ERROR MESSAGE: Please log in to the PSN account used to download this game

IncreaseDark

Hey guys so I wanted to play this game before shutdown. 

I am from EU, so I got like 3 days late to download this game before it was removed from the EU store. 

I tried then downloading it with an US account, but when I wanted to play it with my EU account after starting it says the error message in the title. 

So it is clear to me what it says, but is there any way to play this game with my EU account? Or am I screwed for this?

Would really like to play it and would take any suggestions for workarounds. Thanks guys! ^^

2 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

As far as I know the only way to get around this is with a VPN.  It was the only way I was able to play Dragon's Dogma Online with a US account.

Thought about something like this, too. 

But could you give like a little step by step explanation? 

Like which VPN app should I use and how am I supposed to do get this working on the PS4? Is it possible. 

Would gladly appreciate it :)) 

I don't know what to tell you as far as which VPN to use, it took me forever to find a free japanese one that worked for me but I'm sure american ones are easier to come by.

So I guess step one is google free usa vpn or whatever.  Once you're good with that you just connect your laptop to your ps4 via ethernet/lan cable.  Set ps4 to wired connection if you were previously running wireless.  Start the VPN on your laptop and verify its working (japanese was easy because all google results came back as such).  Then set your laptop to share its internet connection via the ethernet/lan cable.  (This option will live in various different places within 'network' on your computer depending on windows version and whatnot)  And that should be it, you're now using your EU account from a NA ip and the game thinks yer merican!  lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IncreaseDark said:

I tried then downloading it with an US account, but when I wanted to play it with my EU account after starting it says the error message in the title. 

So it is clear to me what it says, but is there any way to play this game with my EU account?

You have 2 options try an VPN like DerelictSoul says or find someone who can share the game from an EU account. You simply can't play the us version with an EU connection, don't know why.

7 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You have 2 options try an VPN like DerelictSoul says or find someone who can share the game from an EU account. You simply can't play the us version with an EU connection, don't know why.

This is happening because the servers are region locked, due to the Devs placing an IP lockout on them to stop other regions from connecting to them.

8 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

I don't know what to tell you as far as which VPN to use, it took me forever to find a free japanese one that worked for me but I'm sure american ones are easier to come by.

So I guess step one is google free usa vpn or whatever.  Once you're good with that you just connect your laptop to your ps4 via ethernet/lan cable.  Set ps4 to wired connection if you were previously running wireless.  Start the VPN on your laptop and verify its working (japanese was easy because all google results came back as such).  Then set your laptop to share its internet connection via the ethernet/lan cable.  (This option will live in various different places within 'network' on your computer depending on windows version and whatnot)  And that should be it, you're now using your EU account from a NA ip and the game thinks yer merican!  lol

Great thanks man! 

I googled a while and found out the same way you explained me. But I saw that I should use payable VPN because free VPN maybe cannot hold a stable connection or something. 

Was somebody noticing the same thing? Or is it really no difference at all? 

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This is happening because the servers are region locked, due to the Devs placing an IP lockout on them to stop other regions from connecting to them.

Realized that, too. Tried creating another US account and I could play it then. Thought maybe it is acc blocked but it just the region. This really get on my nerves because I don't know why they are doing that >.<

Well I will try it out tomorrow. Will see if it gets a stable connection. :D

6 hours ago, IncreaseDark said:

Great thanks man! 

I googled a while and found out the same way you explained me. But I saw that I should use payable VPN because free VPN maybe cannot hold a stable connection or something.

I've never had any issues with any VPNs I've used for playstation, but I do tend to only use ips from colleges and whatnot so maybe those are more stable.

Sooo I tried it today but it just won't work really. 

I got access to US servers and I can see it because I can see exclusive Netflix content. 

But when I start Don't Even Think I only got the message:

Error Message: Failed to acquire the server list. 

Somebody knows what I can do with this message? 

I am trying out different servers but I just can't see what the problem might be? Help pls.