Finally!!

I absolutely LOVED this game.

Other arcade games that I have dumped my whole childhood life savings on that I’d like to see are N.A.R.C., Crime Fighters, Vendetta, Violent Storm, Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stones, Alien vs Predator, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and Bucky O’Hare.  Which, because of licensing issues, half of them will probably never be brought over to Arcade Archives...?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, enaysoft!  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, I don't think some games like X-Men, Turtles, Turtles In Time and The Simpsons will be included.

Remember, they didn't even bother to renew the licenses for those games back in the ps3/360 era. Not sure given Konami's track record that they will care to renew those. Which is a shame

7 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

But seriously, this was probably one of the more intriguing arcade games I've seen Retro Replay play for one of their earlier episodes so definitely looking forward to trying this one myself for awhile now.

SUNSEEEEET RIDERRRRRRS!!!

• Like 2

What do I have to do to get the Record Score trophy to pop? I've gotten literally every other trophy, even the one on Hi Score mode, but for some reason the one on Original won't pop after beating the game, even purposely getting game overs a few times, even trying it on the Japanese version and yet still nothing.

Just play a game and die on Stage 2 boss or something, if you get to type in your name and be 10th in the highscore table of the game, after entering any name, wait for the highscore roll to finish scrolling, takes about 5-10 seconds, then it will ask you.

Do not press the touchpad. I did this on my first go by mistake and then the highscore prompt did not come up.

A problem with all Hamster games though, which is dumb.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, enaysoft said:

In some ways Sunset Riders is like better than Contra, the best cowboy game ever made. Way better than all that Red Dead nonsense.

That might be the generation gap talking.

Sunset Riders in particular was one of the arcade machines at a local Chuck E Cheese place I went as a kid. The arcades were already on their way out as this was back in the Nintendo 64 era, I already had Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Still there were games there at Chuck E Cheese where you would win tickets and exchange them for toys and gifts, which I loved as a kid. But I asked for some pocket change and Sunset Riders was a lot of fun, along with the Simpsons Arcade. They had all the 1990s era Konami arcade games, and they were a blast.

Years later when I was a Senior in highschool a bunch of kids were playing Sunset Riders on a Super Nintendo emulator on the computer, so I played it and had a lot of fun.

It was definitely the Golden Era for Konami. Really sad to see what they are today. A hollow shell of their former selves.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...