Impossible platinums in your backlog

For me is TLOU (PS3) I did get him in 2013/2014 when I buy the gta v bundle & get this game for free. I was think in this time that the multi is just hard & boring but discovered the opposite when they said the servers will be shut down but 2 weeks or more to finish one group the disc reader was not working & the time they take to fix it the servers was shut down.

The same is apply for the Hitman Absolution (PS3) but with 1 twist & it is that in this game I thought the contract mode is just another mode like story mode but didn't know it was online & when I wanted to start this in 8 months ago it was revealed for me it was an online mode only & missed it after 1 & a hulf year ago.

Portal 2

Wipeout 2048 & HD

Dirt 2

PES 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2016

All because of server closures I believe. I didn't care as much about trophies than I do now.

Edited by DogFoRaw5

Blues and Bullets. It was an episodic game (like Telltale games) that was supposed to have five episodes with a platinum at the end. 

Episode 1 came out in 2015 and 2 in 2016, then the developers vanished and didn't release any more. The last thing they said on Twitter was in 2016: "

We are passing through difficult times, but the game is not cancelled. If we cancel it we will advice, don't worry."

I'm pretty sure it's cancelled by now and I'll never be able to get that platinum.

• Like 1

Portal 2, missed out on the online related trophies because I didn't know I was supposed to have a Steam account and that version of the game for PC, which I don't have, to play with my friends for the achievements, also Big Leagues in Black Ops 2, missed the chance to get that trophy before the mode was removed so I have two unobtainable plats in my collection.

• Like 1

Two games are going to stain my profile forever.
The first one is "Dragon Fin Soup", some of the trophies are unattainable and no patch in the horizon so there's that.
Second game is Tetris Ultimate, the challenge feed feature doesn't work properly making the 100% impossible.

What's more annoying I've been trying for years to get Ubisoft to help with it only to receive not to long ago a confirmation telling me there is no solution.  

Not impossible, as they can still be obtained, but I highly doubt I'll ever get the plats for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Persona 4 Arena. Fighting games are my weakness and while I do have the plats for some fighting games, op characters or spammable moves won't save me from having to do hundreds of combo challenges. On top of that P4A has an endurance mode where you gotta beat the whole roster in one go with the difficulty at max. Sounds hard? You gotta beat it with all 13 characters for the plat. Yeah, doubt I'll ever do it.

In my backlog?

Darksiders 2 (PS3) -The online trophy is impossible to get. I might still start it up and get what I can one day. I do have the PS4 port (which also has its own problems) so I'm not too worried about it.

On my profile?

Overlord 2 (PS3) - Servers shut down w/o notice. Otherwise I'm done with the game.

WipEout HD (PS3) - Technically it's still possible to get, but I just don't have the skills for it. Also considered done.

@DogFoRaw5: PES 2014 has no online trophies. You can still get that if you want although the game is not great and quite boring going for plat, IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xItsLesterx said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but why would anyone put a game in their backlog if it's impossible to get?1f914.png

Backlog also would include games that are started and not completed.  People also may not be aware of server shutdowns, online trophies, or glitched trophies until after they started the game.

As far as the topic goes, I own one game with an unobtainable trophy and I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist.  Everything else is doable.

Edited by ladynadiad