is it ok to late syncing to keep a 100% ratio profile?

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

You said it was suspicious which implied it was at least possible, sorry for the confusion.

Some people really care about the 100% completion . It all depends what you care more about, your % or having a H on your profile.

I mean, you never truly have 100% completion if you hide games you can't complete... That's living a lie.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I mean, you never truly have 100% completion if you hide games you can't complete... That's living a lie.

I suppose,  but it's not really our place to tell people they are playing video games wrong though. Unless its against the rules ,however hiding games isnt.

14 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

You said it was suspicious which implied it was at least possible, sorry for the confusion.

It's indeed suspicious to sync trophies for a PS4 game "late", because the only way to do that is through non-legit methods. The only implication here is that late PS4 syncs (or delayed, or double/triple sync'd -- whatever we're calling it) requires CFW and those trophies are automatically suspect by default.

What I was actually talking about was deliberately (and legitimately) delaying PS3 trophies from syncing (online or not) and how it's been a common practice for many years.

With the input from @B1rvine and the rest of CRT, it's clear they're seasoned at this and know what they're doing. It's also clear they're very cautious at what information they give out, as to not fuel the fire and give new breeds of cheaters extra ideas to keep their fake ass profiles looking clean. It's a tough balancing act they're performing.

9 hours ago, Sombroff said:

for exemple me i do mainly 2 things to keep my 100% ratio profile:

1/ hide games that are not 100% finished, and after few weeks, months or years i sometimes complete some of them to 100% (if platinum is still obtainable, RIP FFXV?) then unhide them

2/ download few games on my ps4, then turn off internet for few weeks untill I am close to finish them to 100%, then turn on internet and finish them

I legit want to ask since this conversation seems to be going better than the last one; what's the advantage of doing #2? You aren't earning the trophies any faster in real life, but you sync them all at once, and the end result is... what? A bunch of trophies that appear on PSN with the times they synced, not the times you earned them?

What reason is there to do that other than to make it look you got the plat/100% way faster than you actually did? I'm not accusing, I genuinely don't understand why late syncing is a thing people do on purpose.

14 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I legit want to ask since this conversation seems to be going better than the last one; what's the advantage of doing #2? You aren't earning the trophies any faster in real life, but you sync them all at once, and the end result is... what? A bunch of trophies that appear on PSN with the times they synced, not the times you earned them?

What reason is there to do that other than to make it look you got the plat/100% way faster than you actually did? I'm not accusing, I genuinely don't understand why late syncing is a thing people do on purpose.

No, even if you sync later the timestamps are the same that you got offline... Why do that? Well, to always have a 100% profile and not show the progress of your last game in your completion rate... I think...

4 minutes ago, Strelok_CH said:

with a lot of effort I achieved 100%. and it's really nice for me. 

Felicitaciones!

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Standards have really gone down the well of late.

Anyway, good thing there's the H of Shame on PSNP to remind us who's a decent trophy hunter and who's not.

Well, hiding trophies just to have a clean trophy list doesnt make you an indecent gamer, cheating games and hiding your messed up trophies does.

Maybe bragging of a 100% completion rate when you are just hiding trophies is useless but still not indecent...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Standards have really gone down the well of late.

Anyway, good thing there's the H of Shame on PSNP to remind us who's a decent trophy hunter and who's not.

Soooo... if you hide trophies you’re not a decent trophy hunter? That’s a pretty hot take there

On topic, though: you should be fine to late sync your trophies if that's what you choose. I don't think it would be suspicious if you're playing offline games. As MMDE said, you can't earn online trophies and late sync those on the PS4 because of the auto sync feature.

Edited by ResoluteRock

6 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Soooo... if you hide trophies you’re not a decent trophy hunter? That’s a pretty hot take there

On topic, though: you should be fine to late sync your trophies if that's what you choose. I don't think it would be suspicious if you're playing offline games. As MMDE said, you can't earn online trophies and late sync those on the PS4 because of the auto sync feature.

Exactly. There's no glory in hiding games you can't complete and have the wrong average completion.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Exactly. There's no glory in hiding games you can't complete and have the wrong average completion.

I disagree. In my case, I have around 80 hidden trophies. These are for fifa games I played waay before becoming a trophy hunter, and as soon as I did, I completed every game I could with servers still online.

The reason these are hidden is because I want to be able to have a 100% profile, without having to create a new one. All the hidden games are from before I became a trophy hunter, and have nothing to do with the games beeing too hard, or me not paying attention to servers shutting down (I didnt care about trophies back then).

So tell me, would I been a more decent trophy hunter if I created a new profile and had 100% completion without my old Fifa games hidden?

10 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

No, it's not a true 100% completion, but that doesn't make you any less of a trophy hunter. You're essentially shaming people who hide trophies.

Aren't you the same dude who wanted to see cheaters branded with a cheater tag on their PSNProfile as well? Didn't you get immediately shot down on that idea because it singles out members of the community and shames them? I'll admit, you have an impressive profile with lots of great games completed, but that doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't have as perfect of a profile as you are inherently shameful and "not a decent trophy hunter".

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuuzect98 said:

I disagree. In my case, I have around 80 hidden trophies. These are for fifa games I played waay before becoming a trophy hunter, and as soon as I did, I completed every game I could with servers still online.

