is it ok to late syncing to keep a 100% ratio profile?

Late synching is fine but hiding the trophies is borderline disgusting. We all know who has a legit 100% and who faking it by hiding. My tip to late synching is just used blank account that way it wouldn't mess up your percentage while you still progressing in the game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J--SILK said:

Late synching is fine but hiding the trophies is borderline disgusting. We all know who has a legit 100% and who faking it by hiding. My tip to late synching is just used blank account that way it wouldn't mess up your percentage while you still progressing in the game

Disgusting? Please Chill it's not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

It's indeed suspicious to sync trophies for a PS4 game "late", because the only way to do that is through non-legit methods. The only implication here is that late PS4 syncs (or delayed, or double/triple sync'd -- whatever we're calling it) requires CFW and those trophies are automatically suspect by default.

Oh, so guess a person who has an offline console, or doesn't have internet or whatever reason, is using CFW for syncing late trophies on PS4, gotcha.

Just now, MichMasteR said:

Oh, so guess a person who has an offline console, or doesn't have internet or whatever reason, is using CFW for syncing late trophies on PS4, gotcha.

That's not what they said and you know that.

If someone doesnt have internet then all their trophies will be late synced, so in a way they will be In order.

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

That's not what they said and you know that.

If someone doesnt have internet then all their trophies will be late synced, so in a way they will be In order.

That's the point, if they are in order and synced 2 or 3 years later, why would it be suspicious?

Just now, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i doubt there would be anything wrong with late syncing etc, but i dunno why you would care.

Well as you can see, a lot of people do, even if you don't cheat and hide a game, there is a stigma when they see that H

• Like 1

I think we are all focusing on the wrong thing here, everyone has latched on to the trophy hiding point but not the syncing issue.

Trophy hiding has a stigma but theres nothing wrong with it, unless we are going to start flagging people for hiding trophies which would be only the slightest bit ridiculous it's not really important in the long run.

14 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I think we are all focusing on the wrong thing here, everyone has latched on to the trophy hiding point but not the syncing issue.

Trophy hiding has a stigma but theres nothing wrong with it, unless we are going to start flagging people for hiding trophies which would be only the slightest bit ridiculous it's not really important in the long run.

I do agree there is nothing wrong with it but have seen it plenty of times in disputes, "oh, you have 200 hidden trophies... you are definitely suspicious"

we're on a trophy site. competitive people will always be pricks to one another. i've been list shamed by people with sound shapes 5x and my name is mayo because I didn't like a game they liked. stigmas are part of socierty. any community will have them.

edit: besides i like your lists, so what if you hid some stupid shit, you've still got amazing games completed. are you supposed to ocd STRESS every choice of video game you make for 10 years?

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

but not the syncing issue.

19 hours ago, MMDE said:

Late sync of online trophies on PS4 is not something we generally accept. Late sync of online trophies on PS3, eh, try to not wait until right before or after the servers go down for this.

The answer has already been given by the actual site authority on whether it's okay or not. What else needs to be focused on?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

I do agree there is nothing wrong with it but have seen it plenty of times in disputes, "oh, you have 200 hidden trophies... you are definitely suspicious"

Yeah I have seen disputes where people don't believe op just because of hidden trophies.

I've never hidden a trophy before, when unhiding them can you unhide all 200 at once or do you need to do it game by game?

19 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I dont understand the confusion about this.

A late sync has nothing to do with hiding games or playing offline - you'll still get normal timestamps. This is the case of you use only a single console.

This is an example of a late sync:

If you have multiple consoles, it's different.  If you complete Game A in January on console 1 and sync, then complete Game B on console 2 on February offline without syncing, THEN complete Game C on console 1 in March and sync, you'll get a late sync when you eventually sync console 2.

Your list will show:

Game B - February

Game C - March

Game A - January

As you can see, it puts your timestamps out of order.  This will not affect like 95% of the people on this site 

Don’t you mean it puts your games out of order? Aren’t your time stamps still accurate?

9 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Don’t you mean it puts your games out of order? Aren’t your time stamps still accurate?

Yes, it will put your games slightly out of order, but the timestamps will stay, of course, totally fine.

What is funny it is happening also with PS4 games played on the same console:

many times when I finish title "A", do not sync it, then complete "B" and then sync both, "B" is "lower" on the games list sorted by "Last Played" then "A".

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

"Games out of order" and "timestamps out of order" is the same thing.  

Look at my profile for a perfect example.

My internet goes down regularly for a few days every time my girlfriend streams youtube (shitty satellite internet). 

This happened in late April/early May, while I was working on Knights of Valour (online only).  During the downtime, I finished off Mount & Blade:Warband (May 2nd) and GTA San Andreas (May 3rd).  When my internet came back up and I synced, the PS4 put them out of order (GTA before Mount & Blade).They still have the right timestamps, they're just not in the correct order on my list.

How common this may be, I cannot say, but it's really not a big deal.  What the CRT are looking for is when you suddenly have a game appear out of nowhere (kept on an unsynced console for months for example), especially in the case of servers that went down.

Edited by AJ_-_808

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

we're on a trophy site. competitive people will always be pricks to one another. i've been list shamed by people with sound shapes 5x and my name is mayo because I didn't like a game they liked. stigmas are part of socierty. any community will have them.

I've noticed that a lot of the elitist 100% individuals often have extremely easy no skill games and would probably have an aneurysm if they attempted a difficult game or one that had multiplayer trophies lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

So, how are you earning online trophies without the internet? If you can explain that, you might have a conversation worth talking about..

16 minutes ago, Helyx said:

So, how are you earning online trophies without the internet? If you can explain that, you might have a conversation worth talking about..

When did i talk about online trophies without internet exactly...? I am talking about late syncs in PS4 which is obviously because your console is offline

5 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

When did i talk about online trophies without internet exactly...?

If you've been following the discussion, my comment was about ONLINE PS4 TROPHIES BEING SYNC'D LATE WHICH ISN'T POSSIBLE. Dunno why y'all keep reading half of the posts and jump to conclusions nobody is making. If you can't follow along in your book with the rest of the class, don't raise your hand.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It's indeed suspicious to sync trophies for a PS4 game "late", because the only way to do that is through non-legit methods. The only implication here is that late PS4 syncs (or delayed, or double/triple sync'd -- whatever we're calling it) requires CFW and those trophies are automatically suspect by default.

What I was actually talking about was deliberately (and legitimately) delaying PS3 trophies from syncing (online or not) and how it's been a common practice for many years.

With the input from @B1rvine and the rest of CRT, it's clear they're seasoned at this and know what they're doing. It's also clear they're very cautious at what information they give out, as to not fuel the fire and give new breeds of cheaters extra ideas to keep their fake ass profiles looking clean. It's a tough balancing act they're performing.

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

If you've been following the discussion, my comment was about ONLINE PS4 TROPHIES BEING SYNC'D LATE WHICH ISN'T POSSIBLE. Dunno why y'all keep reading half of the posts and jump to conclusions nobody is making. If you can't follow along in your book with the rest of the class, don't raise your hand.

Gee, Sorry I didn't read every single post in the thread, nowhere to be seen in the post I quoted you, says anything about online PS4 trophies specifically but hey... keep being so hostile buddy.