is it ok to late syncing to keep a 100% ratio profile?

sometimes I read few posts about late syncing on this forum, but I am still puzzled about what's wrong with it...

for exemple me i do mainly 2 things to keep my 100% ratio profile:

1/ hide games that are not 100% finished, and after few weeks, months or years i sometimes complete some of them to 100% (if platinum is still obtainable, RIP FFXV?) then unhide them

2/ download few games on my ps4, then turn off internet for few weeks untill I am close to finish them to 100%, then turn on internet and finish them

is there anything wrong with what i do?

Yeah the FFXV 100% with the Comrades DLC is still possible but requires a bit of a long tunneled work around. See here: FFXV Workaround. I just learned about this myself and it seems to be verified by different people. I'll try it out myself at some point because this little bottleneck is what kept me from buying the game on sale. RIP that sale. Come back. :'(

The plat by itself is obtainable on its own, unless my memory is completely just warped in which case... well. xD

I think super late syncs just make it look suspicious, like the trophy time stamps might be cheated in using external software. I think that's the issue the cheater removal team has to deal with: are the trophies legit or are they not? Like on trophies that are unobtainable anymore. Someone can use the argument "well I just synched that one in late". Well... maybe but probably most likely not. 

I usually play it on the safe side and just sync everything I do. 99.9% is still OK completion wise, at least for me.

Edited by Sword
  • Like 3

actually sometimes i also prefer to sync everything in real time, because if you play offline sometimes there is a bug when you sync and you have to play again the whole game from beginning, it's already happened to me, fortunately it was a powgi game, so easy to finish it again twice, but sure that from this point of view there are some risks to play offline

"trophies that are unobtainable anymore. Someone can use the argument "well I just synched that one in late":

i agree here it's not easy for CRT, but seems it's not what I do, me all my timestamps are ok, it's just that

in case 1/ i sometimes do a very long pause to finish a game to 100% 

and in case 2/ i wait a little time before to sync all my new earned trophies

and 2000 hidden trophies from a profile that i have from 2008, i think it's reasonable if you want keep a 100% ratio on your profile, but you are right without that I am far from 100%, but at least it's fun to see this 100%, actually i plan to remove a lot of them to finish some old games to 100%, but i prefer play newgames, and even hide new games if it appears that it's too hard or too long to finish them to 100%, it's the freedom to have a H next to your profile ^^

Edited by Sombroff

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

A funny aspect of this is, you can't late sync online trophies. :) 

yes, here no choice but to sync online in real time, as example it's what I did recently with burnout and call of juarez, and i when i got the 100% on both of them i was not only happy to fnish those 2 games but also to see again this 100% next to my profile

there is an other advantage to play offline 99% of a game, then to go online to sync the last trophy before 100%, is that in the "news" part of the ps4 dashboard will appear all the trophies of the game at the same time, as the final part of firework, useless but cool :) 

Edited by Sombroff

26 minutes ago, MMDE said:

A funny aspect of this is, you can't late sync online trophies.

Are you saying this isn't allowed on PSNP, or are you implying this isn't possible?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Are you saying this isn't allowed on PSNP, or are you implying this isn't possible?

Ps4 its impossible.(auto sync when online )

Ps3 its possible. (No auto sync even when online)

Vita I dont have a clue.

To be more precise, you can auto sync ps3 trophies but they auto sync at a predetermined time of day, so as long as your not online at that time then your golden. You may have to manually turn auto sync off though, it may be on by default.

Edited by charxsetsuna
Added more info and I spelt sync wrong.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Ps4 its impossible.(auto snyc when online )

Ps3 its possible. (No auto sync even when online)

I knew all of this already, thus me asking if MMDE was implying it wasn't possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KondeBra said:

If the site offers the possibility of hiding trophies, there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't judge profiles, but a 100% profile with hidden trophies means, personally, that this profile is not exactly a 100% one.

agree 100% and agree 100% :)

• Like 2

I dont understand the confusion about this.

A late sync has nothing to do with hiding games or playing offline - you'll still get normal timestamps. This is the case of you use only a single console.

