The only thing I despise about this game

This is the only game I have EVER downloaded that runs in a language different to my console. And there is no sodding way to change it. 

Why would they fucking do that?, I just cannot comprehend. 

This is old news but I'm barely new to the game, and at first I was like "hmmm, the voice acting is... Ok, I guess, and the item translations are weird, but whatever". 

It took halfway into Act II for me to lose complete interest in the story because of how terrible the voice acting and translations are. 

Bloody hell, why Blizzard?

I got to within 1 trophy iirc of the plat. Its not hard, just time consuming.

Said id go back to it one day to finish it off. That day came when i saw the necromancer dlc for sale. I clicked buy.  I opened the d3 case to shove the game in the ps4, and somehow damaged it. Like when i put it in the console the icon would show up but when i pressed X to start it up it wouldn't work. It mocked me. 

The disc now works as a badass coaster on a cabinet in my spare room and the missing trophy is a reminder to not be clumsy. The dlc will never be played and is a reminder to me that Necromancers are cool. Dead...cool.

• Like 3

Was the language east european/russian like? I bought Diablo 3 ROS and it gave me two game files, one at 12 GBs, the other at 22 GBs, turns out the 12 had a different language altogether so I had to download the other. See if you have multiple files downloaded, I don't have the ps4 version, but maybe it's the same from the ps3 store version.

59 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Was the language east european/russian like? I bought Diablo 3 ROS and it gave me two game files, one at 12 GBs, the other at 22 GBs, turns out the 12 had a different language altogether so I had to download the other. See if you have multiple files downloaded, I don't have the ps4 version, but maybe it's the same from the ps3 store version.

I also got 2 got given 2 way back when I'm not on the PlayStation to confirm which I was given but I sure as hell remember getting two and was totally confused as I didn't see the 2nd straight away and thought I'd bought the we wrong version... Worth checking in your library to see if there is more versions.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, YORGOS_PB said:

This is the only game I have EVER downloaded that runs in a language different to my console. And there is no sodding way to change it. 

Why would they fucking do that?, I just cannot comprehend. 

This is old news but I'm barely new to the game, and at first I was like "hmmm, the voice acting is... Ok, I guess, and the item translations are weird, but whatever". 

It took halfway into Act II for me to lose complete interest in the story because of how terrible the voice acting and translations are. 

Bloody hell, why Blizzard?

I am so sorry to hear that. The game is amazing. I really enjoyed the story and dialog. It's funny that this was originally a PC game because it plays so well on the console. 

We are talking (writing..) about the PS4 version of D3 RoS and not about the PS3 version?

Important questions:

1) From which PSN country did you buy and load the game?

2) What is the language setting of your PS4? 

Some quick searching on the web and I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2w44ti/can_diablo_iii_reapers_of_souls_language_be/

and this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/343863/diablo_3_reaper_of_souls_language/

==> Delete the current downloaded game and download the other version because game is released on PSN as Multi 3 and Multi 2 Language version. Same is also true for PS3 version.

/edit This reminds me of the standard PS3 Skyrim Disc for PS3 which was sold in Germany: English was not included on the disc so this happened when your PS3 was set to English: Dialogues where in French.

Edited by Geridian
Text

Yup, PS4 version, PSN Country Mexico, language setting is English. 

Back when I downloaded the game I found the same posts, and some others, and I followed every single step to no avail. 

What you shared is tied to Europe, you can't choose between versions in US/Canadian/Mexican stores. 

I mean right now I don't care, that was 2 months ago (and maybe a month ago after I tried something else). It's a great game and I'm still playing it like crazy, I just won't understand why would they fucking do this. 

I know that Blizzard is top notch and everything but the spanish voice acting and translations are HORRIBLE.

The people I know that played this game on release never mentioned it being in Spanish until I asked them why mine was, as far as I understand they're exactly like me in the sense of "hmmmm, meh, I mean it sucks to have it like this but it's ok I guess". 

The game is still the same legendary gem. 

And I don't know of anyone with the disc, now I'm curious too. 

One of my friends bought the Switch Edition as well and told me you can change to whatever language you want, why wouldn't the PS4 version be the same?