Do you listen to background noise while going for trophies?

Depends on the game, when i'm grinding for something, or just running around looking for collectibles i usually listen to music or podcast, never tried youtube videos or streams, since they're more visual, i feel like they would take my attention away from the game 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Podcasts or music.

95% of my gaming has podcasts or music on with it. The other 5% is the rare time I care about story lol.

Yeah me too, games like final fantasy 13 that I'm currently playing I make sure to listen to the game because I actually care about the story in that game. Plus the music is good and the voice acting mostly good.

I do this all the time when I'm cleaning up miscellaneous trophies or grinding for something after finishing the game's story, or sometimes even when I'm attempting a hard trophy or doing a second playthrough in certain games.

I usually listen to my favourite channel, Playstation Access, on Youtube. I specifically find Rob's Friday Features to be very relaxing..or pretty much any video where he's speaking. It calms me down which is very helpful especially when I'm doing something tedious or difficult within the game.

• Like 1

I remember hearing to sia’s gasoline while attempting ultimate battler(the one fight you have to win 24 opponents with 1 health meter) on injustice and guess what?after 1

month of trying I sat one night and put my headphones to iPhone and start listening this song on repeat and I finally did it.

I believe it helps a lot and take out the stress.

While I was grinding levels in Tomb Raider multiplayer solo, I threw the complete Jimquisition playlist into Playbackloop to go from earliest to latest. Can't remember where it stopped by the time I reached my goal. It was so mindless I was actually able to almost totally focus on the videos and still reach my goal without issue.

• Like 1

It depends on what I’m doing. I had to listen to music when I was going for paramedic 12 in GTA Vice City because the siren was incredibly annoying. Or some monotonous tasks I’ll have something on in the background while I grind away. Most of the time though I don’t have anything else playing in the background.

i'll normally throw on a speedrun, some music or a random podcast depending on the mood im in, normally do this when grinding getting collectables in open world games, or boosting.

35 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Yeah me too, games like final fantasy 13 that I'm currently playing I make sure to listen to the game because I actually care about the story in that game. Plus the music is good and the voice acting mostly good.

tbh i found the game more enjoyable when i just watched the vod online without the gameplay. ;) 

Usually I listen to the game audio with my headphones.

Whenever I’m playing a game that doesn’t have a story and I’ve played it for tons of hours already (Monster Hunter World, Payday 2, etc.), I already know all of the sounds so I don’t feel bad about not listening to a monster’s death screech for the 10 millionth time. In that case, I’ll either sit in silence or listen to lofi music.

Usually, I’ll grind at night and that’s when I throw on the lofi. It makes for some pretty chill nights and I love it.

I only do this if there's a monotonous grind ahead of me. If I have to rubber band a controller for a trophy I generally listen to a podcast or watch YouTube videos or Twitch.tv livestreams.

The last time I did this was for Driveclub, all other games I've played since I've listened to the music in game.

• Like 1