Platinum unobtainable with version 1.03

As already mentioned in the respective thread of the NA version of Civ 6, the "Repo Man" trophy became unobtainable with the recent update, as you can no longer perform an art heist with your spy. 

I got the trophy yesterday by deleting the game and starting ver 1.00 directly from the disc. But if you own the digital copy try to avoid the update until you have sorted this trophy out! 

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for posting this; I had pretty much come to this conclusion myself after trying to achieve this trophy on numerous play throughs in the last couple of weeks. Glad to hear it wasn’t just me!

Unfortunately I bought the game digitally so can’t get around playing any version other than 1.03 at the moment. I’ve submitted a ticket to 2K support but I don’t expect to get any help from them.

15 minutes ago, Gedi said:

Hey, thanks for posting this; I had pretty much come to this conclusion myself after trying to achieve this trophy on numerous play throughs in the last couple of weeks. Glad to hear it wasn’t just me!

Unfortunately I bought the game digitally so can’t get around playing any version other than 1.03 at the moment. I’ve submitted a ticket to 2K support but I don’t expect to get any help from them.

Actually, you can downgrade your digital copy - just use this trick :):

On 6/2/2020 at 6:16 AM, Piw3001 said:

As already mentioned in the respective thread of the NA version of Civ 6, the "Repo Man" trophy became unobtainable with the recent update, as you can no longer perform an art heist with your spy. 

I got the trophy yesterday by deleting the game and starting ver 1.00 directly from the disc. But if you own the digital copy try to avoid the update until you have sorted this trophy out! 

Did they deliberately remove the function, or is it just glitched? It sounds like the former but I want to confirm. 

1 hour ago, PFinchen said:

Did they deliberately remove the function, or is it just glitched? It sounds like the former but I want to confirm. 

It's glitched, pure and simple. If the option had been removed, then it would have been taken out wholesale - not left in and greyed out like it currently is.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's glitched, pure and simple. If the option had been removed, then it would have been taken out wholesale - not left in and greyed out like it currently is.

Thanks for the quick response, I hadn’t yet attempted this trophy so I didn’t know the option was still appearing. 

Just to add on this topic that I found a thread on the Civfanatics forum about this and a member of the Firaxis team said they had identified the issue and it would be fixed in a future update. I assume that update will be in about 6 weeks time when the next round of Season Pass content is due.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-1-501-cannot-steal-any-great-works.658422/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gave up on this franchise with Civilization V. Civilization VI just seems like ass in a lot of respects, like 2K Games doesn't know what the hell they're doing.

Civilization IV was perhaps the best game that they've published in the series, but that game doesn't belong on a console.

22 hours ago, SalaciousBeCrumb said:

Looks like the trophy has been fixed in the 1.06 update 1f601.png

Either that or people are downgrading/not patching. 

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

I gave up on this franchise with Civilization V. Civilization VI just seems like ass in a lot of respects, like 2K Games doesn't know what the hell they're doing.

Civilization IV was perhaps the best game that they've published in the series, but that game doesn't belong on a console.

Well, for some of us, too late for regrets. :P 

• 4 weeks later...