Weird scoring lately in UT online

Infernopommes

Hey,

yesterday I won a fight 29-28, 29-28, 28-28. The last score would only be possible if the rounds would have been scored 10-9, 10-9, 8-10. While I scored the fight 29-28 for myself before I heard the decision, I thought of three 10-9 rounds obviously. There was nothing in the entire fight that would warrant a 10-8.

Today I won a fight 3x 29-27, and I have no idea how that is a possible score. In real life, yes, because there is the possibility of point deduction, but that is not a feature in the game. So the scorecards must have been 10-9, 10-9, 9-9? But scoring a round 9-9 without point deduction is not possible.

Am I overlooking something? I played well over 3000 matches and have never had a 28-28 or a 29-27. There was an update a couple of days ago though, maybe they changed something there? Although it said it was just a fighter update.

Does the one 28-28 score card mean, that a (majority) draw would be a possible outcome? I can't see how that would fit into the record though.

Maybe someone has some insight.

Both players I faced were cheaters though, I have no idea if that affects something.

Update: I saw a video of someone winning 28-28, 29-27, 29-27 in ranked recently, so they really seem to have changed it.

Also, for the first time ever I just heard Jon Anik say "that was a 10-8 round, maybe even a 10-7", after I mauled my opponent throughout the second round (and won 29-26, my guess is 9-10, 10-8, 10-8). Probably just new lines though, I don't think they would actually implement 10-7 rounds.

I know many people don't like this game, but I'm glad that they are still adding stuff.

• 1 month later...