Farming Spy Drones for Mata Hari Manners

megslushboy

EDIT: Drones can be farmed in New Game +. If you find that farming drones using my below method doesn't work, simply start a NG+ run and find however many drones you still need. Happy hunting! 

I believe I have successfully farmed Spy Drones for the Mata Hari Manners. The video shows that I have not collected the 006 Intel (though since it's probably still bugged, it wouldn't be there anyways). I have included a video on Twitter.

Link to the tweet

Around collecting my 15th spy drone, I decided to save before getting it. After shooting it and collecting the intel 3 times, I continued on hunting at other locations. I believe the key is that you cannot farm your final spy drone over and over, but other drones beforehand may be farmed. 

I got the trophy on my 30th destroyed drone, even though I only have 27 intel (which fits since I farmed one drone three times). The follow up tweet in that thread is the screenshot from the trophy. I do not know why it doesn't show up in my video (maybe my privacy settings are weird?).

Edited by megslushboy
additional information for how to farm the drones for a trophy

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, megslushboy said:

I do not know. I did not do a NG+ run. 

I will try it out as I’m finishing off the complete guides for Rage 2. I did try and farm a singular drone 30 times at the beginning with no luck. My stats said 30 but no trophy so I don’t think they can be farmed. Or mine glitched. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yes I myself Got 26 Drones in my first play-through and for the life of me  in the beginning I couldn't shoot all and they got away ( best way to knock them down in one shot is rocket Launcher by quickly aiming at them "NOT WITH L2") so I started a new game and at first I couldn't find any I was like shit! then I started finding them and shot 4 and POP the trophy popped  I was so happy I cannot for the life of me get this damn Race track one the car is horrible. Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:33 PM, UnderworldofMMA said:

yes I myself Got 26 Drones in my first play-through and for the life of me  in the beginning I couldn't shoot all and they got away ( best way to knock them down in one shot is rocket Launcher by quickly aiming at them "NOT WITH L2") so I started a new game and at first I couldn't find any I was like shit! then I started finding them and shot 4 and POP the trophy popped  I was so happy I cannot for the life of me get this damn Race track one the car is horrible. Hope this helps

Hey, just wanted to include a tip for anyone having trouble with the ChazCar Derby.

I call it Boost Sprinting. When you hit the boost button, you gain a sudden burst of speed, and if you continue to hold the boost button, it kind of tapers off. However, if you press the boost briefly, release it, then press again, you can gain speed much faster than by just holding the boost button.

This is critical in case you hit a wall or slow down anywhere. I've gotten times as low as 2:50 after a few runs. Though this is much less useful in water for some reason. Luckily, most of the water on the track can be avoided if you boost sprint up the hills, off the ramps, and through the air.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for the Video!

In addition to the 40 drones in the video I found 2 more, maybe it will help someone, I had almost full map cleaned and still needed a few more.

Use focus to spot them first, I think also large explosions near them can set them of, I did not use reload save from the beginning and that cost me some additional time:

- Bridge of Ned in Torn Plains;

- Old Crow in Torn Plains;