(SPOILERS) Can we talk about how much this sucked now?

I think they basically copy and pasted ff13's style of let the game play itself and had a crapy story as well but that is me, I only played the demo and I saw videos of the game and it looks bad because the dev of kh thought it would be good to do nothing but fan service up the ass for sephiroth randomly popping up everywhere and so on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I thought Remake implied they were re-making the story in any way they choose. It wasn’t a Remaster, where they take the original assets and tune them up. 

Your second point seems like a problem for their marketing team and less of a good reason not to enjoy the game you played. You’re holding unknowns against the known experience you just had. 

I agree with this, changing the story isn't a big deal at all. It's actually exciting to have a mysterious Nomura project around that isn't Kingdom Hearts for once. We don't know what's gonna happen and I think that's kinda cool since the game is gonna be episodic

• Like 4

Square hasn't learned their lesson from FF13 unfortunately. 

While I only watched, and the shift from turn based rpg to the cookie cutter arpg is another argument, it's ominous they decided to go with  this episodic take,  just like they decided to shat out not one, but two sequels to the mediocre received FF13  at the time, they're repeating themselves now, and even worse, I can't image less than AT LEAST three parts, the fanbase will burn itself out quickly before the finishing line.

• Like 2

It seems like most people either accepted or wanted the game to change which in itself is strange to me. To be clear, adding to the story is what was supposed to be good about this game. Changing the story is what concerns me. We are at 10% of the whole game and they have already deviated off course. It was going in the same flow until chapter 17 and 18. You take away the "Whispers", Sephiroth, and saving Biggs and Wedge then this is a Remaster not a Remake.

The ending to this first part basically sets the tone for them doing whatever they want from here on out. If your thought is that chapter 18 sucked, guess what? The future iterations of the game will go even harder in that direction. 10% of the game and Zack, Biggs, Wedge, and (probably) Jessie are alive. The "ghosts of fate" can no longer prevent the directors and producers from altering what the story is supposed to be. If people continue to enjoy it, great. I just see it falling apart and interest will eventually be lost on getting to the end of this story. The story and how it was told from the previous game is what kept it alive despite it being graphically atrocious. Already there are out of place spectacle battles, a convoluted plot device with fate, and some kind of multiverse. It does not bode well.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Void said:

That first sentence sounds more like a re-Imagining than a remake.

I think most people wanted something akin to Shadow of the Colossus PS4 a shot for shot remake or a Director's Cut remake like Resident Evil 1. I still have yet to play FF7R so I cannot judge it, It is on the gamefly list so when it ships I will play it then.

I hate the term "re-imagining"

A remake is the same key points of the story with some minor changes.

A re-imagining is a remake that doesnt closely follow the source material.

In this case, supporting characters living instead of dying would be a minor change. It doesn't change the key points of the story.

Example of a re-imagining would be Aerith living and Tifa dying.  Those are 2 major characters, and said change would affect multiple parts of the storyline

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

:( Yes, that's how this makes me feel. They can do whatever they want, but it's certainly nowhere near what I wanted. I will probably play it, eventually. Kinda gave up on Square a long time ago though. It's just not the stuff I fell in love with anymore.

Hey M don't give up. Get back on Final Fantasy VII Remake and capture the platinum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bos10George said:

Soon they will have to release the next part and then they won't be able to call it just "FFVII Remake" with the exact box art from the original full game. There will be either a DLC expansion or a new game called FF7 Remake Part 2. The uninformed that thought this was the complete original aren't going to drop more money for the next 2+ installments. Those that never played the original and bought this thinking "hey, now I can play this game I heard so much about" will either not finish the game because they were never interested in the first place (only 50% have actually finished the game as per PSN trophy percentage currently) or they will actually finish it and wonder what the hell actually happened because the ending makes little sense.

This is what I was curious about, I played the OG years back and remember misplacing the discs and the frantic search among all my PS1 cases. I mean SE has been full-on nostalgia/remake(aster) business lately. To me this seems like little more than buying a couple of years with spread out full price sequels for what was a single game.

Count me in as "uninformed" in that regard but it feels EA-dy as feck.

For me I think they are not replacing the original game or trying to forget it exist but making a new game with what ifs scenario. 

And look at the bright side they put more thought on it than any other remakes.

Edited by Kpppp-2B9SA2
  • Like 1