Speedrun times

44 minutes ago, Fuyuaki618 said:

I got a time of 03:11:06 which was enough to obtain both the 100% and any% trophies.

Ace! Do you have the trophy screenshots that you can post please? I'm trying to narrow down the gaps for the guide that's being written and would like to have the verification

Edited by Dreggit

52 minutes ago, Fuyuaki618 said:

I got a time of 03:11:06 which was enough to obtain both the 100% and any% trophies.

How did you get 100% so fast?? I’m nearing the end of my first playthrough, and it’s really annoying to me that the map doesn’t mark upgrades/caves you can’t get right away. It seems like a pain in the ass to go through every book and cranny to collect everything without any markers.

that being said, I was intimidated by the last 2 Shantae speedruns and they were cake. This is also by far the easiest Shantae game by a mile in my opinion anyways, so I’m sure speedruns are not too bad.

8 hours ago, Dreggit said:

Ace! Do you have the trophy screenshots that you can post please? I'm trying to narrow down the gaps for the guide that's being written and would like to have the verification

Of course!

EZbuiMbWoAEV9kM?format=jpg&name=large

EZbupDsXkAAVqjM?format=jpg&name=large

8 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

How did you get 100% so fast?? I’m nearing the end of my first playthrough, and it’s really annoying to me that the map doesn’t mark upgrades/caves you can’t get right away. It seems like a pain in the ass to go through every book and cranny to collect everything without any markers.

that being said, I was intimidated by the last 2 Shantae speedruns and they were cake. This is also by far the easiest Shantae game by a mile in my opinion anyways, so I’m sure speedruns are not too bad.

I used the map made by Demajen on the steamforums, and would mark off any collectibles I would get along the way so I would know for sure if I had them or not already. As others have said, cards do not count towards 100% so don't worry about those. Also, use the pause function whenever you need a breather!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dounew said:

5:35 got the 100% speedrun

5:59 didn't get it

Maybe sub 5:50 ?

I'll try to figure the time for the any%, let's go for another run :)

How do you know 05:59 didn't get it m8 of you had already gotten it.......does the game show win screens again if you have already earned them??

Iirc, on the last one, HGH, once you unlocked a win screen, you wouldnt see it anymore. Maybe this one is diffierent??

43 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

How do you know 05:59 didn't get it m8 of you had already gotten it.......does the game show win screens again if you have already earned them??

Yep the game shows the winning screen each time, it's usefull to determine which time is required.

1 hour ago, Dounew said:

Yep the game shows the winning screen each time, it's usefull to determine which time is required.

Ah thats good, I didnt think it would! Looking ahead, I was thinking I would have to use save backups before I unlocked the win screen to determine exact time limits.

Between 35mins and 59mins is a real weird on right, i'd say maybe its 45mins, just sounds better. But then cause its such a wierd time guess it could be anything, perhaps 52 mins xD

7 hours ago, Goikko said:

In the Steam forum some guy claimed to obtained the 100% speedrun with 5:49, so maybe the requierement is around 6 hours, pretty generous I think.

That's why i said sub 5:50 but couldn't test it. But yeah that's a strange number ^^

Btw the time for the any% speedrun is sub 4:00, got it at 3:54 but not at 4:02 :)

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 1:23 PM, Dounew said:

5:35 got the 100% speedrun

5:59 didn't get it

Maybe sub 5:50 ?

I'll try to figure the time for the any%, let's go for another run :)

Im not sure what has happened there m8, because on 06:09, I got the win screen for fastest 100%...........

You sure you didnt skip past that screen by mistake?

31 minutes ago, Dounew said:

I may have skip it if you got it with 6:09, my bad :(

That explain the strange number with 5:50 tho

I'll do it again after work to figure where was my mistake

Im running through on another account at the mo for guides, once done. I'll go back and test for 06:30 as Ive heard that mentioned (got a save at 100% 06:15).

Let us know once you do it, if you get done before me, will save me having to kill the end boss, ANOTHER 2 times xD. Guess whoever gets to done first will save the other ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I will tell you in about 2h

Edit : 6:04 got the 100% speedrun screen (sorry for my previous false information :()

6:37 didn't get it (double checked it this time)

It may be sub 6:30

I'm really sick of the last boss, after more than 10 encounter I don't wanna do it again like never !

Edited by Dounew

2 hours ago, Dounew said:

I will tell you in about 2h

Edit : 6:04 got the 100% speedrun screen (sorry for my previous false information :()

6:37 didn't get it (double checked it this time)

It may be sub 6:30

I'm really sick of the last boss, after more than 10 encounter I don't wanna do it again like never !

Me to m8 lol

Same, I got no 100% speedrun at 06:34, so looks like 06:30.

Iirc, on HGH, the any % was on the hour, and the 100% was xx:30.

I think 04:00 here for any % and 06:30 for 100% is safe.

I've just recorded a full platinum on a fresh, took just under 5 hours (i've had plenty of runs beforehand). Going to edit it into a 100% no heart run and also do a trophy guide I think if nobody is doing one.......??

I'm almost sure that those times are correct :)

I don't think that anybody will do a guide so feel free to do it, I'm sure it'll be a good one ?

What do you think about the difficulty ? Imo it's a 4/10, maybe 5/10 but definitly not more than that.

2 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

I finish the game on 4.32 at 100% and i only get 100% speed run non speed run is a glitch??? 

Any % Speedrun is 04:00:00. I have a 100% guide up on youtube btw, we get 37/39 trophies in 03:20:00, I will have it on here in the trophy guide once I get it done, don't want to make a thread for it all when they will be in the guide anyway.

In the meantime, this is one that may really help some now; 

Edited by Optinooby

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Any % Speedrun is 04:00:00. I have a 100% guide up on youtube btw, we get 37/39 trophies in 03:20:00, I will have it on here in the trophy guide once I get it done, don't want to make a thread for it all when they will be in the guide anyway.

In the meantime, this is one that may really help some now; 

Thx got platinum i recharge an old save at 2.30 and got last trophies and plat :D lucky me for copy an old save 

Edited by Neme-ita

On 6/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, Fuyuaki618 said:

As others have said, cards do not count towards 100% so don't worry about those.

Thank Lugia! I think that the speedrun trophy would have been impossible if you had to farm for Monster Cards. I've been trying to farm the bat guy(who came from Pirate's Curse, the guy who flaps about and tries to land on your head) and haven't gotten his card after 100 kills. :(

• 2 weeks later...