Goat King

PSN Profile Review Participants

85 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GoatKillham said:

Yeah what I'm doing is nothing new, KingSuperOne did a review of my profile back when, and Lawless_llama does something similar.

I kind of didn't like the way King did his because how scored his reviews (he did an out of 10 scoring) seemed to be more arbitrary than it should of been and felt that his approach didn't give enough credit to gamers with lower trophy counts or lists with easier plats. (For the record I feel his review of my profile was perfectly fair for the status it at the time.)

Lllama convinced me to start doing my own as his videos really renew my interest in the concept and personally he's a great guy. His vids were more laid back focusing on support rather than ranking and he seems to be better at offering positive support than SuperOne. 

Making my videos I've been trying to incorporate ideas and practices from both creators and get something that be both supportive and yet still foster some amount of initiative through ranking. I tried to create my only 10 points scale based solely on math of stats but found there were to many variables to create something that would be fair so I settled on creating titles for each gamer based on the nuances, skill, effort, and personal quirks on display in the profiles.

You had to give Stay Pationt a little Patreon money for him to review you, but what he made were quality reviews. I missed my opportunity to do so, and I miss his content.

KingSuperOne was one of the first guys to review trophy accounts on YouTube. CMH777 aka Carlohas (who now plays on his PSN account Carlo-Fu) adopted a similar but more aggressive style of reviewing, for a time he made 'Trophy List Roasts' which he outright blasted people if they had low completion rate and overly easy games.

Reviewing in the form of Stay Pationt is the better approach.

2 hours ago, GoatKillham said:

Glad to see some people who viewed that are now viewing my content. I got you on the waitlist right now (per the video comments.) You are number 11. Thank you for participating. 

That gives me time to do some 'hard' games, so you'll definitely like what I have.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:33 AM, GoatKillham said:

Newest review is live. enjoy! 

Very good review. 

So I’m basically #10 - 11 on the waiting list? 

I should have Assassin’s Creed Odyssey done by then.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Very good review. 

So I’m basically #10 - 11 on the waiting list? 

I should have Assassin’s Creed Odyssey done by then.

Yes right now you are number 10. There was no vid last weekend due to family stuff but new review should be up on Aug 2nd.

I was sent here by word of mouth, this is very interesting 🧐 definitely count me in for this!

On 7/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, Sebastian said:

I was sent here by word of mouth, this is very interesting 🧐 definitely count me in for this!

Alright, I’ll add your name to the list

Newest video is up. Enjoy! 

On 03/08/2020 at 11:30 AM, GoatKillham said:

Alright, I’ll add your name to the list

Newest video is up. Enjoy! 

VoxAnimi has one of the most unique lists I've seen. Good job!

Hey everyone some quick updates. I know I’m very late with the next review and appreciate everyone’s patients (especially those who are waiting to be reviewed). The last last month has been crazy with the loss of my uncle, taking care of family, and recent promotion at work. I am still doing the reviews but ask for you continued patient as my new work schedule has been very demanding and taking a lot of time from my gaming and doing the reviews which I love. Please stayed tune for a new review.....soon

Add me to the list! Just keep the Ratalaika politics to a minimum if you can, I’ve posted in several threads defending them haha!

Also, sorry for your loss, and congrats on your new promotion. This idea is incredible and keep up the great work.

Well sounds like you had a lot going on. Your real life should always take priority.

Sorry about your uncle.

You haven't made a review in over two months @GoatKillham. I'm just wondering if anything is going on.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

You haven't made a review in over two months @GoatKillham. I'm just wondering if anything is going on.

I know I know, I haven't been able to get a video out in some time and for that I am sorry.

I recently have been going through a lot of life changes (a promotion and more responsibilities at work which includes a constantly changing schedule) which have caused a few unwanted sleepless nights and stress, all while at the same time dealing with family stuff, a car accident which has caused several headaches, some other stuff, and i'm still working with a pretty old (at least by tech standards) computer.

As with the rest of this year things have been messed up, but we're getting through it.

But rest assured I still fully intend to continue with reviews as soon as I am able. I'm actually really excited to do so with the recent changing in the level system

Surprising my schedule should become more regular as we move into the holiday season. I have few weeks in November off from work, and since traveling is out of the question, I should have plenty of free time (outside of the time I plan of investing into playing CyberPunk 2077 and AC: Valhalla) in which I plan to do multiple reviews. 

I ask you to continue to be patient. I love doing the reviews and it pains me that I haven't been able to do one in a while. I still have the list of everyone who has requested a review and plan on following through on doing them. It's just....adulting comes first....I gagged typing that sentence, yuck.....any who, again please be patient and thank you for continued interest and support in this thing of mine.

Yeah I know I know. I’ve had a pretty shitty situation on my end too with the mess going on. I can’t even get a job now, so you should be thankful you got one. 

The reason I’m responding is I think you and @Lawless_Llama have done a fantastic job in reviewing other peoples trophy lists, without being overly judge mental. I understand being a Youtuber and editing videos and all that jazz is a lot of work. I still inspire to be one but I will never make it a job, I just want to do it as a hobby. Even so it’s a lot of work, so I appreciate when guys come up with original content like what you’ve made.

Best of luck and stay safe. You can’t always get what you want with life. You just have to roll with the punches and look forward to another day.

You can review mine if you like. I'm curious to know what you think about it.

If you do decide to review my profile, please send me the link to the video you make so I can watch and leave a like!

You can add me to the list. No rush I know you got a lot going on. Plus gives me more time to clean up my list. 😌

On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Tora Chan said:

You can review mine if you like. I'm curious to know what you think about it.

If you do decide to review my profile, please send me the link to the video you make so I can watch and leave a like!

On 10/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, Super_Mep said:

You can add me to the list. No rush I know you got a lot going on. Plus gives me more time to clean up my list. 1f60c.png

I got you guys. Also REVIEW INCOMING!

6 hours ago, Goat King said:

I got you guys. Also REVIEW INCOMING!

Right on man!!

I’m not usually into that kind of things, yet I had fun listening to your reviews. If you’re feeling like giving a whirl at dissecting another frog[’s profile], be my guest. :)

5 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

I’m not usually into that kind of things, yet I had fun listening to your reviews. If you’re feeling like giving a whirl at dissecting another frog[’s profile], be my guest. :)

I'll add you to the list.