Trophy Thoughts?

I didn't even know this game existed!

Excited to play it, less excited to play through multiple times for the platinum. Really hoping they don't do the same kind of DLC they did for Half-Genie Hero, where you need another 5-10 playthroughs to get to 100%.

Edit: Also I just noticed Half-Genie Hero and Half-Genie Hero Ultimate have two entirely different trophy lists?! If that's the case, I'll just wait for Seven Sirens Ultimate I guess.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin

Ugh, this is Pirate's Curse all over again, requiring you to do a two-heart run. :(

And since it looks like there is going to be a lot more content, they'd better make it under six hours for the 100% speedrun because I will never be able to get the platinum if I have to get all forms, card and secrets in under four hours without a guide.

Inner Child: "Maybe you should platinum Pirate's Curse then. I know the no-damage run of the final boss's final form is almost impossible but you can do this in Pirate Mode."

*groan* *facepalm* Stupid inner child. :(

Edited by Rune_Crys

I hope they're a bit lenient with the the speedrun time for the 100% competition. Those cards are pure RNG. 

The no heart upgrades playthrough shouldn't be too bad. You can close to Max out your character very early on with little to no grinding for gems. The spinning blades around you combined with magic regen just makes the whole thing easy mode 

The trophy to avoid spooking lobster girl seems obnoxious. She'll pop up in very specific windows and you just have to avoid not getting close and startling her. I've accidentally done it twice so far and have no intention of loading an old save to try again.

I'll have to see the time thresholds for the speed run trophies too.

If you can hold on a few weeks anyone interested, im working on a optimal platinum walkthrough for this.

So far im going to say it will save at you at least 10-20hours and will reduce the difficulty a lot.

Just debating at the mo whether to do a text version as well as my vid......

Great game btw xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

If you can hold on a few weeks anyone interested, im working on a optimal platinum walkthrough for this.

So far im going to say it will save at you at least 10-20hours and will reduce the difficulty a lot.

Just debating at the mo whether to do a text version as well as my vid......

Great game btw xD

Just finished your Hollow Knight guide a week ago and got the plat. Same goes for your Salt and Santuary guide which helped me get the plat quickly on the PS4. Doing the plat over on the VITA currently.

So I trust your guides. Will be waiting. Won't buy it until your guide is done. :lol::lol: 

1 hour ago, Mouton33 said:

they always add DLC with speed run's 100% collectibles , with 3 hearth ( no upgrade's) so you is sure the 100% for this game is hard in the future. 

Maybe m8, but at present this is what we have, so lets have some fun ;)

56 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Just finished your Hollow Knight guide a week ago and got the plat. Same goes for your Salt and Santuary guide which helped me get the plat quickly on the PS4. Doing the plat over on the VITA currently.

So I trust your guides. Will be waiting. Won't buy it until your guide is done. :lol::lol: 

Yea I saw m8, well done on those, great games, and thanks for the mention of course, always appreciated!!

I'll deliver on this, much simpler than HK and S&S, shouldn't be to bad on my end, you know, optimising, experimenting, strategising, all that fun stuff xD!

The game is still as great as those others, although nothing will likely touch HK, well until Silksong is released ;)

HK is just crazy at it's value/quality/gameplay

Edited by Optinooby

For those wondering on speedrun times:

Any% possibly 3hr 30min and under

PS-Messages-20200529-090056.jpg

100% possibly 4hr 45min and under - 5hr and under

PS-Messages-20200529-090101.jpg

Neither of these runs were optimized but, I wouldn't think there'd be that much more leeway.

In regards to the cards. Cards do not count towards your profile % secondly, for the collection trophy you only need 1 of ever card (you don't need to hit requirement to 'use' a card)

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dreggit said:

For those wondering on speedrun times:

Any% possibly 3hr 30min and under

PS-Messages-20200529-090056.jpg

100% possibly 4hr 45min and under - 5hr and under

PS-Messages-20200529-090101.jpg

Neither of these runs were optimized but, I wouldn't think there'd be that much more leeway.

In regards to the cards. Cards do not count towards your profile % secondly, for the collection trophy you only need 1 of ever card (you don't need to hit requirement to 'use' a card)

Congratz mate have hint for 

Sight Unseen
Avoid startling the Lobster Girl throughout the adventure

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx mate where is the first encounter? i'm at the beginning after the first boss. 

If by first boss, you mean the first siren and dungeon, then you already should have encountered her once; Lobster girl is in the background looking in through the window on various screens. Look at the trophy image, and that's what Lobster girl looks like.

50 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

If by first boss, you mean the first siren and dungeon, then you already should have encountered her once; Lobster girl is in the background looking in through the window on various screens. Look at the trophy image, and that's what Lobster girl looks like.

Ah ok i see a girl in the window, i lost the trophies? i run in this section