Is this game as easy as the reviews imply?

Game reviews are, in my opinion at least, intended to inform the purchaser of what the game is, not how good it is. Once the reviewer tells you what the game is, you should make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the game.

13 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

I'm fine with an easy game, but is it too easy its boring?

It's easy, but not to the point of being boring. Plus, if you're going for the plat, the no heart upgrade run isn't exactly a pure cakewalk 

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I don't have the game but can't you select a higher difficulty?

There isn't an option to pick a difficulty 

• Like 1

the game is not too easy, but what makes it relatively trivial is the fact that enemies often drop healing items that heal multiple hit points, so you'll basically be hoarding a bunch of these without even trying. 

Additionally, you can buy full heal potions (and even auto full heal potions) for extremely cheap in all of the in-game towns... 

• Like 1

Shantae games have always been easy. There's no real barrier to them. The only thing that will affect people difficulty wise is the no heart upgrade run and possibly speed-run. (Though seeing as she has some new powers with the monster spells. I imagine they make those runs even more trivial in this game then previous.)

I have been playing this game on the Switch and really enjoy it. However, some of the trophies have no idea how to do them and I heard that some of the trophies are glitched and won't unlock no matter what you do. I don't know who this Lobster Girl is and where to find her but then again I haven't played for very long.

• 7 months later...