Help Request: 'Best Beloved' Tips for ~70-80 hour Platinum?

PhantomFear94

Background: 

On launch, the platinum was touted as 120-200 hours by most roadmaps/content creators so I played it at my leisure on a backup account to just play the story. I usually like the 20-60 hour range for an 100% completion unless I am utterly obsessed with a game (i.e. Forza Horizon 4 on XB1) and like to complete as many AAA's as possible; I also was nervous due to the polarised launch reception. I ended up loving DS, however, it was my 3rd favourite game of 2019. What's more, the platinum is now re-estimated at 70-80 hours if you're efficient, so at some point this summer (probably after Ghost of Tsushima), I'm going to go replay DS for the platinum. I've not played much PlayStation in the past 18 months on this account due to Xbox completions, so a last hurrah before next gen this Summer/utumn would be nice. I'll be getting Series X on launch, and PS5 some months after that for exclusives, so I'll be archiving my XB1 and PS4.

Query:

The 70-80 hour range (~40-45 hours story, 25 hours endgame) some have earned this Platinum is what I'm aiming for. I'm not rushing the story, but after that, I want to get through the end-game grind quickly and efficiently. I'm mainly nervous about running out of Chrial Bandwidth whilst maxing all ECA connections (5*), and losing dozens of hours due to inefficiency. How do I best set up my zipline network in the central region? I've read chrial bandwidth can be a problem, so would a general strategy of moving east to west be the best port of call? Also, is there anything I need to really consider with the 80 Premium Deliveries??

Edited by PhantomFear94

I got it all done in 77 hours with full zipline and road network. To be honest, there's not much to explain regarding the zipline network:

• use other people's ziplines as often as possible
  • upgrade zipline structure to level 2 if it makes sense (adds 50m extra range - 300m -> 350m)
    • also, do not upgrade to level 3 since it adds no extra range
  • destroy unnecessary structures that you have previously built during the story (you can do this remotely via the map, no need to travel there)
  • always carry 2 or 3 PCCs while building the zipline network
  • for the last couple preppers like Veteran and First Prepper, bringing lost cargo with high amount of likes helps a lot too
  • read emails

For the premium deliveries, make sure you do as many as you can in the East Region. Focus mainly on Misc and Time-based deliveries. You can get 10-12 of each in this region alone.

This list of all Standard Orders can be useful towards the end: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/e3g1q8/full_standard_order_list_by_order_spoilers/

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

On 29/05/2020 at 3:14 PM, HusKy said:

I got it all done in 77 hours with full zipline and road network. To be honest, there's not much to explain regarding the zipline network:

• use other people's ziplines as often as possible
  • upgrade zipline structure to level 2 if it makes sense (adds 50m extra range - 300m -> 350m)
    • also, do not upgrade to level 3 since it adds no extra range
  • destroy unnecessary structures that you have previously built during the story (you can do this remotely via the map, no need to travel there)
  • always carry 2 or 3 PCCs while building the zipline network
  • for the last couple preppers like Veteran and First Prepper, bringing lost cargo with high amount of likes helps a lot too
  • read emails

For the premium deliveries, make sure you do as many as you can in the East Region. Focus mainly on Misc and Time-based deliveries. You can get 10-12 of each in this region alone.

This list of all Standard Orders can be useful towards the end: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/e3g1q8/full_standard_order_list_by_order_spoilers/

Thank you. 

My only other question, I guess, is how many deliveries (or alternatively how many hours) roughly did the most troublesome facility take you to get to Level 5? I've read you're better doing 1 massive delivery for 100's of likes than 5 smaller ones, for example, but little on how many deliveries the bigger/more demanding facilities take - appreciate this can't be exact.

Also, were you anywhere close to Best Beloved around the time you had completed Growth of a Legend, or still way off?

Edited by PhantomFear94

I did it in about 65hrs OFFLINE HARD (all recorded also), could have reduced it at least 10 hours if I went ONLINE EASY, did ALL roads and everything myself in that time. Perhaps I can help with some tips if you are looking for a optimal platinum route, any questions be happy to answer ;)........

