Trophy Thoughts?

It seems like the 100% speedrun might be a pain in the ass since the map doesn’t mark items that you see but cannot get yet. I never understand when Metroidvanias don’t have this feature.

good game so far though, that being said I think they could have upped the difficulty a bit.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:48 AM, Mouton33 said:

they always add DLC with speed run's 100% collectibles , with 3 hearth ( no upgrade's) so you is sure the 100% for this game is hard in the future. 

False information. Only one game in the entire series has DLC, and that's Shantae ½ Genie Hero, which is solely because the game and its DLC was crowdfunded. It's two hearts.

---

Also need to point out that the developers said there are no plans of DLC for Seven Sirens.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:22 PM, GrumpyFelo said:

Like any other shantae game, looks easy, the difficult ones are gonna be the speedruns. Shouldnt be that bad imo

Except most Shantae games are fairly difficult. The only one not as difficult is the installment preceding Seven Sirens, which is because it's not a traditional Shantae game. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Just crawl past her screens; she won't startle that way.

14 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx mate i hate this type of trophies 

She can still startle if you crawl even, its reliant on proximity.

I had a little play with it today, will further play endgame, but whatever I did, she would STILL startle if I got within a certain proximity to her.

If we imagine Shantae is 5ft, I would say 10ft proximity is the danger area.

Thing is @KyonKuchiki, the room you were in, crawling just pushed you out of that proximity. This is useful tip for some rooms and likely one of the ways you avoid her in such a room, but it isn't a surefire way as some rooms you are to close that crawling wont work.

Save often everyone and STAY AWAY from the Lobster Girl and you should be ok. Reload if needed, I'll get something done for this to help once I get the game done, routes optimised then I will stat putting stuff together ;)

I've always appreciated the quality of trophy images in the Shantae games. This list is no exception.

Based on what you guys are saying, this is harder than HGH but easier than Pirate's Curse? I might wait for all the DLC to be released before buying. We'll see.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I've always appreciated the quality of trophy images in the Shantae games. This list is no exception.

Based on what you guys are saying, this is harder than HGH but easier than Pirate's Curse? I might wait for all the DLC to be released before buying. We'll see.

Will you make more Shantae milestones?! If so, what trophy or trophies would you choose?

I would pick "Dangerous Dances". Or the platinum, It looks great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GravityQueeen said:

Will you make more Shantae milestones?! If so, what trophy or trophies would you choose?

I would pick "Dangerous Dances". Or the platinum, It looks great.

Shantae games do dominate my milestones. ?

I'm actually a little sad there are none of Rottytops. I'll probably just go for the platinum. I'm still mad at myself for not doing that with Pirate's Curse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Shantae games do dominate my milestones. 1f602.png

I'm actually a little sad there are none of Rottytops. I'll probably just go for the platinum. I'm still mad at myself for not doing that with Pirate's Curse.

Personally I couldnt make a milestones from Pirates Curse either because I wanted to have all Shantae games done, couldnt wait. I think I will just play It, too, and have a good time. 

I love your "Dance through the danger" milestone! I remember that I had to pass on that because you had It already, I mean, you inspired me to play Shantae, and inspired me with Shantae milestones and all, I would feel bad "copying" a milestone of yours! Haha

Let's Just play this baby Lol

Almost forgot: What about Mighty Switch Force? I wonder If this one needs to be added in the Shantae series as a no stage game. What do you guys think?

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

Wayforward confirms nothing is missable by way of collectibles (Though Sight Unseen is still missable)l as are speedrun screens)

Anything that would be missed due to a game altering event will be relocated elsewhere

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

She can still startle if you crawl even, its reliant on proximity.

I had a little play with it today, will further play endgame, but whatever I did, she would STILL startle if I got within a certain proximity to her.

If we imagine Shantae is 5ft, I would say 10ft proximity is the danger area.

Thing is @KyonKuchiki, the room you were in, crawling just pushed you out of that proximity. This is useful tip for some rooms and likely one of the ways you avoid her in such a room, but it isn't a surefire way as some rooms you are to close that crawling wont work.

Save often everyone and STAY AWAY from the Lobster Girl and you should be ok. Reload if needed, I'll get something done for this to help once I get the game done, routes optimised then I will stat putting stuff together ;)

You're over complicating it. You can pass the rooms crawling as though they're "red light, green light" games like so

Guys for this trophies?

Sheer Perfection?
Revitalize cellular functions.

Refreshing Rewards
Turn an enemy to an ally by helping them heal

Slime Time
Witness every magical outcome with Slimes.

It's Electrifying!
Shock a circus squid.

Hidden Treasure
Dig up a treasure.

Thx

4 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Guys for this trophies?

Sheer Perfection?
Revitalize cellular functions.

Refreshing Rewards
Turn an enemy to an ally by helping them heal

Slime Time
Witness every magical outcome with Slimes.

It's Electrifying!
Shock a circus squid.

Hidden Treasure
Dig up a treasure.

Thx

Sheer Perfection? - Use Refresh on a Rag and Bones (the mummy enemies)

Refreshing Rewards - Use Refresh on a Sickly Silverfish (the yellow enemies that crawl up and down walls and shoot at you)

Slime Time - Every time you hit a Slime, they change color, between purple, green, yellow, and red. Using the magic that corresponds to that color (Seer, Refresh, Spark, and Quake) will defeat it instantly. Use all 4 magic spells to defeat a Slime.

It's Electrifying! - Use Spark on a Circus Squid (the enemies that swing between poles)

Hidden Treasure - There's hidden statues throughout the map that can be unearthed with Quake. You just need to unearth one for this trophy, although there is another trophy for getting them all. Here is a map of all the game's collectibles, including the statues.

And here's a guide on where you can find specific enemies for the enemy-related trophies.

