Don’t get this game

OmegaRejectz

Simple as that. Don’t support Avalanche Studios. The game has had game breaking bugs since launch & were never fixed, and of course WB support gave the middle finger to anyone who contacted them. It’s not worth your time, money or any attention really. Probably not worth supporting their future games as well. 

Thank you 190/191 Scavenger glitch/ 226/227 Scavenger Locations glitch :(

• Like 1

Which scrap have you got the glitch on? Mine had a glitch where it showed one I had already obtained, inside a tunnel by the dump. 

However after deleting and reinstalling, it changed to show the one I was missing. So maybe give that a try instead.

Apart from the panic as well of having to start over, I loved this game, thought it was one of the best movie to game adaptations.

Edited by groomyboy
Typo

I haven't beat this game yet, but this is definitely one of the most boring games ever made. All you can do in game:

Drive to location -> Scavenge resources/Fight same enemies/Pick up some collectibles. That is it.

I knew this game is bullshit when it started with action-packed cut-scene (instead of playble intro for a moment?) and then they just give you weakest 6-hours tutorial possible. Nice game design, Sleepy Max for sure.

• Like 1

I already have this game, what should I do? :S

Edit. Just so no one else quotes me, this was a joke reply. OP says don’t get this game but I already have it so should I return it or not play it at all just because of one persons opinion? I am of course going to play it and I’m well aware of how buggy/glitchy it is.

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

there a single scavenger that creates miss. please, refer this video 

luckily I read about before starting the game which usually I do if wanted to hunt the platinum. 

31 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Simple as that. Don’t support Avalanche Studios. The game has had game breaking bugs since launch & were never fixed, and of course WB support gave the middle finger to anyone who contacted them. It’s not worth your time, money or any attention really. Probably not worth supporting their future games as well. 

Thank you 190/191 Scavenger glitch/ 226/227 Scavenger Locations glitch :(

this game is good that I want a sequel to it. it has a good concept for open-world 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

It's a pretty fun game, it got bugs, some trophies have a chance to glitch out on you, but the game itself is good. But if you care that much for trophies you should skip it, there's no guarantee that it won't glitch, simply because there's like 4 or 5 challenges that counts your progress towards scavenger locations, each challenge is unlocked by completing the previous one, If you die a few seconds after you have completed a location, the counter on your active challenge might not increase (but it still counts in the statisitcs page!), if this happens, you have triggered the glitch and your save is broken, no fix available and none coming.

12 hours ago, groomyboy said:

Which scrap have you got the glitch on? Mine had a glitch where it showed one I had already obtained, inside a tunnel by the dump. 

However after deleting and reinstalling, it changed to show the one I was missing. So maybe give that a try instead.

Apart from the panic as well of having to start over, I loved this game, thought it was one of the most movie to game adaptations.

I got the one where your challengecounter isn’t accurate. It showed 85 on my statistics & 84 in my challenges. Therefore I had died after looting a location & it’s bugged. No way around. 

12 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Edit. Just so no one else quotes me, this was a joke reply. OP says don’t get this game but I already have it so should I return it or not play it at all just because of one persons opinion? I am of course going to play it and I’m well aware of how buggy/glitchy it is.

Depends, if you solely care for driving around & beating up the same enemies the entire game, go for it. But if you are wanting to 100%, it’d pass. Not worth the headache with the incompetent developers (bet the publisher wouldn’t give them more money to work on it either)

11 hours ago, xDevilizer said:

Try this solution, it did help me years ago.

So what you’re suggesting is basically just driving around hoping it’ll give the icon & you can scavenge from a visually empty box?

53 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

This topic is filled with ridiculous exaggerations.

The game is fantastic, just not in the the steady way you'd see in prominent AAA games, but it's a great game from a standard game and licensed game standpoint. (I came off the heels of the entire Mad Max series when I played this game, and it did not disappoint.) World-building, atmosphere, combat (ground and vehicular), level design (the entire world, environments, and enemy locations), and Max's performance all to say the least, are excellent. A game having a conflicting trophy list will never be relevant to the game's quality. Trophy wise, I didn't have a single issue when I started and completed this game in 2019. I had a very slight map related issue, but it was resolved without hassle. Several bugs have been fixed since launch, and there are workarounds to certain issues depending on what they are, actually.

Additionally, I've experienced and seen far more bugs in The Last of Us (numerous things related to human and non-human A.I. behavior, the undead faceless Clicker, the companions of any kind clipping through parts of an environment, multiple things with physics in and outside combat, dead bodies flinging upwards high into the sky, etc), of all games, including the infamous collectibles glitch.

I’d love to know the workaround to the 190/191 glitch. Cause to my knowledge it’s a game breaking bug that besides looking out for it isn’t fixable. Also; saying a trophy list isn’t related to a games quality is bonkers. For me, it’s not the Most Important thing, it does have an impact & if you completely throw trophies out the window, the ingame 100% is very easily unobtainable. 

it’s weird you compared it to Last of Us, it’s a known buggy & overhyped game & I’m unsure why comparing it to that mediocre game has any relation to this game. This game didn’t reinvent the wheel & nor did it excel at anything it did. The combat was alright, the level design was bland, the enemies were copy pasted, oh, and the collectibles, those are something else. Nothing like pasting the same mechanics 10x over in a very short game that they want to last 40+hrs

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

So what you’re suggesting is basically just driving around hoping it’ll give the icon & you can scavenge from a visually empty box?

I suggest you try that location from the video. It might be the one you missing. 

It definitely has bugs that can affect trophies, particularly by way of scrap collecting... with that being said it’s an absolutely outstanding video game. Getting locked out of a trophy was frustrating but that just goes to show how much the game made up for it. 