Playing OFFLINE HARD destroyed me a bit, I would like to go back to this game at some point and run a ONLINE EASY/HARD route, it really is a beautiful game

EDIT:

Usually the smaller, more difficult to reach preppers need less likes, Lost Cargo/smaller quests are usually ok for those.

The bigger easier to reach preppers/distros are usually best doing the massive quantity quests for loads of likes. 

Basically smaller harder to reach need only so many hundred, but the bigger easier to reach need so many thousand.

I got Best Beloved a good few hours before Growth of Legend.

I honestly feel platinum could be under quite a bit under 50hrs if you're going optimal. My Offline Hard run wasn't that optimal and still got a good time. If you had asked this question earlier in the year, I could have answered better, I don't remember much at the mo ;(

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I did it in about 65hrs OFFLINE HARD (all recorded also), could have reduced it at least 10 hours if I went ONLINE EASY, did ALL roads and everything myself in that time. Perhaps I can help with some tips if you are looking for a optimal platinum route, any questions be happy to answer ;)........

Playing OFFLINE HARD destroyed me a bit, I would like to go back to this game at some point and run a ONLINE EASY/HARD route, it really is a beautiful game

EDIT:

Usually the smaller, more difficult to reach preppers need less likes, Lost Cargo/smaller quests are usually ok for those.

The bigger easier to reach preppers/distros are usually best doing the massive quantity quests for loads of likes. 

Basically smaller harder to reach need only so many hundred, but the bigger easier to reach need so many thousand.

I got Best Beloved a good few hours before Growth of Legend.

I honestly feel platinum could be under quite a bit under 50hrs if you're going optimal. My Offline Hard run wasn't that optimal and still got a good time. If you had asked this question earlier in the year, I could have answered better, I don't remember much at the mo ;(

Oh wow, well done, and thanks anyway! It isn't the entire platinum length it's just best beloved and growth of a legend specifically I want to do as quick as possible. The 40-50 hours for the story is no problem as I loved it.  I'm not a great grinder so would look to be hyper efficient end-game. 

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

My only other question, I guess, is how many deliveries (or alternatively how many hours) roughly did the most troublesome facility take you to get to Level 5? I've read you're better doing 1 massive delivery for 100's of likes than 5 smaller ones, for example, but little on how many deliveries the bigger/more demanding facilities take - appreciate this can't be exact.

The most problematic facilities are the little preppers in the mountains. These guys require emails to be read and the orders that go to their place are rather scarce. I managed to level them up by bringing lots of lost cargo to their place which I was collecting in my private locker in the Mountain Knot City.

Large facilities that need many likes have some insanely large orders going to them which yield ton of likes, e.g. 2900kg order to South Knot City.

Also, were you anywhere close to Best Beloved around the time you had completed Growth of a Legend, or still way off?

You can do Growth of the Legend easily before Best Beloved. GotL requires 80 premium deliveries but you will do way more than that for BB. At the end I had 175 unique Premium Standard Orders done (with 197 total, some I have done multiple times).

WzxOSt3.png

Edited by HusKy

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Oh wow, well done, and thanks anyway! It isn't the entire platinum length it's just best beloved and growth of a legend specifically I want to do as quick as possible. The 40-50 hours for the story is no problem as I loved it.  I'm not a great grinder so would look to be hyper efficient end-game. 

There is a tonne of variables into doing all that quick though, its a lot to monitor, its where I thought my run was optimal at first, but the further I went, the more messy it was becoming lol

Obviously, sure you know, you want to try and always switch to Hard when doing quests so you are actually getting the Legend ranks along the way, rather than having to grind specifically.

Switching to Hard on combat quests though can make them take MUCH longer. So you may want to pick and choose them, or wait till you have better stuff.

Emails are a big problem as Husky said further up. Likes will carry across when a preppers progress gets halted due to crappy emails, but you want to make it quite a priority to regularly rest in shelters and recover any emails.

Regarding emails, any pending getting added to the back of the log, and you can only receive so many at a time. So say you have trying to trigger a certain email from a certain prepper you just saw, you may need to rest quite a few times in order to GET to that email. Always rest until no more emails pop, as I say, only 4 or so can trigger at a time and if you have 15 pending, you would need to rest quite a few times to get them all!