The reason these are hidden is because I want to be able to have a 100% profile, without having to create a new one. All the hidden games are from before I became a trophy hunter, and have nothing to do with the games beeing too hard, or me not paying attention to servers shutting down (I didnt care about trophies back then).

So tell me, would I been a more decent trophy hunter if I created a new profile and had 100% completion without my old Fifa games hidden?

I'm sure you speak true. But as they are hidden, there's no way to tell. Maybe the OP hid 2000+ trophies of ultra hard games he didn't want to show off... 

This feature shouldn't have been implemented by Sony in the first place. That's why I'm glad websites like PSNP show if the player has hidden trophies or not.

2 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

No, it's not a true 100% completion, but that doesn't make you any less of a trophy hunter. You're essentially shaming people who hide trophies.

Aren't you the same dude who wanted to see cheaters branded with a cheater tag on their PSNProfile as well? Didn't you get immediately shot down on that idea because it singles out members of the community and shames them? I'll admit, you have an impressive profile with lots of great games completed, but that doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't have as perfect of a profile as you are inherently shameful and "not a decent trophy hunter".

Yup, that was me. I find it normal to mark cheaters as such, as any game/competitions/achievements records of any sort would. You'll probably reply that trophy hunting is not a competition, but it is to many, and that's why websites likes PSN exist. It's all about achieving and showing off.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

I think the bigger problem with hiding games is that it essentially makes the rest of your stats meaningless. Your trophies per day, average completion, milestones, games completed, world and country rank... All of them would be off. Is that really worth it, just to see a false 100%?

But you're not the only person who does this.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I think the bigger problem with hiding games is that it essentially makes the rest of your stats meaningless. Your trophies per day, average completion, milestones, games completed, world and country rank... All of them would be off. Is that really worth it, just to see a false 100%?

But you're not the only person who does this.

Yep, that's the "minor" issue I had with "regular" late syncing, and/or the ability to delete progress. By the time PS10 rolls around, and the rarity leaderboard is created, games with difficulties like Max Payne 3 and Wolfenstein 2 will jump from 0.7% to 70%. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Yep, that's the "minor" issue I had with "regular" late syncing, and/or the ability to delete progress. By the time PS10 rolls around, and the rarity leaderboard is created, games with difficulties like Max Payne 3 and Wolfenstein 2 will jump from 0.7% to 70%. 

Bold of you to assume this website will still be a thing by that time ? and the psn network in general to be fair.

I think hiding the game until it's at 100% is fine, fked up for sure, but fine. Turning off the internet until the game is done is kinda over the top bud, you might need help for your addiction to 100% completion lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KondeBra said:

If the site offers the possibility of hiding trophies, there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't judge profiles, but a 100% profile with hidden trophies means, personally, that this profile is not exactly a 100% one.

This.

if you are hiding games that aren’t 100% then you don’t have a 100% account. Simple as that. 

We have all (mostly) got games that we wish we didn’t start, they look rubbish and mock our profile but that’s life. Hidding it means nothing. It may not appear on here but it still sits on your list at home, staring you down and judging

27 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

We have all (mostly) got games that we wish we didn’t start, they look rubbish and mock our profile but that’s life. Hidding it means nothing. It may not appear on here but it still sits on your list at home, staring you down and judging

To be honest I rarely look at my trophies on my consoles. I much prefer this place. When I do, it mainly to quickly check if something popped that should have. But even then I prefer to update here and look at my own list on this site. So I can imagine someone wanting to clean up their profile on here on not care too much about how it looks in other places.

Also, we probably should start differentiating our terminology based on what we are actually talking about. I would like to coin the term "dupe syncing" or "duplicate synching" to be used in conjunction with "late synching" because the two things are not interchangeable. "Duplicate" because that covers any number of additional syncs.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

17 hours ago, MMDE said:

What some people do is play on a local profile that is not connected to a PSN account yet. When they 100% the game, they connect their PSN account to it and sync. This is not possible with online trophies. Late sync of online trophies on PS4 is not something we generally accept. Late sync of online trophies on PS3, eh, try to not wait until right before or after the servers go down for this. :P 

If I sync them late, they should have the right date and time so where is the problem by doing that 1 month after server shut down (PS3)? Like e.g. Killzone 2 if they get synced now (with date from a couple of years ago). Am I even shown as a recent achiever or how does that work? I am just curious since and I am not going for late sync.

1 minute ago, REAPER4536 said:

If I sync them late, they should have the right date and time so where is the problem by doing that 1 month after server shut down (PS3)? Like e.g. Killzone 2 if they get synced now (with date from a couple of years ago). Am I even shown as a recent achiever or how does that work? I am just curious since and I am not going for late sync.

Do you want it to look like you cheat? As for KZ2 in specific, go ahead, try if you dare. We know who got the trophy and not already.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Do you want it to look like you cheat? As for KZ2 in specific, go ahead, try if you dare. We know who got the trophy and not already.

I don't own Killzone 2. I want to know how late sync looks like since I am curious. You got the trophy technically a couple of years ago but you sync them now so is the person shown as last achievers or does he gets placed in between of all people. Or like the last earned trophy feed. Are the late synced trophies shown there or how does this work.