Food Trophy

I'm not 100% sure but I think the food items you spawn don't count for the trophy. I played hours spawning food and couldn't get it to work. Playing solo and farming food items from passive mobs and enemies worked for me. I think Creeper Woods is the best level for this. It took me about 6 runs to get the trophy.

• Like 2

My brother got the trophy using the food he was spawning with his armor. We played for 4 hours the day it came out and that's when he got it. We played for 5 hours yesterday and I was also using food spawning armor, but didn't get the trophy at all.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

Saw this comment from some of the Xbox players on TrueAchievements:

"Can confirm it only updates if you eat 20+ in one run, I've definitely eaten more than 20 items, probably closer to 60, but I only just got 10%.
Solo is also the way, as food drops are shared by all players, so you will end up eating less, even if more seem to spawn."

Pretty bizarre if you ask me, but here is a great example for hoping the PS5 has trophy tracking. At l least gives you some insight into wonky trophies if they are buggy or behave slightly different than what is stated in the description.

• Like 2

Yeah it seems to be bugged. Especially with how much time I've had the food armour on.

Although might be worth noting, over on the Xbox side where they have progress trackers it only seems to update the count if you get 20 in a round which is odd.

• Like 1

Just got my platinum yesterday, took me a good 2 hours of using the 3 food Armour and farming mobs. My guess is that there is some type of cooldown after each food item that you eat. I think I ate around 400 lol

Edited by epicman5324

2 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

Finalmente consegui isso. Acabei equipando uma armadura que gera comida e fiquei sentado no início de um nível que gerou comida até atingir 200. Continuei contando e o troféu apareceu assim que atingi 200, então é como se o jogo limpasse todo o progresso das corridas anteriores. 

It worked here thanks for the tip.

Ugh. In one level that's got to be a mistake on the devs part. None of the other trophies even look remotely like they need to be done in one setting and barring using armor to essentially force the situation how would you even do this? It took me half the game killing every animal I saw just to get to 50 animals and half don't even drop food....

But thanks for the tip. Maybe they will patch it soon and it won't be an issue anymore.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-28 at 5:24 PM, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

Finally got this. I ended up equipping armor that spawns food and sat at the beginning of a level spawning food until I hit 200. I kept count and the trophy popped once I hit 200 so it's like the game wiped all progress from previous runs. 

Can confirm this works. Although mine only took 180 to pop (guessing my first playthrough of that map recorded 20). Assuming you're quick to hit L1 + lvl 3 food armour should only take an hour as its 3 per 45 sec.

Tried dropping and eating 250 food at the star of a level using the armour and still did not pop the trophy so I completed the mission anyway getting more food along the way and still no trophy. I was playing in offline couch co-op mode with one other controller also spawning food so I could get 6 food every 45 seconds. Perhaps it needs to be done in an online mode game?

I finally got it with the foods perk while playing with my friend. You don't have to eat 200 in one level.

The best way to do it if you have a friend:

1- Both get an armor with the foods perk.

2- Go to a level with pools of lava around

3- Both use a potion, player 1 will eat them, now player 1 jump in the lava while player 2 wait beside, player 1 will die in seconds and spawn right under player 2, now player 2 quickly revive player 1 and player 2  jump in the lava while player 1 use his potion and wait to revive player 2. Repeat that until the trophy pop. Took us about 5 minutes for my friend to get the trophy.

OK. So I just verified this trophy is doable solo. Steps to get the trophy involved the following:

1) Started game up and loaded character with armor giving 3 food/healing potion usage

2) Started local offline game with just the one character. Stayed at camp

3) Started using Healing Potions to produce 3 food. 

4) Ate food each time

5) I started tracking numbers late and probably missed a few times, but after recording 50 healing potion uses and eating the food from them I got the trophy. 

So good luck. Judging from what I would consider a high percentage (2.1% of everyone for the rarest non platinum trophy) I would say a lot of people got this through normal gameplay and didn't grind it out.

Is there anyone who unlocked this trophy as p2 in local co-op? I can’t unlock it with gf, though this will be her first plat.

EDIT: Nevermind, trophy popped up for her after restarting the game. It’s same like “Saved the Overworld” trophy.

Edited by Crownell_
Additional info

We roamed about looking for the secret runes so we have equipped armor with Enchantment that generates 3 food whenever Potion is used. We let one person eat all the food until the trophy pops and switch to next player. Doing this way, you can get all 4 players 200 food requirement met within 2 levels if you take your time exploring like we were.

The way which worked for me was,

Playing offline 

Having the armour that gave you 3 food items once activating your heal position.

Then going through the first level (Creeper's Woods) and finishing it all the way to the end near the exit door (this will mean you'll have a good chunk of foods consumed already and repeatedly activation your armour.

• Like 1