List of Games to Award Avatars for Obtaining the Platinum.

MiloFPS

I don’t have time to build one long list but I was wondering if anyone knew of some games that do. 

I know FIFA 20 and many more recent Sony games award platinum avatars (although I never received an avatar email for my Horizon ZD and Spider Man platinums). 

Thanks.

• Like 1

I only know a few, most Ps exclusives.

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, CoD WW2, Horizon zero dawn and The last guardian give you a theme for the platinum.

Parappa the rapper, Spiderman, and God of war gives you an avatar set.

I heard that Kingdom Hearts 3 also gives you an avatar, or a theme, don't know for sure

Back in the ps3, Final fantasy Xlll would give you some themes for certain trophies as well

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 1

I never heard of It! Can someone explain How It works? Do I have to email Sony to receive the avatars/themes once I have the platinum for those games? Does the account need to be from a specific country/region to be able to claim the rewards? Now I want the Bloodborne theme.

Edited by GravityQueeen

27 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I never heard of It! Can someone explain How It works? Do I have to email Sony to receive the avatars/themes once I have the platinum for those games? Does the account need to be from a specific country/region to be able to claim the rewards? Now I want the Bloodborne theme.

I've never heard of this either and I must have this Bloodborne theme too.

27 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

lol, you just need to get the platinum, then sony will send you an email with a code for the theme or avatar so you can claim, don't know if region matters tho. Some games like Uncharted 4 and God of war automatically gives you the platinum reward, so just check your avatars and themes if you got the plat for those

On 28/05/2020 at 2:15 PM, GravityQueeen said:

well, your account  needs to be from U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec)

We have these awards so far:

• Bloodborne Platinum Trophy Theme
  • Call of Duty: WWII Platinum Trophy Theme
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Platinum Trophy Theme and Avatar
  • The Last Guardian Platinum Trophy Theme
  • PaRappa The Rapper Platinum Trophy Avatar Set
  • God of War Platinum Trophy Character Avatar Set**available to LATAM and Brazil customers who meet the qualifying terms. (thnks to @GravityQueeen for lmk)
  • Spider-Man Platinum Trophy Avatar
  • Days Gone End of Game Trophy Avatar
  • Days Gone Platinum Trophy Theme

source: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/platinum-trophy-reward-terms-and-conditions/

Edited by Ryudi1998
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ryudi1998 said:

well, your account  needs to be from U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec)

I had a feeling It wasnt available in ALL regions because I platted Bloodborne twice, one with this account and with my last one, both are Brazilian.

I have a NA psn account, mainly used to download F2P and testing games, might be worth it platting It again for a cool theme. 

Anybody here with the Bloodborne theme screenshot?

Edit: found videos of It.

But sadly the theme doesnt have a cool Bloodborne music:

Edit 2: thank you very much @Ryudi1998, and I read in the page you linked that at least the God of War rewards are available to Brazilian players.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

If you've never gotten an e-mail for these, I believe you need to change your notification settings. You can then just e-mail Sony about what you've platinumed but never received and they'll send them all to you at once.

My friend got Spiderman (2018) platinum like a year ago and never received an email. He contacted support about it and they said the only way they can fix the problem is if he gives them a call (seriously no live chat or smt?) even though they don't live on the same continent. He would also have to give them the serial number of his console and some other nonsense like that lmao. So yeah, it's definitely not that simple.

Edited by Amonares

I wish they had avatars rewarded for players who had to go through a brutally hard game, such as Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus because of Mein Leben.

Call of Duty: WWII and The Last Guardian are the only worthwhile ones, notably of their Ultra Rare status on PSNProfiles. God of War 2018 and Marvel's Spider-Man are far too common, plus those avatar images are too generic looking.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Final Fantasy 7 Remake gives 3 avatar packs for 21 total. First pack is for playing the game for the first time/ making progress in it - kinda vague on the details. Second pack is for beating the final chapter. Third pack is for getting the Platinum. 

Sony's reward emails are hit or miss. I got GoW, SM, HZD but had to contact support about all 3 FF7R rewards. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I wish they had avatars rewarded for players who had to go through a brutally hard game, such as Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus because of Mein Leben.

Call of Duty: WWII and The Last Guardian are the only worthwhile ones, notably of their Ultra Rare status on PSNProfiles. God of War 2018 and Marvel's Spider-Man are far too common, plus those avatar images are too generic looking.

I wish they went with the original proposal. Way back at the start of the PSN, the idea was all your trophies would become selectable profile avatars. But then they A. Realize the bubblegum holding the network together couldn't take it and B. They could just sell JPEGs for a buck each and people would buy them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

I wish they went with the original proposal. Way back at the start of the PSN, the idea was all your trophies would become selectable profile avatars. But then they A. Realize the bubblegum holding the network together couldn't take it and B. They could just sell JPEGs for a buck each and people would buy them.

This was 2006 - 2008, when games didn’t have near the multiplayer capabilities they do now. 

The network is a lot more sophisticated. In 2011 I thought Sony was really going to suffer from the PSN shutdown but they made a recovery. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...