38 Confirmed Playstation 5 Games

Ya_Boy_James

Not sure about Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU:PII (which likely are), but Dying Light 2 is a cross gen game.

Bluepoint Games' upcoming games, none of which are on that sheet and one recently rumored (4chan, ?) to be a Jak and Daxter trilogy re-imagining, are PS5 exclusives.

Edited by EcoShifter

If these were all launch titles i would buy day 1. Some belters (hopefully) in that list. 

As it stands i can hack away at the PS4 backlog for probs a year or so, casually wait for a slight price drop of the games and maybe, if im (very) lucky, the PS5 console itself. 

I was curious when Warframe was going to consider the leap, didn't think it would be so soon. Nice to see Dauntless keeping up with technology too. Wouldn't exactly call either game a PS5 highlight, though. Both are playable on PS4 (and in Dauntless's case, cross-platform) currently and are doing fine there.

2 hours ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

Here's the deal from a day 1 launch PS4 purchaser (who regretted it later, as I spent months looking for games to buy that weren't ports or fairly average indie games).

They can promise us the world, and even offer backwards compatibility (which literally hasn't been officially meaningfully explained yet, just vague stuff about close to a hundred games or some nonsense). But I believe there will be little to no reason to buy a PS5 in the first year. Most people (including myself) have plenty of games to still play on PS4. Hell, massive triple AAA PS4 games are releasing right up to the launch of PS5... so where is the motivation to hype on PS5?

Not to mention we really don't know how much COVID has impacted the PS5 launch. China manufacturing was heavily impacted this year, that's a FACT. We have also definitely heard stories that its development has not gone smooth. Will this result in a rushed product? Will there be issues/malfunctions to worry about on launch units? Where are the day 1 launch games hype? Things to think about.

I think in a year or so after launch there will be reasons to buy, but for now everything has been underwhelming so far news wise, and there isn't any plan for a killer apps coming at launch, BET. I mean in the past they would have delayed a game like TLOU2 for the PS5, to give a huge launch title starting sales boost. It's arguably the biggest Sony exclusive for this year.

This all comes from a HUGE sony games fan. And no, i'm not buying the xbox at launch either. I feel like so far, Sony has given us ZERO real reasons to care about the PS5 launch. And i'd love to be turned around on this and come to find out that there are going to be day 1 exclusive launch titles or some other "need" to update to a PS5 over the PS4 Pro I have now. But I am currently pressing X to doubt.

Sony confirmed most of the 4000+ games published on PS4 will work on PS5 straightaway. Those 100 games are the ones which will probably get a Frame rate boost alongside probably more pixels. 

I have attached the link to the blog post.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-details-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

Also I think they did not delay TLOU2 to be a launch title for PS5 because it was already announced for PS4. And considering the leaks, I am sure Sony would not have wanted that game as a launch title for the PS5 because reading the leaks, it does seem Naughty Dog messed up hard with that game and it already has brought plenty of grief to Sony by them going around copy-striking people. 

Let’s wait for the big blow out event supposedly happening next week for the PS5. If they show like SpiderMan2, God of War, HZD2, Silent Hills, Ratchet and Clank and other PS5 exclusives then it might persuade you to buy it sooner rather than later.

Edited by Noskillzpro407
Ended up with way too many replies
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Sony confirmed most of the 4000+ games published on PS4 will work on PS5 straightaway. Those 100 games are the ones which will probably get a Frame rate boost alongside probably more pixels. 

Unfortunately, I think you are mistaken. This is from the blog post you linked:

"Lastly, we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time."

Worse than I thought. Most of the top 100 most played games expected at launch, so not even all of them. I'm worried some games will never be made compatible with this outlook, i.e. a PS5 will never fully replace a PS4 unless you want to sacrifice some of your catalogue. I don't doubt that it's a sizable technological feat to translate these games but I also don't understand it, especially since I've been hearing "backwards compatibility" for years and years now.

I stand corrected! Missed the update to the blog, idk why I glazed right over that and read the original. Thank you @Noskillzpro407 and @TJ_Solo

Edited by Ya_Boy_James
Me and my big mouth

2 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

I don't doubt that it's a sizable technological feat to translate these games but I also don't understand it,

Ensuring a game can work on another console that has different architecture is always a difficult task and the problem lies more in with the games themselves and their coding than the console. And the SIE CEO hasn't uttered anything about BC aside from their disdain for it so it most certainly wasn't a feature they had been working on for years.

53 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

Unfortunately, I think you are mistaken. This is from the blog post you linked:

"Lastly, we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time."

