hsn963

30% off PS+ Subscription

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I extended mine, PS Plus is great for this cheap price.

Edited by Sikutai
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame they never discount the 1 month ones.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not on sale in the US store

 

Working now

Edited by DaivRules
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extended mine last week since the discount started on physical stores earlier (bought it through my local ATM so I didn't have to drive to the nearest store that sells PSN Cards)

 

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Not on sale in the US store

 

The banner is there (on the Playstation®Plus section) but clicking on it leads to an "Unable to find the page" error so they might not have updated the US Store yet.

 

GSGOxGX.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t find any value in PS+ compared to PS Now though. The latter is far superior in terms of the number of great games you get.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You get PS+ for the games, not to play online. Online's artificial paywall is just a bonus.

If you want to pay $60 a year for 24 game rentals then more power to you and you're actually paying to use the PSN servers

Edited by majob
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Not on sale in the US store

It's available now.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

Extended mine last week since the discount started on physical stores earlier (bought it through my local ATM so I didn't have to drive to the nearest store that sells PSN Cards)

 

 

The banner is there (on the Playstation00ae.pngPlus section) but clicking on it leads to an "Unable to find the page" error so they might not have updated the US Store yet.

 

GSGOxGX.jpg

 

Working now https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-1YPSPLUSDYOP2020

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I bought mine the other week when they were under $30.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You get PS+ for the games, not to play online. Online's artificial paywall is just a bonus.


Just a bonus?  I can’t imagine not being able to play online or limiting myself to offline-only games.  Online play is the necessity.  The games, Cloud saves, discounts are the bonus part.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, majob said:

You get PS+ to play online, not for the games. The games are just  a bonus

Everyone’s different. I never got Plus to play online. Was still good value back when they were giving me 6 games a month.

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:


Just a bonus?  I can’t imagine not being able to play online or limiting myself to offline-only games.  Online play is the necessity.  The games, Cloud saves, discounts are the bonus part.

No interest in online multiplayer. Dropped out of my FIFA/COD phase some time ago. Each to their own though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Plus discount on the Canadian store and Now is only showing 20% off not 30.

 

Im assuming they'll update later. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

No Plus discount on the Canadian store and Now is only showing 20% off not 30.

 

Im assuming they'll update later. 

 

There actually is if you click through the banner.

Edited by visighost
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, majob said:

If you want to pay $60 a year for 24 game rentals then more power to you and you're actually paying to use the PSN servers

I don't, so I don't do it. 

 

But I will *never* pay to play online. 

5 hours ago, djb5f said:


Just a bonus?  I can’t imagine not being able to play online or limiting myself to offline-only games.  Online play is the necessity.  The games, Cloud saves, discounts are the bonus part.

I can and do. But that's subjective obviously.

 

However, they're not just a bonus. Without them, they would have you pay 11 a month to play the games you already paid for online, despite Sony having nothing to do with the actual maintenance of servers on any games that aren't first party. ALL Sony does is put up the paywall, online is handled by the devs/publishers of each game entirely independent of Sony. 

 

So the cloud saves (that are free on Xbox for EVERYONE), and the 2 games per month, are literally the only "Plus" in PS+, because you already bought the games, the servers aren't handled by PlayStation, so the only addition you get for your money is the games and the save backups, and since thumb drives exist and have been dirt cheap for years ($3 for an 8GB USB has been normal price everywhere for yeeears now), the games are in fact the ONLY additional thing about PS Plus, period.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought a new code from Amazon. I'm good for 6 more months, but why not do it while it's cheaper.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I don't, so I don't do it. 

 

But I will *never* pay to play online. 

I can and do. But that's subjective obviously.

 

However, they're not just a bonus. Without them, they would have you pay 11 a month to play the games you already paid for online, despite Sony having nothing to do with the actual maintenance of servers on any games that aren't first party. ALL Sony does is put up the paywall, online is handled by the devs/publishers of each game entirely independent of Sony. 

 

So the cloud saves (that are free on Xbox for EVERYONE), and the 2 games per month, are literally the only "Plus" in PS+, because you already bought the games, the servers aren't handled by PlayStation, so the only addition you get for your money is the games and the save backups, and since thumb drives exist and have been dirt cheap for years ($3 for an 8GB USB has been normal price everywhere for yeeears now), the games are in fact the ONLY additional thing about PS Plus, period.


