Trophy thoughts?

Thephoenixshow

Ive been excited for this, will probably pick it up as I have some credit left over. Hopefully a couple of fun playthroughs. Glad there is no 'beat the game without dying in less that 5 seconds' BS, as there is with a lot of these types of games.

Three playthroughs unless you back up a save. You have to finish with saving everyone, killing everyone, and at least one of either (so all save but one kill).

Takes about 8-10 hours per playthrough, probably faster when you know what you're doing though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DefinitiveTJ said:

Looks like two playthroughs yes. Saw the stream on playstation acces and it looks cool but I wonder how long the game is.

If the game is an hour I don’t care. I’m still going to play it. There is way too much emphasis on play time now and we end up with bloat filled crap

I published my full review here, if anyone is interested: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/those-who-remain-ps4-review/

The game does have its flaws, and it's not the most smooth game as of today, but there should be some performance patches soon. took me about 10 hours to complete on my first go, if you remove the time spent when I was lost and had no idea what to do! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Radford999 said:

How do i get the good ending?

I just assumed you had to forgive everyone and save the people you meet throughout the game. Obviously not as i got the bad ending lol. Any ideas? 

I have the exact same issue. All trophies achieved (91 %), good ending is bugged out. You did nothing wrong, the good ending actually requires to forgive everyone and not kill anyone - so you did fine. I read on Steam a post of the developers which says they're already working on a patch for this issue. Hope they hurry up xD ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

I have the exact same issue. All trophies achieved (91 %), good ending is bugged out. You did nothing wrong, the good ending actually requires to forgive everyone and not kill anyone - so you did fine. I read on Steam a post of the developers which says they're already working on a patch for this issue. Hope they hurry up xD ...

I finally got it. I deleted my save game data and the game itself and reinstalled it and then went for the good ending and got it no problem. I asked someone else who got the trophy and he did it on his first playthrough. Maybe the game bugs out when you get another ending first. Maybe the game counts one of the deaths in the bad ending and nightmare ending and carries over to another playthrough. 

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Thalia88 said:

Can I get the nightmare ending trophy and the bad ending trophy on the same playthrough? 

No, unfortunately not. For the nightmare ending, you have to kill and condemn everyone. But for the bad ending, you need to condemn all exept one of your choice. Due to no checkpoint at the required part of the game, you'll need 3 runs for completition.

12 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I finally got it. I deleted my save game data and the game itself and reinstalled it and then went for the good ending and got it no problem. I asked someone else who got the trophy and he did it on his first playthrough. Maybe the game bugs out when you get another ending first. Maybe the game counts one of the deaths in the bad ending and nightmare ending and carries over to another playthrough. 

Yeah, you're right. It worked for me, too. Ty so much, there is literaly nothing to find to get to know that so thank you so much ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

No, unfortunately not. For the nightmare ending, you have to kill and condemn everyone. But for the bad ending, you need to condemn all exept one of your choice. Due to no checkpoint at the required part of the game, you'll need 3 runs for completition.

Yeah, you're right. It worked for me, too. Ty so much, there is literaly nothing to find to get to know that so thank you so much 1f604.png

No problem.

For anyone that is just starting to play this. Go for the good ending first. The game requires 3 playthroughs but the game is pretty short when you know what to do. My last playthrough took me 1 hour 30 minutes. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the tip saying go for good ending first. I did that and all trophies and plat unlocked perfectly when they should no problems. 👍

Starting this game even in the first like 15-20 mins I was starting to get frustrated, just even the like first area the farm I was adamant I had looked round everywhere I was like what do you want from me game lol had to quickly look it up, turns out it was just a key in a dark drawer in a barn, I hadnt even noticed the drawers in the dark shadowy corner. After I had learnt how the game thinks and its usual hiding spots like check every drawer, look at every little detail in the environments, and to be evil sometimes even pick up and look under every box... then I was able to plod along through the game, and ended up thinking it was actually quite good. 3 playthroughs felt a bit much but like people have said once you've learnt how to get through all the areas, you fly through the 2nd and 3rd playthrough. Glad I stuck with it, enjoyed it in the end. Total blind plat time was 9 hours.