Mafia II: Definitive Edition

I've read nothing but terrible reviews for this trainwreck so avoid it like the plague. If you must buy Mafia 2, then get the PS3 original instead, because the remaster is riddled with serious technical problems, including frame rate issues, audio problems, texture pop-in, plus one of the trophies is unobtainable and several others are very buggy.

Yea its not very stable right now i crash every other mission , poor frame rate and shitty Audio. I would wait for a patch unless you're a big Fan like myself i couldn't help myself. Tbh even with all those problems i really enjoyed the story and the feel of the world. very poor remaster though.   I got the bundle so hopefully the Mafia remake will make it all worth it .

DO NOT BUY THIS WHATSOEVER! The majority of the trophies are glitched & unobtainable... I wanted to play Jimmy's Vendetta to get the 1,000 miles trophy outta the way... However, after playing through the DLC, I have gotten 100 headshots but no trophy. I have used every weapon in the DLC to kill enemies... No trophy. No only that but "The Enforcer" trophy, along with the plat is unobtainable. The game stutters a lot! I wish I didn't even buy this but luckily, I'm on a blank account trying to get the trophies/playing the game so the game isn't on my account yet. I almost have 1,000 miles in the DLC & super scared that the trophy won't pop too! If it doesn't, I'm done with this game & will not finish it or play it ever again. This is suppose to be a remaster... PS3 version is less buggy than this! Terrible! Makes me not want to get Mafia 1 either.

• Like 2

On Xbox One, there are still NO DLC achievements. It's been almost 2 weeks, so I imagine this is more likely to not be an error (or they just cba to sort it out). DLC is playable, just no achievements tied to it like PS4/Steam versions. Not complaining though!

UPDATE: Jinxed myself, went live on the weekend. Fortunately I have already got Explorer out of the way by idling as I've played DS on here!

Edited by PhantomFear94

18 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

From what I'm lead to believe, this is a remaster of the PC version which is where most of the issues have stemmed from.

I've played through the original PC version numerous times and I don't remember having any of the problems this botched port has. The issues stem from the dev team being absolutely incompetent, otherwise there would already be a patch.

I just have the broken Enforcer trophy to do now, so i'm shelving the game for now until that gets resolved. After putting about 45 hours into it I encountered the following:

• Frequent framerate drops when leaving a hideout/house & transitioning between map areas
  • Weird crackly sound during cut scene moments but stable sound with everything else
  • Sound drops during fist fights - e.g the sound of a punch connecting completely gone
  • On chapter 11 I stole a car with the :circle: method and the whole screen went black, showing only the mini-map in the bottom right. Ambient sound increased a few decibels and played at the same time. I closed the game down, restarted it, then every single chapter i loaded brought me to that same black screen. After about 5 or 6 tries, it righted itself, but for a moment, i thought it was an actual gamebreaker.
  • The mission where you have to warn Leo - the gate was completely broken and I had to restart the game a few times for it to work. When i did manage to do it, i had a couple of instances where the entire front of the house didn't load in and I clipped through the wall.

Nothing was gamebreaking, though it came close at points. It's a shame really, because it's a great game at it's core and some of the best music and voice acting i've seen in a game of its decade.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1