24 minutes ago, Yoosurnaym said:

Hidden Treasure - There's hidden statues throughout the map that can be unearthed with Quake. You just need to unearth one for this trophy, although there is another trophy for getting them all. Here is a map of all the game's collectibles, including the statues.

Hidden Treasure. Is it statues, did you have it pop on those? I thought it was the treasure beneath the sand dunes that get blown away.......

Also whats the trophy for statues??? I see one for all secrets, but its is already known that 'statues' are classes as the secrets or 'part' of the secrets....???

EDIT:

Hidden Treasure looks story related. I was unsure of a statue being classes as treasure, but let's looking at trophy percentage, I think you get it when you dig up the Rod parts

Edited by Optinooby

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hidden Treasure. Is it statues, did you have it pop on those? I thought it was the treasure beneath the sand dunes that get blown away.......

Also whats the trophy for statues??? I see one for all secrets, but its is already known that 'statues' are classes as the secrets or 'part' of the secrets....???

EDIT:

Hidden Treasure looks story related. I was unsure of a statue being classes as treasure, but let's looking at trophy percentage, I think you get it when you dig up the Rod parts

I got Hidden Treasure upon unearthing the first statue, but that was before getting the rod, so maybe that can pop it too? And I got Ancient Discoveries for unearthing all the statues, which was before I got all the nuggets and heart squids.

1 hour ago, Yoosurnaym said:

I got Hidden Treasure upon unearthing the first statue, but that was before getting the rod, so maybe that can pop it too? And I got Ancient Discoveries for unearthing all the statues, which was before I got all the nuggets and heart squids.

Ah great, thanks for that valuable info ;)

Basically gotta collect almost EVERYTHING then for platinum

12 hours ago, Yoosurnaym said:

Sheer Perfection? - Use Refresh on a Rag and Bones (the mummy enemies)

Refreshing Rewards - Use Refresh on a Sickly Silverfish (the yellow enemies that crawl up and down walls and shoot at you)

Slime Time - Every time you hit a Slime, they change color, between purple, green, yellow, and red. Using the magic that corresponds to that color (Seer, Refresh, Spark, and Quake) will defeat it instantly. Use all 4 magic spells to defeat a Slime.

It's Electrifying! - Use Spark on a Circus Squid (the enemies that swing between poles)

And here's a guide on where you can find specific enemies for the enemy-related trophies.

You are the man, thx a lot mate

21 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

You are the man, thx a lot mate

You also asked for a 100% run and 3 heart run m8. I'll have a optimal run of those up tomorrow, perhaps 24 hrs from now as the first of my Shantae vids. I'll give the EXACT time limits for the speedrun requirements in those and my other optimal vids/guides will follow.

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

You also asked for a 100% run and 3 heart run m8. I'll have a optimal run of those up tomorrow, perhaps 24 hrs from now as the first of my Shantae vids. I'll give the EXACT time limits for the speedrun requirements in those and my other optimal vids/guides will follow.

Great wait your video, 3 heart run is my first run is easy with lots of foods etc.. 100% speed run is the thing i think all needed :D

21 hours ago, Yoosurnaym said:

Sorry m8, just gotta ask as well regarding ANCIENT DISCOVERIES.....

Are flowers needed for it as well, do you remember if you had any flowers remaining when the trophy popped??

Im just curious as you get the same discover animation on flowers and statues and just curious if that os because they are both classed for the trophy......

Thanks m8

Edited by Optinooby

Can anybody confirm what actually counts towards the 100%? I know the cards do not, and obviously the hearts do. 

what about upgrades? Statues? Nuggets? Etc

im trying to knock out both speed run trophies + the 3 hearts trophies in one go

Edited by NashtyMouse

Hello, 

Nuggets and hearts count toward 100%, no need to find statues or to purchase upgrades. 

The easiest way to get all these trophies in one go is to aim any% speed run first (with 3 hearts ofc) and continue on the same save after the final boss, you'll have more than 2 hours to find everything. 

In fact you can easily get all the trophies with a single playthrough. 

Good luck for your Plat :)

53 minutes ago, Dounew said:

Hello, 

Nuggets and hearts count toward 100%, no need to find statues or to purchase upgrades. 

The easiest way to get all these trophies in one go is to aim any% speed run first (with 3 hearts ofc) and continue on the same save after the final boss, you'll have more than 2 hours to find everything. 

In fact you can easily get all the trophies with a single playthrough. 

Good luck for your Plat :)

Thanks for the info!

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Sorry m8, just gotta ask as well regarding ANCIENT DISCOVERIES.....

Are flowers needed for it as well, do you remember if you had any flowers remaining when the trophy popped??

Im just curious as you get the same discover animation on flowers and statues and just curious if that os because they are both classed for the trophy......

Thanks m8

I'll be honest, I don't remember if I still had flowers remaining when I got it. I want to say I hadn't gotten all the flowers yet but I can't say that with 100% confidence.

1 hour ago, Yoosurnaym said:

I'll be honest, I don't remember if I still had flowers remaining when I got it. I want to say I hadn't gotten all the flowers yet but I can't say that with 100% confidence.

Thanks for the reply m8

Since posting that i've been thinking about it, and although no 100% confirmation, seems to just be statues:

The devs said NOTHING is missable (not sure if they mean hearts/nuggets only), but 1 flower IS missable so maybe it isnt needed.....

Also, the trophy just states 'unearth', in the flowers case, they are just refreshed right, but the statues are sort of 'unearthed' I guess!

I was just curious as you get the same animation from reviving a flower as when you reveal a statue, maybe its just paranoia on my part, just nice to be certain though ;)

I cant test stuff properly yet as im on Switch, UK PS4 isnt up yet ;(

Edited by Optinooby