Master of Materia Trophy Help

Hi! I’m a returning player who got the base game for free on PS4.

i would like some help with Master of Materia trophy in particular.

I just want the trophy, so which specific materia and equipment (and where) I should buy in order to get this trophy out of the way quickly!

Sorry for bad English and if this has been answered or posted before

12 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Any equipment with an empty slot will do. I bought the cheapest materia I could buy from the marketboard then just affixed and removed that one 100 times. Doesn't take long

Thank you! I though I would have to spend thousands of Gil buying materias and equipment! 

56 minutes ago, Laikaros said:

Hi! I’m a returning player who got the base game for free on PS4.

i would like some help with Master of Materia trophy in particular.

I just want the trophy, so which specific materia and equipment (and where) I should buy in order to get this trophy out of the way quickly!

Sorry for bad English and if this has been answered or posted before

Sorry if I take advantage, but I’m currently playing the game and I have some questions. I bought the shadowbringers complete edition and I still have some of my available days of play. I’m planning to clean almost every trophy before it ends, but I don’t think I’ll manage to get the 1000 Fates and of course levequest will be pending too. Did you continue playing even if capped so you could make some progress levequest wise or you left it aside completely while there was no free play time.

2 hours ago, Laikaros said:

Thank you! I though I would have to spend thousands of Gil buying materias and equipment! 

You can use one piece of gear and one materia.  You take the materia out, and reuse it on the same gear again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Sorry if I take advantage, but I’m currently playing the game and I have some questions. I bought the shadowbringers complete edition and I still have some of my available days of play. I’m planning to clean almost every trophy before it ends, but I don’t think I’ll manage to get the 1000 Fates and of course levequest will be pending too. Did you continue playing even if capped so you could make some progress levequest wise or you left it aside completely while there was no free play time.

I played the base game ARR back in 2013-2014 on pc. Finished main story and some activities and rescue max level at that time (LVL 50).

Now that the game is free on PS4, I decided to use my pc character on the console version and start grinding the trophies. 

Most requirements I’ve already done, so I just did some simple activities to trigger the trophies.

Right now, I’m just farming the 1000 Fates trophy+ 100 Guildheists +1000 levequests with just the base game with my old pc character locked at level 50 because I don’t have the expansions and with the 30 free days earned through the free PS4 version.

I never played the free trial version. I don’t know if the progress will count in this version. But I intent, unfortunately, to pay the subscription until the 1000 levequests pops.

I hope this answer your question! Sorry if I got something wrong, my English is still in development. If I did not answer properly, I would like you to clarify, please! 

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, Sir_Bee said:

You can use one piece of gear and one materia.  You take the materia out, and reuse it on the same gear again.

Oho, so it's like the Deck Master trophy in Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories, where you just add and remove a card from the same deck 500 times. That's good to know. Materia isn't really necessary to complete the story anyways. ;)

I just now need to get a Crafting Class to Level 19 to complete the quest allowing me to affix materia.

EDIT: Two years later, just kidding, I finally got the Master of Materia trophy when I finally got Leatherworker up to Level 20 and just fused two random materia I extracted earlier onto a crappy hat with two materia slots 50 titmes. Here's the pic:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjE1hrtXYAAeyXA?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by CJ-Olly6