Trophy Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for the reply m8

Since posting that i've been thinking about it, and although no 100% confirmation, seems to just be statues:

The devs said NOTHING is missable (not sure if they mean hearts/nuggets only), but 1 flower IS missable so maybe it isnt needed.....

Also, the trophy just states 'unearth', in the flowers case, they are just refreshed right, but the statues are sort of 'unearthed' I guess!

I was just curious as you get the same animation from reviving a flower as when you reveal a statue, maybe its just paranoia on my part, just nice to be certain though ;)

I cant test stuff properly yet as im on Switch, UK PS4 isnt up yet ;(

Can confirm that the flowers aren't needed for the ancient discoveries trophy. I'd already unlocked the trophy for unearthing all the statues when I went on my hunt for my final gold nugget during my 100% speedrun. Turns out I had completely missed a flower at the very top of Deep Sea Domain. 

I've started on trophy guides guys, will take a few days though before submitted though as wanna get Maps/Vids done to go with.

Reference 100% run, I got a run down where we get 37/39 trophies in 3:20:00, will probably add that today as am editing that first as it seems to be the one most needed at the mo ;)

• Like 1

There's a 100% run available on youtube from the iPad version. I followed that for my 100% run (and actually did a few things differently when I saw the runner being an idiot or being inefiicient). I ended up with 3:04. in NG+ mode with 3 hearts and without startling the lobster girl. 

I did already have everything else from a separate, no guide save (other than a map for the damn statues). 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, FlareZero said:

Speed run,,,, meh....... can't wait for my Phisical copy, great game, but this trophy list is awful with that speed run trophy again......

You'll just have to accept that WayForward wants you to do a 100% speedrun so that you can become one of the new speedrunners at GDQ. xD I gave up on a Shantae game skipping the 100% speedrun trophies. :P

I have had a bit of a change of heart with this game after playing it a bit on the Switch and will buy it but I have another game to platinum before then.

• 1 year later...

Considering that people are coming here for PS5 trophy thoughts:

If this is anything like other Shantae games, the speedrun trophies are actually incredibly generous. Two playthroughs are almost always enough; one where you do all the optional stuff, and one 100% speedrun to get all the win screens. The game itself is usually pretty easy, and the new game modes make it extremely easy.