Best Square Enix AAA JRPG this generation ?

Vivis_apprentice

Best Square Enix AAA JRPG this generation ?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite AAA JRPG title that Square Enix has released this generation

• Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • Nier Automata
    • Dragon Quest XI
    • Kingdom Hearts III

Nier: Automata by far. Definitely in my top 5 games of the decade. It came out in 2017 and I still think about it. Such a phenomenal experience! 

FF7: Remake would be second. Absolutely lived up to the hype and I had a blast playing it. Some of the best gaming nostalgia ever! 

FF15 I think this game is very underrated. It does have quite a bit of flaws but goddammit is it fun to play and it's pretty epic and ambitious at times

KH3 was very enjoyable and felt like I was playing a Pixar film

Hmmm well this is tough. The only game I haven't played yet is Nier, but I own it and it's in my backlog.

I enjoyed my time with FFXV, but I played through it before it was fixed, so the fun factor started to vanish before I finished the game. I keep saying I'll go back and play it again one day, including the DLC, but I just haven't had the motivation to do it yet. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 was great, but I couldn't rank it above the other main games in the series. Fantastic game, but there are still two games on the poll that I enjoyed way more. 

FFVII Remake was by far the game I've been most excited about this generation. The visuals blew me away, the music was done well and really reminded me of my first time with the original game on PS. Combat was fluid, I liked the extra stuff thrown into the story that wasn't present at that time (or at all) in the original. Definitely may choice for this poll....or is it? 

Dragon Quest XI just had all that charm that you've come to expect from the DQ series. Familiar music, familiar visuals and enemies, brilliant combat, loved the story especially. Did it sway far from other games in the series? No, not really, but it didn't really have to. For me personally, I wanted "just another" traditional Dragon Quest title and I really felt that it delivered in spades. That's why it gets my vote. Funnily enough though, it's the only game on the list that I haven't platinumed yet, apart from Nier which I haven't played. Talking about it now, I think a new playthrough is in order! 

• Like 3

Nier: Automata, by far.

Hot Take: FFXV is nothing more than a tech demo for what became FFVII:Remake. They used it as a platform to try things out, knowing the original project was so far from what it began as. It was still an enjoyable game but lacks a soul and has one of the worst villains in the series.

This one will be tough for me but I’ll say Dragon Quest XI, that game has such an excellent story and is full of content. Is also the best entry in the series so far IMO.

Kingdom hearts 3 was the conclusion of one if not my favourite franchise ever, however even though it was stellar I still prefer KH2. 

Final fantasy VII remake is a great remake of a game that believe it or not is not on my top 5 from the series. Nevertheless is an impressive title and still one of the best RPGs this generation.

Nier is just stellar, truly a 10/10.

Final Fantasy XV was a surprise and even though it has flaws is far from being a bad game, people are too judgemental nowadays. 

overall 

DQXI - Nier - Kingdom Hearts 3 - Final Fantasy VII remake - Final Fantasy XV

so tough for me ? Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are my favourite series ever alongside Resident Evil but I need to be genuine with my ranking. 

Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts 2 still stomps in all of them though :P