I h8 grinding as well m8 ;)

With the large quantity quests, problem is they are a bit of a problem without completed roads. You could REAL LUCKY and have this all done for you online or using others structures. Doing the roads myself literally took probably over 10hrs. In the end I though if it would have been quicker just not to do them...............offline that is

One thing I found optimal in regards to quests is as I go through the story, try to do any subquests along my story route. Found that a bit quicker than going out the way.

Looking back, it really is a great game, I cant wait till I get chance to revisit this online easy xD

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

There is a tonne of variables into doing all that quick though, its a lot to monitor, its where I thought my run was optimal at first, but the further I went, the more messy it was becoming lol

Obviously, sure you know, you want to try and always switch to Hard when doing quests so you are actually getting the Legend ranks along the way, rather than having to grind specifically.

Switching to Hard on combat quests though can make them take MUCH longer. So you may want to pick and choose them, or wait till you have better stuff.

Emails are a big problem as Husky said further up. Likes will carry across when a preppers progress gets halted due to crappy emails, but you want to make it quite a priority to regularly rest in shelters and recover any emails.

Regarding emails, any pending getting added to the back of the log, and you can only receive so many at a time. So say you have trying to trigger a certain email from a certain prepper you just saw, you may need to rest quite a few times in order to GET to that email. Always rest until no more emails pop, as I say, only 4 or so can trigger at a time and if you have 15 pending, you would need to rest quite a few times to get them all!

I h8 grinding as well m8 ;)

With the large quantity quests, problem is they are a bit of a problem without completed roads. You could REAL LUCKY and have this all done for you online or using others structures. Doing the roads myself literally took probably over 10hrs. In the end I though if it would have been quicker just not to do them...............offline that is

One thing I found optimal in regards to quests is as I go through the story, try to do any subquests along my story route. Found that a bit quicker than going out the way.

Looking back, it really is a great game, I cant wait till I get chance to revisit this online easy xD

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

The most problematic facilities are the little preppers in the mountains. These guys require emails to be read and the orders that go to their place are rather scarce. I managed to level them up by bringing lots of lost cargo to their place which I was collecting in my private locker in the Mountain Knot City.

Large facilities that need many likes have some insanely large orders going to them which yield ton of likes, e.g. 2900kg order to South Knot City.

You can do Growth of the Legend easily before Best Beloved. GotL requires 80 premium deliveries but you will do way more than that for BB. At the end I had 175 unique Premium Standard Orders done (with 197 total, some I have done multiple times).

WzxOSt3.png

Thanks both. Think I'm just going to go for it. The Last of Us: Part II is coming out June 19 so I'll take a break to finish that, which will split my time a bit, and make the end-game feel more fresh!

Edited by PhantomFear94

Update - Platinum Earned

Earned the Platinum 1 week ago with a final time of 72 Hours. I could have shaved 5 hours off of that, I'd say, so 65 - 70 hours is doable for sure. Overall it was pretty easy and stress-free, and I loved the game. Only one which was a pain was the Misc. Grade 20 (only had 8-10 after earning Best Beloved!) I re-built every road and built ziplines every during the story so the end-game grind only took around 20 hours. Thanks!

Edited by PhantomFear94

• 1 year later...
On 2020-06-04 at 5:05 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

Update - Platinum Earned

Earned the Platinum 1 week ago with a final time of 72 Hours. I could have shaved 5 hours off of that, I'd say, so 65 - 70 hours is doable for sure. Overall it was pretty easy and stress-free, and I loved the game. Only one which was a pain was the Misc. Grade 20 (only had 8-10 after earning Best Beloved!) I re-built every road and built ziplines every during the story so the end-game grind only took around 20 hours. Thanks!

Did you play the story through on easy or hard? I’m looking to platinum this game and after reading this thread, it seems you and I were both looking for the optimal and most efficient path, so any tips and tricks will be highly appreciated!

On 04/06/2021 at 2:54 PM, vincybwoyjr said:

Did you play the story through on easy or hard? I’m looking to platinum this game and after reading this thread, it seems you and I were both looking for the optimal and most efficient path, so any tips and tricks will be highly appreciated!

Easy, turning it on Very Hard for the end game grind. Difficulty is redundant with zip lines and roads because nothing can really touch you. 

• Like 1