charxsetsuna

Do you listen to background noise while going for trophies?

43 posts in this topic

And if you do what do you listen to? I sometimes use youtube videos but recently I've started having twitch speedruns on in the background.

Mainly arcus but some other runners too like hypnoshark who streams earlier in the day when most people aren't.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Podcasts or music.

 

95% of my gaming has podcasts or music on with it. The other 5% is the rare time I care about story lol.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the game, when i'm grinding for something, or just running around looking for collectibles i usually listen to music or podcast, never tried youtube videos or streams, since they're more visual, i feel like they would take my attention away from the game 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the game really. Some of them I’d rather focus on to make sure I don’t miss the missable, but on stuff like sports games yep. It’s either youtube or podcasts for me. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Podcasts or music.

 

95% of my gaming has podcasts or music on with it. The other 5% is the rare time I care about story lol.

Yeah me too, games like final fantasy 13 that I'm currently playing I make sure to listen to the game because I actually care about the story in that game. Plus the music is good and the voice acting mostly good.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do this all the time when I'm cleaning up miscellaneous trophies or grinding for something after finishing the game's story, or sometimes even when I'm attempting a hard trophy or doing a second playthrough in certain games.

 

I usually listen to my favourite channel, Playstation Access, on Youtube. I specifically find Rob's Friday Features to be very relaxing..or pretty much any video where he's speaking. It calms me down which is very helpful especially when I'm doing something tedious or difficult within the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember hearing to sia’s gasoline while attempting ultimate battler(the one fight you have to win 24 opponents with 1 health meter) on injustice and guess what?after 1

month of trying I sat one night and put my headphones to iPhone and start listening this song on repeat and I finally did it.

I believe it helps a lot and take out the stress.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any grindy bits or collectibles I exclusively listen to the entire catalogue of Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington podcasts. Over the years I've probably listened to them all around 20 times. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silence for me. Well... whatever noises the family is making.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I was grinding levels in Tomb Raider multiplayer solo, I threw the complete Jimquisition playlist into Playbackloop to go from earliest to latest. Can't remember where it stopped by the time I reached my goal. It was so mindless I was actually able to almost totally focus on the videos and still reach my goal without issue.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Custom music playlists. Usually, since have nice huge library, combine themed tracks and enjoy advanced soundtrack. 

 

Worth to mention, after playing Dark Souls, usually enjoy playing some games in "natural" ambient, really like that kind of silence.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's grindy and I don't have to pay attention to in-game noise, I just boot up Spotify and listen to music.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on what I’m doing. I had to listen to music when I was going for paramedic 12 in GTA Vice City because the siren was incredibly annoying. Or some monotonous tasks I’ll have something on in the background while I grind away. Most of the time though I don’t have anything else playing in the background.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only done it once.  When grinding out the Lily Trophy in Neptuna U.  Threw on the RT podcast that week.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First playthrough I listen to the game audio. Second or more I usually listen to something else.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm really into the game then I don't but otherwise if I'm going for collectibles or just wandering around I will listen to or watch videos.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll normally throw on a speedrun, some music or a random podcast depending on the mood im in, normally do this when grinding getting collectables in open world games, or boosting.

 

35 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Yeah me too, games like final fantasy 13 that I'm currently playing I make sure to listen to the game because I actually care about the story in that game. Plus the music is good and the voice acting mostly good.

tbh i found the game more enjoyable when i just watched the vod online without the gameplay. ;) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only on replays or grinding.

 

I spent the entire time on my Mass Effect: Andromeda 'Insanity Run' listening to Nine Inch Nails, Metric and Muse.

It kept me sane. 😃

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, barring some peculiar counter examples, if the soundtrack or the sound effects are so bad that I'd have to listen to something else, I'd figure I should play another game... So basically, I listen to what the game has to offer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put on music everytime I grind, like doing the same thing over and over for hours, for multiple days. It helps passing the time and makes it somehow enjoyable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, I'm trying to completely immerse myself into the game without any distractions.

 

I do listen to some podcasts or watch YouTube vids while grinding mindless stuff, though. Farming Adamantoises in FF XIII comes to mind.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually I listen to the game audio with my headphones.

 

Whenever I’m playing a game that doesn’t have a story and I’ve played it for tons of hours already (Monster Hunter World, Payday 2, etc.), I already know all of the sounds so I don’t feel bad about not listening to a monster’s death screech for the 10 millionth time. In that case, I’ll either sit in silence or listen to lofi music.

 

Usually, I’ll grind at night and that’s when I throw on the lofi. It makes for some pretty chill nights and I love it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotify

 

Got my own custom playlist for the grindy parts only. Otherwise I’m just focused on the game and its audio.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually just listen to the game's soundtrack while playing unless it's unbelievably bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only do this if there's a monotonous grind ahead of me. If I have to rubber band a controller for a trophy I generally listen to a podcast or watch YouTube videos or Twitch.tv livestreams.

 

The last time I did this was for Driveclub, all other games I've played since I've listened to the music in game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.