Increase in hacking/cheating players

I've been playing Resistance almost since launch, and despite various issues with the game in terms of balance, I continue to enjoy this game.

That being said however what I can't stand is the increase in hacking and/or cheating.

I have clear video saved of two instances that of strange shenanigans happening, one of a Mastermind and one of a survivor. 

In the Mastermind instance it was strange.

The Mastermind, playing a moderately ranked Daniel Fabron, did very little through the entire match until the end.

At the end after I set the final door countdown to open, they spawned Mr.X and just stood there doing nothing.

When the door countdown finished, as soon as the 'final exit open' message popped up, the clock went from about 12 minutes straight into 'overtime' 0.

Only two out four of us escaped.

May of been a glitch, but seemed way too convenient, especially since they was no signs of lag.

In the Survivor instance I had a hacking Samuel while playing as Alex.

High rank survivor team, not much happened until the last card device in area two.

I had blocked the path with Yatevo and successfully devoured the Sam and another player who picked up the key card before exploding.

The team has less that a minute to use they key, all the while two survivors have level 3 infection and coughing.

As i'm spawning out and returning to the camera view the Sam player rushes in, picks up the card and teleport/glides across to the nearby terminal and starts using it.

Ironically enough the Sam player cost the team the match by getting attacked an ivy I placed while he was using the key. 

What made me initially suspicious of the Samuel player was that they kept standing in place periodically doing nothing.

It couldn't be poor connection on his end because repeatedly successfully barged doors and killed my creatures.

I tried looking up the player afterward and the player with the same name had everything set to private and strangely no PS+.

There was also several other suggested users with the same name, written the same way but with different numbers at the end, suggesting possible 'burner accounts'. 

There have been other instances but not ones clear enough that I could definitively call hacking/cheating. i.e.

Spencer/Nicholai's who seem to have too many turrets outs for the amount of bio-energy they would have to use.

Players, particularly Valarie's, throwing an obscene amount of grenades. 

Low rank masterminds spawning large amounts of creatures for the amount of bio--energy they would have.

Time suddenly dropping quickly from nowhere.

These examples can possibly be explained with specific build set-ups.

But my two examples show something is amiss.

I still have the video saved from my PS4's share function if people wanted to see the proof.

They are both kinda long but it would be best to see the full context leading up the supposed hacking/cheating.

I'm not sure the best place/way to upload them.

I know its easier to hack and change things with the PC version compared the PS4 version, but its not impossible.

Have any of you other players seen anything strange that could be the result of hacking/cheating?

Edited by objectioner
Grammer

So far the only thing i have noticed is some lag on the third area when the MM is losing, but that's rarely these days at least on my end. Spawning too many Lickers can make players disconnect, receive a huge amount of lag or heavy drops on fps.The same thing happens on PC but even worse as players can disconnect there if they use the flamethrower. Resistance is poorly optimized on both console and PC and i suspect some of the MM are even unaware of those things. A few days ago i fought a high level Annette who did not spawn too many Lickers on the third stage. Probably because they are aware of this game issues and wanted to continue playing.

• Like 1

The thing you mentioned with the timer suddenly going into Overtime is a bug that can happen on any version of the game, it is also a hack but this can definitely happen on console as the game's director has confirmed it on his twitter, you can see this video for proof and then if you check the replies you will see the director saying it's a bug:

Now for the Samuel situation I would assume that it's some lag, if you've been playing since around the time it was released then you must know how laggy this game can be for both sides. Players teleporting out of nowhere is common, doesn't matter if you're the host (the MM). This game definitely has some cheaters on the PC version, but on console I haven't seen anything extremely suspicious.

Like you said, some things can be explained by the player's build, of course there is a possibility that players are hacking on console because it's definitely very possible at this point, but I think it's unlikely, at least for this game. Especially with the way it's set up (no dedicated servers). Whenever something suspicious happens to me I personally assume it's lag.

• Like 1

I guess that answers the Mastermind one.

What made me suspicious of hacking was the fact the Mastermind didn't do anything like spawning/controlling zombies, locking doors etc the entire match until the end where they Spawned Mr.X - and then still did nothing.

Hopefully its a bug that can be sorted out, its a pretty serious one.

However with the Samuel one I still have my suspicions.

I just reviewed the video again, Sam is moving around fine the entire match until the instance at the end.

He goes from running normally up the key to pick it up and then immediately snapping into the key-reader animation, the card console was about 10-20 metres away, even with his dash punch it would of taken him 1-3 seconds to reach it, he did it less than a second.