Worse than I thought. Most of the top 100 most played games expected at launch, so not even all of them. I'm worried some games will never be made compatible with this outlook, i.e. a PS5 will never fully replace a PS4 unless you want to sacrifice some of your catalogue. I don't doubt that it's a sizable technological feat to translate these games but I also don't understand it, especially since I've been hearing "backwards compatibility" for years and years now.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-details-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

"UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5."

Cerny only talked about getting the top 100 PS4 games running in some boosted capacity on PS5. The goal is to get most of the 4000 PS4 working on PS5.

At launch or after launch you can easily decide for yourself if the PS5 completely replaces your PS4 or if it doesn't. I am going to be focusing on PS5 games and play BC PS4 titles whenever they interest me. I don't see a point in arguing library size as I won't play all games on PS4 now so I don't care if they are all on PS5.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I was curious when Warframe was going to consider the leap, didn't think it would be so soon. Nice to see Dauntless keeping up with technology too. Wouldn't exactly call either game a PS5 highlight, though. Both are playable on PS4 (and in Dauntless's case, cross-platform) currently and are doing fine there.

Will DE continue support for Warframe on PS4 or do you think they'll focus more of their resources on the PS5?  I can only take so many DLC trophy lists.  ?

Nothing that really justifies a day one purchase for me. Definitely going to be picking up the Switch around the holidays and I'm sure that'll keep me busy for a few years while I wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro with a bunch of games I actually want to play for a cheaper price.

4 hours ago, Astray404 said:

I've heard rumors about Demon's Souls Remake, so no more Soulsborne games? 1f644.png

FromSoftware is working on Elden Ring, which seems very much like a Soulsborne title. BluePoint is apparently working on a Tenchu remake, so I'm not so sure about seeing a Demon's Souls Remake any time soon.

3 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Will DE continue support for Warframe on PS4 or do you think they'll focus more of their resources on the PS5?  I can only take so many DLC trophy lists.  1f60b.png

I'd like to think they'd support the PS4 and 5 versions together, as the games will likely be the same on both with few differences besides cosmetics. Although, the early showing suggests they might be pushing for the 5 version as quickly as possible. There has been more and more demand for Warframe to become a cross-platform game, might even be the first steps towards that.

I never buy anything "Day 1" and never will. I'll likely never even buy a PS5 at all, especially if the games are going to be a continuance of the same old horseshit I've seen spewn across the PS4. Nothing but hot shit! My opinion, of course. To most others I'm assuming the PS4 and all its games are the "best ever".

9 hours ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

This edition of Playstation Magazine UK has been making its way around. Here are 38 confirmed PS5 titles with a short description and an expected release timeframe.

ps5-games.png

ES6 is the only thing on here I’m excited about, and I’d be stunned if it was a day 1 release. Probably going to hold off and work on ps4 backlog. 

I hope they'll keep supporting Warframe on Ps4, and also, that the Ps4 and Ps5 version of the game share a single trophy list, I think that some games did it on Ps3 and Ps4, like Destiny if I remember correctly? I play Warframe every now and then slowly working on 100%, would be amazing to keep doing that on Ps5.

5 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I hope they'll keep supporting Warframe on Ps4, and also, that the Ps4 and Ps5 version of the game share a single trophy list, I think that some games did it on Ps3 and Ps4, like Destiny if I remember correctly? I play Warframe every now and then slowly working on 100%, would be amazing to keep doing that on Ps5.

Original Destiny is still playable IIRC. Hell you can even still play Defiance.

I have like a stack of 50 untouched ps4 games, probably around another 40-50 not-yet-started in my digital only library, and another 60 or so games on my wishlist.

That doesnt even count the 20 or so ps3 titles I never got around to.  I'll be ready for ps5 when they start hyping ps6

It's worth noting that a lot of those confirmed also said 6-12 months.  Those aren't all launch titles, so... yeah... not super hyped anyway 

Edited by AJ_-_808

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I have like a stack of 50 untouched ps4 games, probably around another 40-50 not-yet-started in my digital only library, and another 60 or so games on my wishlist.

That doesnt even count the 20 or so ps3 titles I never got around to.  I'll be ready for ps5 when they start hyping ps6

It's worth noting that a lot of those confirmed also said 6-12 months.  Those aren't all launch titles, so... yeah... not super hyped anyway 

Same lol. 130 games to finish on PS3 and around 200 on PS4 XD. I will be done with them in about 5/6 years, just as they are gonna start working on PS6.

How can they put the sims 5 in a list of PS5 confirmed titles when EA/Maxis haven’t even officially announced a release for it ? If they are working on it right now it’ll be in very early development. Using that logic you can add pretty much any title to that list with a release of 12+ months ?

The only ones I’d be inclined to buy so far would be Valhalla and Dying Light 2. Id need to go by trailers etc to decide on some of the others