A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5 June 11, 2020

Aranea Highwind

That black DualShock 5, er I mean DualSense, looks much better than the white version we were originally shown. I'm looking forward to the event, but I'm really looking forward to the actual console reveal. 

Parker

• Like 1

They're going to need more than a sleek looking controller and 4K impressive visuals to get my attention.

I got too much shit on the PS4 to just jump ship on the PS5. I'm down to around a dozen games on the PS3 and less than 10 on the PS Vita. Maybe I'll snag the PS4 Pro for really cheap because I'm sure the price will drop like a rock once everybody is feasting over the new PS5 console.

Yeah.... I'm just not feeling the PS5. With how many fucking system updates the PS5 is going to have in the first few months, I'm better off just waiting on it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't give a toss about backwards compatibility (and I'm a former Xbox player), but I guess that's my privilege of being able to keep older consoles.

It's not just about being able to play games from older console generations, but running them better. Increased frame rate, higher resolution, vastly reduced loading times, etc. Microsoft have shown us what's possible and it's only natural for people like myself who have a large PS4 collection to want that as well.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't give a toss about backwards compatibility (and I'm a former Xbox player), but I guess that's my privilege of being able to keep older consoles.

Is it so wrong to not want a million consoles beneath my tv? Having a PS2,3,4,5 all hooked up because of no backwards comparability is lame.

• Like 4

Already got space prepared on my glass stand for the PS5. Let's gooooooo. Day 1 purchase now for sure. First time ever being on this side of the coin where I don't have to rely on my parents buying me a console to play. 

Hopefully some actual gameplay is revealed this time and not just cinematic trailers for games. I don't mind new game reveals, but some gameplay is what I want to see. :)

I kind of want to see live gameplay so we can see the loading times, frame rate, graphics, UI, etc  ourselves.

I can't imagine buying one soon unless I see something jaw-dropping though, so I hope Sony brings their A game. Fully backwards compatible for all PS systems, connectivity with PS3/PS4 libraries, trophies added to classics and older games, beautiful UI with a way to search your library quickly and play without long download times, easy transferrable saves from PS4-PS5 via cloud, plentiful hard drive space for games, etc. I need something that pretty much makes my PS3 and PS4 a fossil, but I doubt we'll see that.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Finally! 

They're promising new game announcements, cool. But it's not very clear if they mean first-party or third party or both. I hope to see more first-party titles like Knack 3 Horizon 2. I don't expect them to reveal the price yet. And yes, they should talk about BC more and explain what that "majority of PS4 games" really means.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

No you are really not the only one. Millions of people had PS4 as their first Playstation, so not having BC for PS1, PS2 and PS3 won’t bother them. Same for me. I did have a PS2 but gave it to my cousin along with any games I had. So I couldn’t really care as well.

51 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I kind of want to see live gameplay so we can see the loading times, frame rate, graphics, UI, etc  ourselves.

I can't imagine buying one soon unless I see something jaw-dropping though, so I hope Sony brings their A game. Fully backwards compatible for all PS systems, connectivity with PS3/PS4 libraries, trophies added to classics and older games, beautiful UI with a way to search your library quickly and play without long download times, easy transferrable saves from PS4-PS5 via cloud, plentiful hard drive space for games, etc. I need something that pretty much makes my PS3 and PS4 a fossil, but I doubt we'll see that.

I could only see PS5 having PS1 and PS2 BC. PS3 is pretty much a right off because of the different architecture and also because if I am correct, Sony cannot use Emulators for Third party games due to contractual obligations or something like that. Trophies to classic games would be way too much effort as well for them. And not sure if 825 GB of SSD will really be enough considering how close games are getting to the 100 GB mark and exceeding it. 

And yeah I think there definitely will be live gameplay. It’s supposed to be over an hour long and Sony probably learnt a lesson from Microsoft’s fumble. 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, DEI2EK said:

Is it so wrong to not want a million consoles beneath my tv? 

Never said it was, I spoke only for myself, it would be cool but my priority is having new games that take advantage of the new tech, which is the point of having a new console.

Also, as a former Xbox player, I can say that Xbox's BC functionality is far from perfect or even complete- there are many, many games that are either not supported at all or just don't work very well. I think a lot of people believe they'll be able to just pop in any game from the original console up and it'll work. Nope.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2