Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning announcement leaked

6 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

THQ Nordic hits with the terrible rerelease subtitles again. I'm so in. Wonder how they would have convinced EA to let them do this...

They bought it 2 years ago. Its becoming their brand by putting weird subtitle in their remasters.

Edited by Kpppp-2B9SA2
  • Like 1

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments where I'd buy this game the second it dropped or pre-order it in the meantime. Never have I before but with this game I would in a heartbeat. I loved this game and enjoyed platinuming both versions back on the PS3. I look CRAZY forward to platinuming it again!

• Like 1

Bought the PS3 copy but one of the rare few physical copies in my collection that I never got a chance to play. Always wanted to play it considering how good people claimed it to be. Will just pick this up if it's significantly better in terms of visuals and performance

And here I was wondering if they'd ever get the publishing rights to the original game. Despite that I still held off on the game a long time due to THQ Nordic's trend of remastering. Plus I technically can't play it now due to trophy sync issues with my PS3. I wonder how well it's held up as an RPG and if it's still as unique as it tried to be back in 2012. 

Edited by bikeman223

4 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

I've had this on my backlog for ages. Anyone know how playable the PS3 version is? If I don't care about graphics at all, should I stick with the PS3 version or just get the new one

The PS3 runs great.  Load times are good and there's no slow down.

Because it is released from THQ Nordic I like to advice people to only play it after the first 3 to 4 patches have arrived. THQ Nordic is infamous for releasing games in unstable conditions (Look at Titan Quest Re-release which is still a shithole after almost 2 years of patching).

Also I have a question: Can someone explain where the love for this game comes from? I played the demo many years ago for the Mass Effect 3 special weapon but literally fell asleep playing the demo because it was just not interesting in any way.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Because it is released from THQ Nordic I like to advice people to only play it after the first 3 to 4 patches have arrived. THQ Nordic is infamous for releasing games in unstable conditions (Look at Titan Quest Re-release which is still a shithole after almost 2 years of patching).

Also I have a question: Can someone explain where the love for this game comes from? I played the demo many years ago for the Mass Effect 3 special weapon but literally fell asleep playing the demo because it was just not interesting in any way.

I'll play devil's advocate. If the MS Store listing is true and Kaiko is the studio working on it, I'm not worried. Their last few ports have been solid enough, Darksiders Warmastered being my prime example.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Well it's a fun rpg that combines a lot of mechanics from different games. A lot of people see the passion of the creator and saw what it can become. So maybe a lot of people hoping it become franchise that rivals other rpg. And there is drought of rpg  in ps3/360 era.

I loved this game because it really gave consideration to how you wanted to build your character and play your game. It didn't feel like you were just mashing a meta build together all the time just to be efficient.

3 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

My dumb sixth sense strikes again.  Just picked it up again the other day.

Same for me lol, bought the Japanese stack a week or two ago (and it still hasnt arrived </3) 

Because I only just bought it I won’t get the remaster day 1, but I hope it sells well without my support.

• Like 1