The fact user has everything set to private and didn't have the Ps+ symbol next to their name is also very suspicious.

I'm not aware if you can set the fact you have Ps+ to private.

9 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

So far the only thing i have noticed is some lag on the third area when the MM is losing, but that's rarely these days at least on my end. Spawning too many Lickers can make players disconnect, receive a huge amount of lag or heavy drops on fps.The same thing happens on PC but even worse as players can disconnect there if they use the flamethrower. Resistance is poorly optimized on both console and PC and i suspect some of the MM are even unaware of those things. A few days ago i fought a high level Annette who did not spawn too many Lickers on the third stage. Probably because they are aware of this game issues and wanted to continue playing.

There are scummy Mastermind who are aware of this.

I've had matches against players who is area 2, when they are losing heavily, will spawn is as many Lickers and Jesters next to the exit.

It was against Annette and Spencer, they both have the ability to churn out zombies quickly while maintaining bio-energy.

The amount of screeching and clawing happening at once will the tank the framerate and induce heavy lag.

At this point you are constantly being grabbed, clawed and screeched at that you can't do much except have time drained from all the attacks.

The real kicker is when the Mastermind starts spamming a voice line over and over again to rub in that they know what they have done.

45 minutes ago, objectioner said:

I guess that answers the Mastermind one.

What made me suspicious of hacking was the fact the Mastermind didn't do anything like spawning/controlling zombies, locking doors etc the entire match until the end where they Spawned Mr.X - and then still did nothing.

Hopefully its a bug that can be sorted out, its a pretty serious one.

However with the Samuel one I still have my suspicions.

I just reviewed the video again, Sam is moving around fine the entire match until the instance at the end.

He goes from running normally up the key to pick it up and then immediately snapping into the key-reader animation, the card console was about 10-20 metres away, even with his dash punch it would of taken him 1-3 seconds to reach it, he did it less than a second.

The fact user has everything set to private and didn't have the Ps+ symbol next to their name is also very suspicious.

I'm not aware if you can set the fact you have Ps+ to private.

There are scummy Mastermind who are aware of this.

I've had matches against players who is area 2, when they are losing heavily, will spawn is as many Lickers and Jesters next to the exit.

It was against Annette and Spencer, they both have the ability to churn out zombies quickly while maintaining bio-energy.

The amount of screeching and clawing happening at once will the tank the framerate and induce heavy lag.

At this point you are constantly being grabbed, clawed and screeched at that you can't do much except have time drained from all the attacks.

The real kicker is when the Mastermind starts spamming a voice line over and over again to rub in that they know what they have done.

Since there's no custom firmware on the ps4 that can go online, there's no hackers. You probably ran into a guy that used a lag switch.

If the guy didn't have a ps plus symbol next to his name, it just means he doesn't have ps plus on that account. You can play online on any account as long as one of them on your ps4 has plus. 

The only one I've had where it was insanely obvious was a recent one with a Nikolai where we got the door open with like 30 seconds left. Nemesis drops down, I throw a flash to stun him so we can get through which Nemesis doesn't react to and stands still... he then goes super speed and downs 2 or 3 players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

The only one I've had where it was insanely obvious was a recent one with a Nikolai where we got the door open with like 30 seconds left. Nemesis drops down, I throw a flash to stun him so we can get through which Nemesis doesn't react to and stands still... he then goes super speed and downs 2 or 3 players.

Did you throw the flash as soon as he spawned or just slightly after?

I've noticed that the big controllable Bio-Weapons have a short invincibility frame window when the first spawn where they can't be stunned.

I learnt this the hard way against Mr.X when trying to flash him as Martin.

1 minute ago, objectioner said:

Did you throw the flash as soon as he spawned or just slightly after?

I've noticed that the big controllable Bio-Weapons have a short invincibility frame window when the first spawn where they can't be stunned.

I learnt this the hard way against Mr.X when trying to flash him as Martin.

I can't recall but either way, the super speed where several people go down instantly is not natural. Though perhaps the flash was not timed right and if it was even him lag switching wouldn't have mattered... can't say. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rozalia1 said:

I can't recall but either way, the super speed where several people go down instantly is not natural. Though perhaps the flash was not timed right and if it was even him lag switching wouldn't have mattered... can't say. 

Certainly seems suspicious either way.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:35 AM, SnowxSakura said:

If the guy didn't have a ps plus symbol next to his name, it just means he doesn't have ps plus on that account. You can play online on any account as long as one of them on your ps4 has plus. 

This is what I do.