EdwardTheMartyr

Is killing the Brotherhood of Steel justified?

5 posts in this topic

The Mojave BoS chapter is easily my least favorite. They claim to want to hoard dangerous technology in order to protect humanity from itself, yet their stubborn isolationism and refusal to cooperate with others makes them an inevitably small faction. Even if the BoS doesn't give a crap about Wastelanders, it would benefit them in the long run to at least be somewhat benevolent with them, which would be easy considering their technology is the most advanced in the entire region. Even the Legion is at least beneficial for caravans, whereas the BoS is hostile to everyone, stealing technology from random people.

Instead of listening to Veronica's common sense advice to expand the Brotherhood's goals, several paladins are willing to  murder unarmed doctors all because they're scared of the mere possibility that their secrets about energy weapons and power armor be revealed. By being so hostile to everyone, it's no wonder that the NCR, Legion, and Mr. House all want the Brotherhood destroyed.

All ending slides end with the Brotherhood stealing tech from Wastelanders, or working with the NCR to patrol the highways. The latter is at least a step in the right direction. Working with the NCR, or anyone, instead of fighting them is how you get people to not hate you. If the Brotherhood continue in their ways, they'll just keep making enemies without growing their own numbers. They don't even care for NCR's agricultural technology.

Killing the Brotherhood is the main reason why I feel like siding with the NCR and negotiating a truce is better than siding with Mr. House.

The BoS were an asshole faction for most of the games the exception being the third game. they are a liability for the wasteland most of the time and only work for their own interest. you have decide for yourself if this justifies murder though

1 hour ago, xDerErnst said:

The BoS were an asshole faction for most of the games the exception being the third game. they are a liability for the wasteland most of the time and only work for their own interest. you have decide for yourself if this justifies murder though

They're actually best in Tactics. In FO1, I don't remember any negatives of them besides not sending paladins inside the Mutant's base.

They used to be good, but most chapters of the BoS are assholes scavenging the wasteland for their own interest because of shiny pre war toys to terrorize the wasteland with. They had a giant blimp in Fallout 4 they used to help annex settlements and land. 

1 hour ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

They're actually best in Tactics. In FO1, I don't remember any negatives of them besides not sending paladins inside the Mutant's base.

That's why I didn't want to call them evil, they are more assholes than actual bad guys. And I remember that you can piss them off pretty easily in the first game though that doesn't say much since everyone was like that in the originals lol

I actually didn't play tactics so far so I can't talk about that game