Pretty sure all the EA games will also be on PS4.ย 
The list is just about that games that are going to be on PS5 and not about pointing out where the games are not going to be available

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about the Gollum game. I love LOTR but Gollum wouldn't be my first choice of character to play as.

ย 

Excited for Dying Light 2 and Elder Scrolls 6. Really liked Watch Dogs 2, but the trailer for Legion didn't grab me much. There's a few other interesting ones on the list but it'll probably be a couple of years at least until I get a PS5. There's still PS3 games I haven't got round to playing.ย ?

For those interested, the magazine can be read online for free here: https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/plt176.issuu_fe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Imma let you finish, but Gothic 1 is the best PC game of all times. The remake could be the best PS5 game of all times and still would not be able to capture the magic of playing the original back in the day, and it doesn't have to. I just hope they don't pull a Mafia II or butcher it in any way.

ย 

Also on board with not buying day/week/month one.

Ha! ย Great intro! ย ?

ย 

For someone who aspires to pickup a PS5 day one...this list is (somewhat)ย unflattering (so far). ย I will be more critical when the 1st party titles are officially announced. ย ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Context