A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5 June 11, 2020

Aranea Highwind

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I’m curious about Remote Play on PS5. I have no doubt they’ll still implement it, but I’m curious if the Vita will still be supported or if it’ll be PC only. 

I'm curious how it would work, since you'd have to run games designed for 4k TVs to run on a tiny 540p screen

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

It starts now in 15 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes? 

1h15

24 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

without even revealing how the console looks or works?

The Road to PS5 gave a pretty thorough explanation of how the PS5 works.

1 minute ago, Barbeqmeister said:

I'm curious how it would work, since you'd have to run games designed for 4k TVs to run on a tiny 540p screen

Down-scaling, but they've been doing that since the PS3 and PSP could Remote Play. 

1 minute ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Technically it can work but will menus remain legible?

Yeah, generally. I don't think the PS5 will require a resolution of 4k to be in effect all the times. I wouldn't be surprised if, just like the PS4, the PS5 allows you to select 720 as your resolution. Games are coded to scale most things (like menus) for multiple resolutions.

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

So are we just going to be seeing some PS5 gameplay in this, or is there going to be an actual console/price reveal too? :hmm:

From the PS Blog Post

We’ve shared technical specifications and shown you the new DualSense wireless controller. But what is a launch without games? 

That’s why I’m excited to share that we will soon give you a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday. The games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe. Studios, both larger and smaller, those newer and those more established, all have been hard at work developing games that will showcase the potential of the hardware. 

This is part of our series of PS5 updates and, rest assured, after next week’s showcase, we will still have much to share with you.

Sounds like just the games to me.

Also I thought that Batman screenshot had been confirmed fake?

Just now, EIdain said:

Sounds like just the games to me.

I'm still hoping for some kinda surprise reveal at the end or something. ? Honestly if it is coming out at the end of the year, I don't see how they can hold it off for much longer... unless Sony is just playing a game of chicken with Microsoft to see who reveals their price first. ?

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Who confirmed that? And why?

Just watching Kinda Funny and Greg Miller mentioned a screenshot with Capture the Knight being confirmed fake. Who knows, but it was posted without comment with no source either so I'm not sure how reliable that is. Find out soon enough either way.

Edited by EIdain