Montana "The Hearty Son of Aplia" Lore Challenge Easy Method

FOOTBALLNUT

For anyone who haven't done Montana "The Hearty Son of Aplia" Lore Challenges, which is "Take 1,000,000 damage", I may have discovered a new way to get the challenges done in under 10 minutes and NO split screen or second player is required. Everything will be done in solo.. Not sure if anyone find this exploits yet but I'll like to share this method to those that haven't done the 1 million damage lore challenge.

First set your team as max and your opponent team to 3 than choose to play on Incursion mode, and play normally while try to level up Montana as quick as possible until Level 6 and also try not to let the first Spider Sentry Drones die too quickly and DO NOT damage the sentry yourself just let your A.I partners do the damage and you watch from afar. After reaching level 6 with Montana, just kill yourself or let the enemy kill you so you can respawn back to the headquarters and this is where we'll be doing the new method.

Firstly we need to set up Montana Helix as the following:

Level 1 - "Dishin'It Out (Right Augment)

Level 2 - Doesn't matter which

Level 3 - "Pumped Up" (Left Augment)

Level 4 - "Firestorm" (Right Augment

Level 5 - Doesn't matter which but I choose "Hot-blooded" (Right Augment)

Level 6 - "Feeling The Burn (Right Augment)

After setting up, move Montana a bit away from respawn pod, then hold down :r2: button so that the Montana weapons will start firing until it overheating itself and because of the Level 6 Helix :"Feeling The Burn" Augment you just choose, it will also start to self-harming your character. . Just when you see Montana Shield been depleted completely, quickly move him onto the respawn pod while still holding down the :r2: button. And now he is self-harming by keep firing his overheating weapon and also at the same time it will self-healing by standing inside the respawn pod.

For the next part, quickly tapping your :r2: button constantly without letting your Shield bar fully regenerate. Work best if you have a turbo controller if not then you have to let the finger do the workout. Or you can start tapping your :r2: constantly once you see the Shield have been depleted and move Montana onto the respawn pod.

I have done all Montana Lore Challenge on my main account, so in this video I'm using my 2nd account to try out the method because I'm not too sure whether it is working or not. I remembered I doing Montana 1 million damage in a old fashion way on Incursion, after I was being kill by enemy and respawn back to base I take my chance and went for a restroom break, by the way I'm using a turbo controller at that moment, and I set my :r2: button oo turbo so the game won't kick me for in-active. And when I came back from the restroom, I notice a increase jump from 300,000 damage to 750,000+ damage during my toilet break which didn't took me more than 5 minute. You can also see from the video (Skip the video to 1:32), I started the match with just 18,000 damage in total, then within a minute or more I was like 64,000/1,000,000 and this prove the method really worked.

I'm not sure whether this method have been used anywhere or been found earlier as I couldn't find any source or videos related to this method, at least it doesn't require 2 player to do the "The Sentinel" ceiling trap damage method. I really hope this video will help some who is still struggle to finish Montana 1 million damage lore challenge. Recently the servers is not very stable so I hope everyone can have theirs Lore Challenges done as soon as possible before the servers shutdown on 31st January 2021, Good Luck! #staysafe #stayhome :)

Edited by FOOTBALLNUT
Add skip video...
  • Like 2

This isn't really any easier than the trap method.

The only difference is that this takes twice as long and you don't have to split screen. The amount of time it takes for you to get to Level 6 is much longer than getting to the traps and once you actually do get to the traps, the traps will do damage twice as fast as you doing damage to yourself.

At the end of the day, do what is more realistic for your mood and your commitment. If I didn't want to set up split screen, I certainly would do it this way. If I wanted to just knock it out on Normal Hardcore and be out of the game in 10-15 minutes, I would do the traps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this! This looks like it deals with the same glitch as Benedict's flying lore where if you complete the same lore over and over it starts to speed up exponentially. I personally used the traps method but I think these are both comparable in time it would take. 

I wonder if there are any other lores like this and Benedict that can be glitched to shorten the time.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:50 AM, dcdimitri7 said:

Thanks for sharing this! This looks like it deals with the same glitch as Benedict's flying lore where if you complete the same lore over and over it starts to speed up exponentially. I personally used the traps method but I think these are both comparable in time it would take. 

I wonder if there are any other lores like this and Benedict that can be glitched to shorten the time.

Benedict's flying lore actually triggers 1s every time you activate it. So if you tap glide 10 times in 1 second, it registers it as 10 seconds.

With a turbo controller, if you hold down the L2 button, you can actually finish Benedict's flight lore in less than 5 minutes.

• 3 months later...

This isn't working very well for me. I'm not sure how you're getting to level 6 so quickly but for me, of the half a dozen times I've played a match, I only got to level 6 once before my minions destroyed the opposite team and that one time, I only had a few minutes left so only did around 100k damage.