11 what a month?  I buy Plus on sale for $30-40 a year, so pay about $3 a month.  If online was free like it was with PS3, I would never be a PS Plus subscriber but at $3/month to be able to play online, I can’t get to worked up about that.

 

I don’t have exact data but I bet 95% of PS Plus subscribers pay for it primarily for online capability.  Subs are through the roof compared to the PS3 days.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djb5f said:


11 what a month?  I buy Plus on sale for $30-40 a year, so pay about $3 a month.  If online was free like it was with PS3, I would never be a PS Plus subscriber but at $3/month to be able to play online, I can’t get to worked up about that.

 

I don’t have exact data but I bet 95% of PS Plus subscribers pay for it primarily for online capability.  Subs are through the roof compared to the PS3 days.

 

 

You shouldn't have to wait on a sale, to buy access to the privilege of playing the game you just paid for. 

 

I don't have data either, but here's the first thing that comes up when I Google'd PlayStation Plus poll. It says that in 2012, when online was separate, PS Plus satisfaction was around 95% (ironically the figure you gave), and then just 3.5 years later (so before another price rise AND before they cut the games from 3 systems down to 1), it dropped to 23.1%, so from nearly every single person being happy, to less than a quarter, in a couple years. Either A: people AREN'T okay with paying for online, or B: the quality of games has turned to shit with time and people are pissed about that. Because at that point, the only difference between the time frames is online MP stopped being free, and the quality of games had dropped. So either people do care about the games, or people don't want to pay for online, and in any case, you're wrong.

 

As for the subs being through the roof, you'll find that console sales are also through the roof compared to the PS3 days, among other variables, but moreover, being forced into something doesn't mean you're happy with it... just look at that survey. Which honestly, I forgot to paste, here https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4dafke/playstation_plus_satisfaction_rate_falls_below_25/

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You shouldn't have to wait on a sale, to buy access to the privilege of playing the game you just paid for. 

 

I don't have data either, but here's the first thing that comes up when I Google'd PlayStation Plus poll. It says that in 2012, when online was separate, PS Plus satisfaction was around 95% (ironically the figure you gave), and then just 3.5 years later (so before another price rise AND before they cut the games from 3 systems down to 1), it dropped to 23.1%, so from nearly every single person being happy, to less than a quarter, in a couple years. Either A: people AREN'T okay with paying for online, or B: the quality of games has turned to shit with time and people are pissed about that. Because at that point, the only difference between the time frames is online MP stopped being free, and the quality of games had dropped. So either people do care about the games, or people don't want to pay for online, and in any case, you're wrong.

 

As for the subs being through the roof, you'll find that console sales are also through the roof compared to the PS3 days, among other variables, but moreover, being forced into something doesn't mean you're happy with it... just look at that survey. Which honestly, I forgot to paste, here https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4dafke/playstation_plus_satisfaction_rate_falls_below_25/

 


well of course I (and others) would prefer free.  There is currently no way around it.  I would probably pay $200 a year to be able to play online; it does not mean I would like it.  But I would grin and bear it.
 

Also, the customer satisfaction percentages make perfect sense. Previously, subscribers were those who WANTED to.  Now, the majority are those who NEED to, as online is is an important part of most AAA games.  They don’t want to pay for it but for the full experience, they certainly need it,
 

Not saying it is ideal.  The only other option is to switch to Xbox but so many are invested in PlayStation (games, trophies, first-party titles, price of new console, etc.), that switching is not a viable choice either.
 

 

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree wholeheartdly with Super Fly. Unfortunately I have some unfinished business with PS Plus games I got and want to finally raise my  completion percentage  so I'm forced to buy it  again, at least they got COD this month...

By the way, I noticed Indonesian accounts don't ask you for a credit card  regarding the free trial, or at least they didn't a month ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought 1 year subscription to renew my PS Plus at a decent price.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

 

However, they're not just a bonus. Without them, they would have you pay 11 a month to play the games you already paid for online, despite Sony having nothing to do with the actual maintenance of servers on any games that aren't first party. ALL Sony does is put up the paywall, online is handled by the devs/publishers of each game entirely independent of Sony. 

 

Every online PS4 game hubs through PSN and you pay to use that infrastructure the same way you pay to enter a club each time you visit. That's why when PSN is down you can't access the online even if a third party company's severs are still up. And games like Warframe are free to play on PS4 without a subscription whereas on the Xbox you must have Gold in order to play them. You want to cherry pick but fail to acknowledge the negatives on both sides.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.