WARNING for Iron Man

Iron man
Beat the game with Thorn and Pheng alive in hardcore mode

Posting this to warn people of the above trophy. Iron Man saves after your choices so if you don't have a backup file it will cost you the whole playthrough. It's said online in the little there is about this game that Thorn and Lo Pheng can team up and so everyone lives. However when I got to the end (I chose Thorn) even though I seemed to have done a number of what appeared to be merciful choices, Lo Pheng would attack Thorn which would mean you have to kill Lo Pheng. Thankfully I had not cared to backup on the final stretch of the game so I had a save where you start as Thorn at the water Mehnir. I first thought I'd get Gleda killed before reaching Opacum... and found out that when Gleda reaches 3 injuries you cannot take her into battle. My only hope thus lay in choosing Lo Pheng after Hopper dispatches the Frisian assassins. 

I'm happy to say the result was that while Lo Pheng kills Reet, he doesn't attack Thorn and just leaves which makes the game switch back to Thorn for the final battle. The ending text lists Lo Pheng as alive and when the credits rolled it popped. As said, it is apparently possible to have them team up but it's honestly a bit nebulous so just pick Lo Pheng to be safe. Heck, as a bonus for picking Lo Pheng you skip the Brann battle. Though... it could be if you have a really evil Thorn and a good Lo Pheng he tries to kill Reet? But then if so... Lo Pheng wouldn't try to kill Gleda? My Thorn did some bad stuff like robbing I think two merchants so it shouldn't but... basically keep a backup before the choice of who you want to be. If you have a USB and want to be extra safe then upload a file where you're Lo Pheng and going to the Roaming Mehnir, possibly if you reload enough to get the right events you could pop off a chain of mercy events and turn him good.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...