This is an example of a late sync:

If you have multiple consoles, it's different.  If you complete Game A in January on console 1 and sync, then complete Game B on console 2 on February offline without syncing, THEN complete Game C on console 1 in March and sync, you'll get a late sync when you eventually sync console 2.

Your list will show:

Game B - February

Game C - March

Game A - January

As you can see, it puts your timestamps out of order.  This will not affect like 95% of the people on this site 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

I knew all of this already, thus me asking if MMDE was implying it wasn't possible.

What some people do is play on a local profile that is not connected to a PSN account yet. When they 100% the game, they connect their PSN account to it and sync. This is not possible with online trophies. Late sync of online trophies on PS4 is not something we generally accept. Late sync of online trophies on PS3, eh, try to not wait until right before or after the servers go down for this. :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Thanks AJ808, the example you give is something forbidden on psnprofile? Or is tolerated but better avoid? I think I did something similar once or twice, but not with 2 Ps4 but between my Ps4 ps3 and vita instead and with hidden/unhidden games. 

And thanks MMDE for your explanation, I didn’t know it’s possible to play a game without psn account, and I am sure I will never try it.

I hope that players who was also puzzled about late sync have also figured it out now.

Maybe it could be worth to write few words on What constitute a flag topic about late sync to know what can be done and what can not be done.

Edited by Sombroff

4 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

tolerated but better avoid?

Especially if the trophies are online or you are syncing near/after a server shutdown.

Though, if I understand you correctly, you are syncing the trophies just not having them displayed. If you have the game hidden, but do keep your syncs up, your trophies won't be out of order, since they would be synced (even hidden) in sequence.

16 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

Maybe it could be worth to write few words on What constitute a flag topic about late sync to know what can be done and what can not be done.

What you describe in the OP is NOT late syncing though. But yes, I do agree that some clarification is desired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Late sync of online trophies on PS4 is not something we generally accept. Late sync of online trophies on PS3, eh, try to not wait until right before or after the servers go down for this.

Except that you can keep a PS3 from syncing trophies, including online ones. I completely understand the logic of suspicion towards late syncs for PS4 online trophies. As far as PS3 is concerned, is it only suspicious to sync online trophies "late", or is it a blanket across all trophies on the platform?

For the record, I typically don't sync late because I just like my stuff to be in order. This doesn't really pertain to me personally, but I was just looking for some clarity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Except that you can keep a PS3 from syncing trophies, including online ones. I completely understand the logic of suspicion towards late syncs for PS4 online trophies. As far as PS3 is concerned, is it only suspicious to sync online trophies "late", or is it a blanket across all trophies on the platform?

For the record, I typically don't sync late because I just like my stuff to be in order. This doesn't really pertain to me personally, but I was just looking for some clarity.

You can stop a ps4 from auto syncing online trophies? How? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Though, if I understand you correctly, you are syncing the trophies just not having them displayed. If you have the game hidden, but do keep your syncs up, your trophies won't be out of order, since they would be synced (even hidden) in sequence.

What you describe in the OP is NOT late syncing though. But yes, I do agree that some clarification is desired.

thanks a lot Squirlruler!!!

you have summed up in few words exactly what i wanted to ask  AND the answer at the same time :-)

you have make it very clear and understandable, at least to me

oh and i suddenly realize that if i sort my psnprofile by "last trophy" rather than by "last played" everything is finally chronologically perfectly fine even with my hidden/not hidden/online/offline games

people working on this website do really an impressive job

The confusion on the matter is partly my fault. I should have used the phrase "double (or triple) syncing the same trophies from multiple systems that cause the timestamps to change" instead of the term "late syncing." While I had other concerns related to trophies being synced late, this was the primary matter.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Dunno. I never claimed it was legitimately possible.

You said it was suspicious which implied it was at least possible, sorry for the confusion.

8 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Why would you hide games? All you get is the sHameful 'H'.

Some people really care about the 100% completion . It all depends what you care more about, your % or having a H on your profile.

• Like 1