Playing online without trophies

nudoetcrudo

I want to play some games online with friends, but I don't want to unlock any trophy, because these would be games I am not going to plat and I want all plat games on my profile (yes, that's a bit of OCD).

What's the best way to handle this? Can I "disable trophies"? Should I make a second account? What if some games require PS+? Would I be able to still play them even with the second account?

Thanks, I am very new to playing online :D

On 1/6/2020 at 10:24 PM, DaivRules said:

Second account. You’ll be able to play online if the Primary account has Plus. 

One more thing.

I bought the game (PES 2020) with my main account (this one). Never started it.

Then I created a second account and logged in my PS4. I started PES with my second account.

However, PES now appears on my main account, both here on psnprofiles and my.playstation.com profile.

Is it normal? Is it because it's installed on my PS4? Or did I have to buy it with the second account?

Luckily it's still 0% so I removed it, but I want to be sure that when I play with my second account no trophy pops for my main.

Thanks again.

47 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

One more thing.

I bought the game (PES 2020) with my main account (this one). Never started it.

Then I created a second account and logged in my PS4. I started PES with my second account.

However, PES now appears on my main account, both here on psnprofiles and my.playstation.com profile.

Is it normal? Is it because it's installed on my PS4? Or did I have to buy it with the second account?

Luckily it's still 0% so I removed it, but I want to be sure that when I play with my second account no trophy pops for my main.

Thanks again.

Trophies only show up on the account you’re playing on. Launching a game will add it at 0% to the profile it’s launched on. This happens with all games and you can delete the 0% games from your list on your PS4. As long as you don’t play on that account with that game, you will not earn trophies. 

Before playing on your second account have you first disconnected from your main account? Maybe it’s the reason why.

Seems it’s possible to unlock trophies on more than one account at the same time on the same ps4 if some account are not disconnected. But I am not very sure about it, or maybe it depends games.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 0:05 AM, Sombroff said:

Before playing on your second account have you first disconnected from your main account? Maybe it’s the reason why.

Seems it’s possible to unlock trophies on more than one account at the same time on the same ps4 if some account are not disconnected. But I am not very sure about it, or maybe it depends games.

I was switching user, so my main was still logged in. I tried disconnecting and it seems to work. What I did first was:

- Hold home button, go to "power" and then switch user. 

- Launch PES from my secondary account.

- Close game.

- Switch user again (back to main).

- Synch trophies.

- PES appears as 0% on main.

Now instead of switching user I disconnected my main before launching PES, and PES does not appear in my trophy list.

However, I cannot find any player for online matches, which makes me think if I can play online at all if my main (with PS+) is disconnected.

I tried with my main, and I was able to find an opponent.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks anyway, because at least PES does not appear on my main anymore!

Edited by nudoetcrudo

If you use "switch user", you'll log into another account, but launching a game will add the trophy list to all accounts that are logged in. You need to completely sign out of the account(s) you don't want trophies on.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

If you use "switch user", you'll log into another account, but launching a game will add the trophy list to all accounts that are logged in. You need to completely sign out of the account(s) you don't want trophies on.

Damn, I didnt knew that. The more you know...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...