A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5 June 11, 2020

Aranea Highwind

Superbrothers! Solar Ash! Little Devil! Yeah that’s pretty exciting.

Really happy there seems to be a healthy dose of new IPs rather than just sequels and remakes.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The second ps5 will play only digital games?

It does not have a disc tray. So they're saving in the 4k uhd unit there. You can only play games bought/redeemed through psn.

2 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

That "in Playstation we believe in generation shifts" or whatever makes me believe they will not give much effort for backward compatibility. It's a shame really

It was so straight to the heart for all of us that want backward compatibility.

It was Just stop asking ok. lol

Edited by GoldenShaka

xWZMNYm.5.png

I think the system will look better in black, but I actually quite like the design. It is certainly striking and I think it will look great on my desk. 

Also, Gran Turismo 7! Hell yes, I'm so glad we have a traditional GT game coming, hopefully it will be a launch title. 

Parker

• Like 1

That was a pretty great presentation overall. The highlights for me were the Demon's Souls remake, Resident Evil 8, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon: Forbidden West, and Deathloop. The console design looks pretty slick. Way better than the leaked images of the dev kit. No mention of backwards compatibility, but I understand that the focus this time around was having a showcase of new games. I hope they talk about it soon though,

• Like 1

Making an All-Digital system is definitely a bad consumer move in my opinion, though...? When you don’t have competitors like Bestbuy, Target, and GameStop to keep you honest...the consumer can’t expect any massive deals for games.  I’m sure it’s cheaper than the disc system, but...I’m not supporting that.  ?

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Jesus christ that is one of the ugliest console designs I have ever seen

Yeah.  I’ve gotta get used to the design.  Pretty...unconventional.  ?

Well, just with...

• Gran Turismo VII
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Kena
  • Resident Evil VIII
  • Demon Souls Remake
  • Horizon 2

They completely sold me the console... And I'm being picky because another games looks interesting... Nice event...

148.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I am not a fan of the design but my main concern is the position, I've heard sometimes about issues having discs on vertical position, other people say works actually better, idk. Still waiting for feedback for people that plays 6 hours nonstop lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It looks like a binder

As for the conference, I'm a bit disappointed, absolute no info about what the console can do. Game trailers are nice but what exactly am I getting with the console?

Edited by majob

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

The console show an stand to keep it vertical so it is very possible that you can have it horizontal like always...

Still, people just telling bad things about the design and not the games is a good indicator =)

Apparently you need a stand to even lay it horizontally.

2 minutes ago, majob said:

It looks like a binder

As for the conference, I'm a bit disappointed, absolute no info about what the console can do. Game trailers are nice but what exactly am I getting with the console?

The conference was sold just to show games and that is what they did, and we got a bonus with the console design xD.

4 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I am not a fan of the design but my main concern is the position, I've heard sometimes about issues having discs on vertical position, other people say works actually better, idk. Still waiting for feedback for people that plays 6 hours nonstop lol

I think it should be alright horizontally because they showcased the PS4 as vertically as well. 

I'm fine with the design of the PS5 myself. Definitely a lot better than what the dev kits were making it out to be. I just hope it can come in black and blue though, but otherwise I think it looks nice.

The game lineup also looked pretty solid too between Demon's Souls, Spider-Man sequel, Horizon II, and Resident Evil VII. It's also nice to see Ratchet and Clank make a comeback even if it kind of felt like the game was an excuse to show off the SSD :P I still hope we hear more about the backwards compatibility soon.

• Like 1

Wow, just WoW! Not just the Console looks really, well wavy and has an unexpected design, but the fact that most of theses games are new IP's and are quite original is fantastic. Here are the games that got my attention and my thoughts.

Spider-Man Miles Morales: Glad that this is a launch title for the PS5 and they've made a sequel already, but it won't be available for PS4.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart: I like the idea they got here, thou that reminds me, I need to play the last game.

Project Athia: Looks promising, but won't come out until 2021 or 2022 since its still in development.

STAY: Cat messengers with Macintosh robot?

Returnal: Reminds me of Hell Blade, but as a sic-fi shooter.

Destruction All-Star: Looks like a mash up of Rocket League and Fortnite.

KENA and the bridge of Spirits: Like a kids version of Overlord

Goodbye Volcano High: Well, this is what happens when you let college hipsters director your game, nice cell animation thou.

JET The Far Shore: Lost in Space, the video game.

GOD FALL: The only previous announced game on this showcase, but looks alot like Warframe.

HITMAN 3: Not too surprise he's back.

Demon's Souls Remastered: Welcome back, TO HELL!

Deathloop: Yup its an Arkane studio game alright, a little to similar too Dishonored thou.

PRAGMATA: And you though Death Stranding was weird.

Horizon Forbidden West: And.... I'm sold. Thank you Guerrilla

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 1

Not a fan of the console design tbh. Or rather, the protruding edges. Too much going on and feels like a design student's exam project. But whatever, it's not a deal breaker by any means. None of the games made me feel like I need to get the PS5 on day one, so I probably wont. Hopefully there will be some more exciting reveals in the coming weeks/months, because most of what I saw was "wait for sale" titles (at first glimpse at least). The biggest negative in the presentation was the lack of interface footage. I would have loved to see what the console menu looks like, trophies and hopefully updates to the profile section. Hopefully they'll show that off soon enough. Also, a bunch of developers staring into the camera while smiling is just cringe.

Highlights:

Stray - Robots, a cat and a dystopian city? Sign me up.

Returnal - Was interesting until it turned to be a third person shooter. A shame, but maybe it can redeem itself.

Goodbye Volcano High - Getting some Life is Strange vibes, and the music was good.

Resident Evil 8 - Really like the theme they went with so I'll be keeping an eye on that game.