A truly terrible game...

diskdocx

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 1:50 AM, ManifestDestinee said:

"United Space Force is literary worried about your existence, they are afraid of you."

Trophy descriptions say all I need to know about this game. 

I was just about to post this. I’ve seen people confuse lots of words, but “literally” and “literary” is a new one for me.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
19 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

$0.74 per the current sale.  Crappy and unfun is one thing, but crappy, unfun, and an easy plat places it in the 'hmm...maybe?' category.  Might be worth three quarters just to pop a few trophies.

Dude...?

If they put eating faeces into the Olympics, would the act really be worth it just to call yourself an Olympic medalist?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude...1f636.png

If they put eating faeces into the Olympics, would the act really be worth it just to call yourself an Olympic medalist?

I don't believe that is a comparable scenario, but your point is clear.  The current sale is too good to pass on too many other titles anyway, so I'll most likely pass on this one.

• Like 1

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

I don't believe that is a comparable scenario, but your point is clear.  The current sale is too good to pass on too many other titles anyway, so I'll most likely pass on this one.

Hyperbole, of course! 

To be clear, I have no issue with playing easy games (more than familiar with plenty of them myself, as my trophy list shows!), but deliberately playing bad easy games?

No thank you.

There are too many good easy games out there to justify that ;) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hyperbole, of course! 

To be clear, I have no issue with playing easy games (more than familiar with plenty of them myself, as my trophy list shows!), but deliberately playing bad easy games?

No thank you.

There are too many good easy games out there to justify that ;) 

You're correct, of course, on that point about an abundance of good, easy games.  Regarding easy games, other factors I consider are amount of trophies (21 here is acceptable, but nothing to get too excited about) and time to plat (30-90 minutes seems fair, even for a bad game).  An instant pass for this game would be fewer trophies or more time required... 

I'm overthinking this.  Birdcakes is a better option.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:56 AM, diskdocx said:

I guess it does take some effort to fuck up a space shooter. I mean, these have been pretty much impossible to screw up since Space Invaders. Fly ship. Shoot stuff.

I think they've tried again and succeeded. Blastful, another gem of the same caliber.

Alas all the games form this publisher seem to be absolutely fantastic, totally recommended. Gonna buy them all.

• 1 month later...

Yep, the game is crap. Even after reading your comments I thought that it's worth buying it just for an easy plat and due to the huge discount. The controls are bad, level design is as simple as a beta game and the overall experience is horrible. The worst thing is the movement itself - you constantly use the R2 button for a boost only to find out it's a very short one...so you end up using it all the time and it feels like you're not controlling a space fighter of any kind but rather a boat with rows. The third obstacle level is the worst of them all, "curseworthy" I'd say =) Even 1$ would be too much for such project (cause I wouldn't call it a game). I pity anyone who bought it for more than that. The devs couldn't even implement a basic level progression because every time you complete one, you end being put in the main menu.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The game or should I say bundle is on sale, you can have this game and a ton more for just $1.99 as a ps plus member!!! This will also then qualify you for 20points toward your Star Loyalty!

This bundle has 5 Full Games:
Memory Lane(Full Game)
Dreaming Canvas(Full Game)
JigSaw Solace(Full Game)
Fluxteria(Full Game)
Blastful(Full Game)

10 Dynamic Themes:
*4K Astronaut Theme
*4K Amazing Planet Theme
*4K Space Nebula Theme
*4K Lonely Astronaut Theme
*4K Floating Astronaut Theme