It's a fair decent game if your'e looking for something different. I was able to obtain the Platinum when it came out on PS Plus. I don't think encountered the scavenger glitch at all however what I did to avoid missing one or receiving the bug was to make a save every 5 I collected which i'm sure helped me out a lot

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

One of the best games this Gen, awesome atmosphere. It was everything i expected from a Mad Max game, don't know how anyone can find this boring. 

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

I never got the plat myself. Too much post game waiting and grinding for specific kills or vehicles to spawn. But I loved it. Enjoyed it a lot 

I didn’t get the scrap glitch as I read about it before hand and just made sure I didn’t die. Backed up my saves frequently and checked after each pick up that it counted! 
Basics really, it’s been documented for years now and some pre planning would of saved the ache! Glitches are shit yes but this one was easily avoided 

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Also; saying a trophy list isn’t related to a games quality is bonkers.

So you've never played a good game with a bad trophy list? Or vice versa?

I try not to judge people who care about trophies more than me but, damn, those poor games with bad lists... Guess I should say Mass Effect sucked because I didn't enjoy all the playthroughs required for the plat.

On topic: Mad Max was an enjoyable experience I put in at least 50 hours into. Haven't finished the game, or the plat, but I can't even remember one time it crashed on me. Sure, there were little glitches here and there, but nothing as bad as many others I've played. I say that people try it out, especially if you have Plus, and see for yourself if you like it. This was a rather controversial game at the time of it's release, much like Death Stranding, and I happened to enjoy it.

Edited by redknightalex
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, redknightalex said:

So you've never played a good game with a bad trophy list? Or vice versa?

I try not to judge people who care about trophies more than me but, damn, those poor games with bad lists... Guess I should say Mass Effect sucked because I didn't enjoy all the playthroughs required for the plat.

On topic: Mad Max was an enjoyable experience I put in at least 50 hours into. Haven't finished the game, or the plat, but I can't even remember one time it crashed on me. Sure, there were little glitches here and there, but nothing as bad as many others I've played. I say that people try it out, especially if you have Plus, and see for yourself if you like it. This was a rather controversial game at the time of it's release, much like Death Stranding, and I happened to enjoy it.

Totally agree. I can name quite a few games that i enjoyed A LOT and the trophy list was so poorly made.
Also, i didn't experienced any problems with Mad Max. I know some people have, so i will just leave this here as my personal experience with it. The game was very enjoyable for me and i would play it again if i had the time, even owning the plat already.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

I’d love to know the workaround to the 190/191 glitch. Cause to my knowledge it’s a game breaking bug that besides looking out for it isn’t fixable.

Excluding the backup save files (automatic save file from cloud, manual save file from cloud, save files from usb, multiple in-game save files), I can't recall if there is one. I'm more familiar with the issues people in the other 190/191 group, which I use to be included in, have.

Also; saying a trophy list isn’t related to a games quality is bonkers. For me, it’s not the Most Important thing, it does have an impact & if you completely throw trophies out the window, the ingame 100% is very easily unobtainable. 

Unless developers are designing games with trophies in mind, then they are irrelevant. The point is, a flawed or bad trophy list doesn't equate with the game also being flawed or bad because of them.

it’s weird you compared it to Last of Us, it’s a known buggy & overhyped game & I’m unsure why comparing it to that mediocre game has any relation to this game.

Not really. Its plethora of bugs and its overhyped nature hasn't stopped the gaming industry (general players, critics, and other game developers) from praising the game highly since its launch to present. The game is far more often praised than it is criticized, even though it has numerous mechanic based and technical flaws.

This game didn’t reinvent the wheel & nor did it excel at anything it did.

The game is an original adaption of the Mad Max franchise, so a lot of the game's quality is based on how well it did there. It cannot be fully compared or judged on the same scale as a brand new IP. So as a Mad Max game, it's awesome. It's much different than the studio's signature Just Cause series, which is great because new IPs from studios shouldn't be so similar. I value exploration, combat, and lore the most in games, and MM does a great job in those areas. 

The combat was alright,

The combat is more than alright. Uncharted 3, which technically has the best melee combat in the series, is just alright, even though it's more interactive and skill based than any other Uncharted game. It took heavy inspiration from the Batman Arkham series and as a result has the most distinctive combat in the series. (U4 and TTL regressed, using the same mostly one button mashing system as The Last of Us.) Speaking of the Batman Arkham series, hasn't the combat in that series been received extremely well throughout all time? MM's combat appears to have taken inspiration from that (to a deeper extent than U3), and I've more often seen people say MM does it better or on par, hence why "alright" is an understatement.

the level design was bland,

the enemies were copy pasted, oh,

and the collectibles, those are something else. Nothing like pasting the same mechanics 10x over in a very short game that they want to last 40+hrs

The main camps in the world are all varied, physically. I know this because I was impressed how it never felt like I was traversing and exploring the same kind of camp more than once. The levels also have branching paths within, instead of having a single linear path that every player will experience in the same exact way. On the outside of them, they also offer unique ways to get inside them, like destroying a gate, or using the grappling hook to unlock and drop a ladder, or squeezing through a vertically tight space in the wall, etc.

Your enemy complaint just makes no sense. There's an entire bios section showing the various types of enemies. Even with that said, games in general typically have you fight the same type of enemies throughout, whether it's in a linear or open world, even when new ones are introduced. I've played games with little enemy variation (like The Legend of Korra), and this game isn't one of them.

There's a lot of collectibles. May'be there's too much required specifically for the platinum, but they at least do a good job at world-building. They're not there simply for the sake of being collected without serving any purpose, unlike certain other games. The game is not "very short" whatsoever. The story is probably short, but short story =/= short game.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...