PSN Profile Review Participants

Goat King

2 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

You know what, go for it, man! My profile is yours to judge to your heart's content.

Gotcha on the list. You are 8th in line.

46 minutes ago, Helyx said:

If you're looking for dos, don'ts, or maybe inspiration, you could check out the throwback trophy reviews KingSuperOne used to produce on Youtube.

I've seen him. He actually reviewed my profile some time back. Then I saw Lawless_Llama's reviews and decided that I liked the idea and wanted to do it myself.

2 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

Hmm I'd like to watch other profiles you review for now, maybe in the future though. I like the idea, it could definitely gain traction with the community.

Thank you. Just let me know if/when you want to be added to the wait list.

4 hours ago, GoatKillham said:

Alright the newest review is up. Thanks everyone for the support.

I can definitely tell each video is getting better and better. I'm actually surprised with your knowledge of a lot of different games. Very cool. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I think I have a pretty unique and weird profile.

Out of curiosity would you ask for explanations as to why some plats were platted? A lot of my profile has stories behind it that explain why certain games were done at certain times :)

I actually DO contact those who I am reviewing (I usually do so around the week of the review) and ask them if they have anything interesting they want to share about themselves or their profiles. Some people are just more private and sometimes I just forget things while talking in the review. I think what I learned from the latest video is to write more stuff down so I don't lose my train of thought.  

Do you want me to add to the wait list?

8 minutes ago, GoatKillham said:

I actually DO contact those who I am reviewing (I usually do so around the week of the review) and ask them if they have anything interesting they want to share about themselves or their profiles. Some people are just more private and sometimes I just forget things while talking in the review. I think what I learned from the latest video is to write more stuff down so I don't lose my train of thought.  

Do you want me to add to the wait list?

Yeah because I have 300 plats so there is no reason to go through all of them but there is a lot of stories behind a majority of them so it would be fun to share those.

Sure put me on your list.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah because I have 300 plats so there is no reason to go through all of them but there is a lot of stories behind a majority of them so it would be fun to share those.

Sure put me on your list.

Very good. Right now you are number 10 on the wait list so you got plenty of time before your review. I appreciate your participation doctor.

21 minutes ago, GoatKillham said:

Very good. Right now you are number 10 on the wait list so you got plenty of time before your review. I appreciate your participation doctor.

Great :) Hopefully that gives me time to get to 300...unless the organization takes me down before then...they are always after my milestones trying to ruin them :(

Thank you very much for the review!

I'll definitely check out the batman and life is strange series once I'm done with the yakuza serie.

For the non-completed games and DLC's they all are in my possession and waiting in my backlog, exept Street Fighter 4 which I don't have anymore.

Merci beaucoup pour la review. Signé: Clarink L'achévement RPG :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

I'm genuinely enjoying these videos, man - keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to your video on my profile. :)

Thank you. We appreciate your support. Currently you are number on the wait list.

Newest video is up: 

Join us next time when we review. Crzy_Minus

I still recall KingSuperOne reviewing your account, glad to see you're making your own review videos. Hit me up, I like to hear what other people think of my trophies.

6 minutes ago, Hunter226444 said:

This reminds me of staypationt when he was making videos still. I remember he had a series similar to this.

I miss him. Enjoyed the trophy walkthroughs he made.. clear, concise and to the point. Very easy to follow along.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hunter226444 said:

This reminds me of staypationt when he was making videos still. I remember he had a series similar to this.

Yeah what I'm doing is nothing new, KingSuperOne did a review of my profile back when, and Lawless_llama does something similar.

I kind of didn't like the way King did his because how scored his reviews (he did an out of 10 scoring) seemed to be more arbitrary than it should of been and felt that his approach didn't give enough credit to gamers with lower trophy counts or lists with easier plats. (For the record I feel his review of my profile was perfectly fair for the status it at the time.)

Lllama convinced me to start doing my own as his videos really renew my interest in the concept and personally he's a great guy. His vids were more laid back focusing on support rather than ranking and he seems to be better at offering positive support than SuperOne. 

Making my videos I've been trying to incorporate ideas and practices from both creators and get something that be both supportive and yet still foster some amount of initiative through ranking. I tried to create my only 10 points scale based solely on math of stats but found there were to many variables to create something that would be fair so I settled on creating titles for each gamer based on the nuances, skill, effort, and personal quirks on display in the profiles.

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

I still recall KingSuperOne reviewing your account, glad to see you're making your own review videos. Hit me up, I like to hear what other people think of my trophies.

I miss him. Enjoyed the trophy walkthroughs he made.. clear, concise and to the point. Very easy to follow along.

Glad to see some people who viewed that are now viewing my content. I got you on the waitlist right now (per the video comments.) You are number 11. Thank you for participating. 

Edited by GoatKillham

2 hours ago, GoatKillham said:

Yeah what I'm doing is nothing new, KingSuperOne did a review of my profile back when, and Lawless_llama does something similar.

I kind of didn't like the way King did his because how scored his reviews (he did an out of 10 scoring) seemed to be more arbitrary than it should of been and felt that his approach didn't give enough credit to gamers with lower trophy counts or lists with easier plats. (For the record I feel his review of my profile was perfectly fair for the status it at the time.)

Lllama convinced me to start doing my own as his videos really renew my interest in the concept and personally he's a great guy. His vids were more laid back focusing on support rather than ranking and he seems to be better at offering positive support than SuperOne. 

Making my videos I've been trying to incorporate ideas and practices from both creators and get something that be both supportive and yet still foster some amount of initiative through ranking. I tried to create my only 10 points scale based solely on math of stats but found there were to many variables to create something that would be fair so I settled on creating titles for each gamer based on the nuances, skill, effort, and personal quirks on display in the profiles.

You had to give Stay Pationt a little Patreon money for him to review you, but what he made were quality reviews. I missed my opportunity to do so, and I miss his content.

KingSuperOne was one of the first guys to review trophy accounts on YouTube. CMH777 aka Carlohas (who now plays on his PSN account Carlo-Fu) adopted a similar but more aggressive style of reviewing, for a time he made 'Trophy List Roasts' which he outright blasted people if they had low completion rate and overly easy games.

Reviewing in the form of Stay Pationt is the better approach.

2 hours ago, GoatKillham said:

Glad to see some people who viewed that are now viewing my content. I got you on the waitlist right now (per the video comments.) You are number 11. Thank you for participating. 

That gives me time to do some 'hard' games, so you'll definitely like what I have.

• Like 1