¿¿Would Addition of Diamond Trophies be CRAZY??

AlucardSnakeXZ27

I have some time, Like maybe 2 o 3 years thinking about this; maybe stupid for some, but great for others.

¿Should PlayStation add "Diamond Platinum"?

¿How is this? I mean for example, when you succesfully earn platinum/100% of an entire saga in the same console generation or trilogy, the criteria May be close to that. For example:

☆100% Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and 4
☆Metal Gear Solid HD 2, 3 and 4
☆Devil May Cry HD Collection all platin'ed
☆Dead Space 1, 2 and 3 platinum
☆Crash Bandicoot Remake 1, 2 and 3
☆Resident Evil 5, 6 and 7 and now with ☆REmasters could be 1, 2 and 3

I know sounds crazy or weird but many people in this site is a Trophy Hunter and Like me and others, i guess you could Like the idea. Maybe Start asking for this trophy upgrade in PSN Feedback and other social media. And could be innovation for this New gen. 

¡¡We are thousands!! and if we Like this and rise our voices we can do it.

8 minutes ago, AlucardSnakeXZ27 said:

That's why i specify by doing certain amount of games. Example once you've done MGS HD 2, 3 and MGS4 you won it, even if you miss Rising, Peace Walker, TPP.

The whole idea seems rather arbitrary. I'll pass.

I think it’s a reasonable suggestion. The very fact Sony has platinums unlike xbox achievements gave them an edge in my opinion. Adding another level would be kinda cool. Plus games that tend to offer the diamond would be mainstream or well deserving indie platforms, they wouldn’t be as “cheap” to acquire as some platinums. I would love for instance to have a diamond because I platinum’d dragon age origins, dragon age 2 and inquisition. Thanks for this suggestion! Don’t let other’s shoot down a proposal you took a long time to think up.

• Like 1

Not too keen on this suggestion myself.  For one, how it's being laid out sounds very arbitrary and biased towards popular games and also towards the popular entries in the series as well.  Then there's the issue of it going away when a new game is released.  And what about series that have entries not available in all regions?  Or what about series where not all the plats are currently obtainable?  How would ports of old games to newer consoles be treated?

Let me go ahead and give an example of where this could be a problem.  One series I enjoy, Trails/Kiseki has 9 games in total right now.  Only 3 of those games have been released in NA/EU.  So with this idea either the NA/EU players would be locked out of the diamond unless they import the other games, or the Japanese players would need to plat more games to get the same trophy.  Neither option really is fair to certain regions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I think it’s a reasonable suggestion. The very fact Sony has platinums unlike xbox achievements gave them an edge in my opinion. Adding another level would be kinda cool. Plus games that tend to offer the diamond would be mainstream or well deserving indie platforms, they wouldn’t be as “cheap” to acquire as some platinums. I would love for instance to have a diamond because I platinum’d dragon age origins, dragon age 2 and inquisition. Thanks for this suggestion! Don’t let other’s shoot down a proposal you took a long time to think up.

Yes, only good games and not Like some Ratalaika's for example.

16 hours ago, Mike13858 said:

I'd prefer if they just increase the level cap, even if I'll never reach level 100. If Sony doesn't care enough to do that, there is no way they would ever add another type of trophy.

Yeah, I Like your idea too. Both would be great.

This almost seems like something that would be better done as a feature of trophy trackers. TrueAchievements does something like this by allowing users to display series lists and the completion therein. There are other quality of life changes to the trophy system I'd rather see first over new features.

• Like 1