Impossible platinums in your backlog

23 hours ago, pot1414 said:

I recently got my first after 11 years of collecting trophies because they closed the servers a day after I started it without a warning lol.It's transformers war for cybertron.

ACTIVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh crap, sorry to hear that. First Sony with Killzone on Vita, now this. I was always sure all publishers give a fair warning about server shutdowns but I guess I was wrong. This is why I avoid niche games with multiplayer trophies all together.

8 hours ago, ziggypop_79 said:

COD advanced warfare is difficult to achieve a platinum. While the servers are still up, there isn’t many people playing, and it’s one of the poorest COD multiplayers. 

I was going to do it and found out you had to pay extra for a mode you need to play so I deleted it without popping any trophies

• Like 1

On 31.5.2020 at 1:27 AM, xItsLesterx said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but why would anyone put a game in their backlog if it's impossible to get??

Why not? If its a game i want to play, like you know, for enjoyment maybe, why should some impossible trophy prevent me from putting it on my profile?

• Like 4

I have way more than I would like and a BUNCH that if I dont do something soon will inevitably be taken off (looking at u fifa 15). Motorstorm apocalypse, guitar hero live, badlands and technically operation flashpoint if I dont want to buy another PS3 and copy of the game to get online trophies through a lan setup. On the bright side though I finished Madden 16 like a few weeks before the servers were taken off with no warning. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Mlb the show 18 is super easy and all offline isn't it?

I was going to reply that there were a few online trophies that I seemed to remember, but I went and checked to be sure and you're right!  Most of the trophies that I don't have look pretty easy and there aren't any online trophies!  Guess I know what I'll be doing in the next few days!  Thanks for the heads up!

At least I can get one of these old sports games done!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, FFATMA said:

I was going to reply that there were a few online trophies that I seemed to remember, but I went and checked to be sure and you're right!  Most of the trophies that I don't have look pretty easy and there aren't any online trophies!  Guess I know what I'll be doing in the next few days!  Thanks for the heads up!

At least I can get one of these old sports games done!

No problem

• Like 1

My list is quite long, sadly;

- Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

- Resistance 2

- FIFA 09

- NHL 2K10

- Travel Bug (100%)

- WipEout HD

- Killzone 2

And, technically

- ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Servers for it shut down, but because I got the online Trophies already (only need the damn ad hoc stuff), I'm one of a select few who still have hope of popping the Platinum.

Platinums I have that are now unachievable;

- Killzone 3

- Motorstorm: Apocalypse

- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)

- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

- Hitman: Absolution

- WipEout 2048 (woohoo!)

- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

- Playstation Home (100%)

- FIFA 13 (Vita)

Hoo boy, my list is quite long. All due to server shutdowns.

007 Legends

Burnout Paradise

Dirt 2

Driveclub Bikes

FIFA 11

FIFA 13

FIFA 14

Fuel

Gran Turismo 5

Grand theft Auto V (ps3)

Hitman Absolution

James Bond 007 Blood Stone

Modnation Racers

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Motorstorm Pacific rift

MUD

NBA 2K11

NBA 2K12

NBA 2K13

NBA 2K14 (PS3)

NBA 2K15 (PS4)

NBA 2K16 (both systems)

NBA 2K17 (PS4, also one is glitched)

NBA 2K18 (PS4)

NBA Live 15

Need for Speed the Run

NHL 11

Project Cars

Quantum of Solace

Roundabout (not a plat, but apparently glitched)

SBK Generations

Top Spin 4

WipeOut HD

These are the ones I know of. May have some more.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 6:45 PM, Lan Stee said:

I have the Killzone games and the Resistance games, I know some of them are still plat-able so I'll just play the rest on an alt account

Yeah I think Resistance 3 is platable offline. Which I need to do myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

Due to servers shotdown a lot, even with just 1 trophy left to plat, that piss me off a lot. 

Or games that servers are still up but ppl don't play no more, o not in game modes I need 1f644.png

Yeah like that kung fu panda game that requires you to reach max rank and it take over 600 matches to do so. I cant find anyone quick enough to warrant waiting so much, and no one wants to boost so ig I'm stuck with it

On 5/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, DogFoRaw5 said:

Portal 2

Wipeout 2048 & HD

Dirt 2

PES 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2016

All because of server closures I believe. I didn't care as much about trophies than I do now.

I almost forgot about that game Portal 2. That was a fun one. I wish I platinum that game. The only way any game can become impossible to platinum is if the servers are shut down and you did not finish all the online trophies. I have more than I would like to admit. Mercenaries 2 comes to mind. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have two unobtainable plats on my list, three unobtainable games altogether:

Guitar Hero Live: Probably my biggest mistake ever. Online trophies were too hard for me and I didn't really find the game that great. Got the game only to find out a month later that the servers will shut down. There's 32 trophies in this game that I will never be able to get. 

Grand Kingdom: Was free on ps plus in 2018. Servers shut down in 2019 and one trophy (Flag Collector) is unobtainable.

Happy Dungeons doesn't have a plat but I will never be able to complete it due to the game shutting down as a whole.

Edited by Mathology12
  • Like 1

Hitman:Absolution  (Did not know Server Closure, wish I did it early)

The Last of US PS3 (Too Lazy, I hopefully give the PS4 a shot.)

Uncharted 2 and 3 ( Not impossible Platinums, as I got the 2 online trophies for both games. Gave up on the DLC)

Deformers (Server Closure)

Tango Fiesta (Local Co-Op Trophies)

Off the top of my head I can think of:

BUZZ: Quiz World

BUZZ: The Ultimate Music Quiz

BUZZ: Quiz TV

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes Del Ring

SOCOM 4

NBA 2K16

WWE 2K18

There might be a few more that I'm not aware of, and I also have numerous games already started on my profile that have either broken unobtainables or server closure unobtainables. And then there's plenty that are still obtainable but I know I'll never be able to get anyway :lol: 100% profile was/is not really realistic for me unless I deliberately only played games that I knew I could 100%, which would limit my game choices drastically and I'd miss out on so many awesome games. So I just aim for as best as I can do, within my skill/ability or within a reasonable amount of time. And if that's only 50% then I'm happy with that :) 

• Like 1

Mad Max - Last scavenging location glitched

Homefront: the Revolution - Molotov trophy won't pop

DriveClub - No servers

Guitar Hero Live - No servers

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - Severe motion sickness

Gran Turismo 5 - No servers

• Like 1

I blame this on my sports games obsessed self of the past. But it's kinda nice knowing I can't even bother with 100% completion!

MLB The Show 16 - Servers shutdown in 1 month

NBA2k16 - Plat is <0.05% and servers

NBA2k17 - Glitched trophy, plat at 0.00%

NBA2k15 - Plat is <0.03% and servers

FIFA 14 - Servers dead

NBA2k18 - Plat is <0.01% and servers

Madden NFL 25 - Servers dead

Madden NFL 15 - Servers dead

MLB 14 The Show - Servers dead

MLB 15 The Show - Servers dead

FIFA 15 - Servers almost dead