3000th trophy changed

I've discovered a peculiar issue and I'm wondering if there is an explanation.

I've been very particular about what trophies I earned as milestones, especially the "Every 500th" milestone. To be best of my knowledge, the 3000th trophy I earned was the platinum trophy for Borderlands (PS3). I'm almost certain that it has always been this way until today. But now I notice that a trophy from Resident Evil 6 is now registered as my 3000th trophy.

This concerns me a little bit as I frequent the Disputes threads to get a good laugh out of some of the terrible excuses for cheating. In my perusals, I noticed that there is something called CFW that can apparently change timestamps to changed dates trophies are earned, but this is easily flagged by the site as differences between when trophies are first synced and what they are synced to currently are easily detected by mods.

I must insist that I have never used such a device or program or whatever it is that can be used to manipulate trophy syncs, nor do I ever cheat fullstop. None of my trophies have been flagged and I remain ranked and on the leaderboards so no anomalies have been detected until now, by myself. I also have no hidden trophies or games that would change the order that I earned games in.

I may have found the problem but I could use some confirmation- God of War on the PS Vita. The collection on the Vita is notorious for trophy issues but I just want to explain myself and see if this caused my issue.

I first booted up the game on my Slim PS Vita. The trophy you earn for dying enough times to be offered to play on 'Easy' and winning the first Minotaur fight were awarded on April 7th. The problem is, there was a trophy that was supposed to be earned between those- for acquiring the Poseidon's Rage power, which glitched and wasn't given to me [EDIT: there was another trophy that I also fulfilled the requirements for but wasn't awarded- the minigame you partake in with those two ladies on your boat]. I also realised that the right thumbstick on the Vita wasn't working so I decided to not sync my trophies and to give up the game until I acquired a functional Vita. I eventually acquired a PS TV and when I set up on that, the trophies were still not synced, but I discovered that the game wasn't giving me the trophy for being offered Easy. I tried to delete and reinstall the game but that was not working. I eventually looked in the activities tab and saw that the system recognised me having earned those previous trophies even though I had not synced them- they were not showing up for me as earned on PSN or PSNProfiles. I deleted these activities and sure enough the game started letting me earn those trophies again, and I was able to earn them all in proper order. However, now the site now all of a sudden seems to have registered those trophies earned on April 7th. I'm concerned because the trophies would have actually first synced to the site on May 10th when I played it through, but somehow the trophies appear to have synced from the original device even though I do not believe I have used that Slim PS Vita since then. 

I want to stress that my issue is not with the milestones being messed up- it's annoying but I can live with it. My concern is that these trophies might show up as synced wrongly and in such a way as to show CFW or imitating CFW. It also seems to align with a recent debate on late syncs even though it isn't quite the same thing. I would just like confirmation as well as a point of reference should I be flagged in the future for this.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

I'd agree but I'll see what mods/ CRT have to say about it, I'd like to be able to keep my full set of God of War platinums as well as not hide trophies since this is in fact all because of a glitch and my attempt to rectify it, all of which is legit and did not involve a single hack or function outside of what is actually a part of the system- the game's trophies are known to be glitchy. I shall see if I can uncover evidence if needs be and even try to replicate it on dummy accounts if the CRT require me to. 

• Like 1

I understand and I hope CRT can help you, and if what you did is wrong I hope they will not flag you before to explain you what's wrong

in my opinion it's just much more simple to hide anything that give you any kind of trouble, yes you will loose some trophies on this website compare to your real psn profile, yes it will mess up many of your milestones, and yes many players will think you are maybe someone weird (in best case) or a cheater (in worst case), but at least it's still you that manage your account as you want, and don't have to stress and argue about anything to anyone

should not care about what other people think as long as you know that what you do is right

any way I hope you can resolve your problem soon

• Like 1

You're correct -- it was indeed God of War (Vita) that caused this. It's likely not the original Vita's fault, as GoW is known to glitch.  The original Vita was definitely synced somehow, and I'm while I'm not entirely sure, I'm guessing a fix Sly did yesterday around the time of your post may have updated the order according to PSN. Doesn't really look like CFW or have enough indicators.

• Like 2